It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow man experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Ok here go's,

I was born in Northern Ireland, and I now live in Sydney Australia. From my earliest memory in childhood up until i was 7 years of age I was visited by a dark shadow being almost every day of my life. We lived in a two story house and most encounters happened in my bedroom during the day or night it did not matter.

1. I could always sense when this shadow being was around as my heart would beat really so loud.
2. It was definitely a man however it was not defined.
3. It had red glowing eyes.
4. This being used to hover over me and tickle me but when I screamed no sound was made, and its hands would go straight through me.
5. In all the years that this entity visited me it only spoke to me once and it said "take my hand and I will show you the other side".
6. I did go to the other side and there was other people there that were not shadow people that stared and looked at me.
7. We walked a short distance and we stopped it turned to me and said "this is as far as we can go you must return now" .

There is much more that happened to me in all the years but im not the greatest typer in the world and im finding it hard to try and relate what im saying, but im telling the truth what happened to me is very real and I've never understood what exactly i saw and why it contacted me.

I have only told this story to a few people in my life, and I can understand that people will read this and think im talking complete Bs, but i can assure you that there is things in this world that are truly further from what we perceive reality than we can ever believe.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
There is no way of knowing if you're telling the truth, but one thing is certain; you are not the only to experience this. If you google "shadowy figure red eyes" you'll find many other stories with similar encounters. What could it be?

The Red Eyed Shadow
Perhaps the most frightening of all shadow people experiences is that of the red eyed shadow. This form of shadow person is described as having glowing red eyes which cause the viewer to feel paralysis and extreme terror. They have been described as the embodiment of pure evil

the-psychic-detective.com...

his happened in December of 1999. I have to start with a little background information first. I am Roman Catholic but I had never been much of a churchgoer, although I did celebrate festivals, especially the one for the Virgin Mary on December 8th. Mostly this is because of my culture since that particular celebration is a very huge deal where my family is from.

As I said before, this happened in December 1999, and specifically it was a Sunday either a week before the 8th or the week after, but definitely around that time. My family and I had been working all that day with the festivities and when we finally got home at 6pm I was beat. So I told my parents that I was going to sleep and I did.

The first thing that happened that day was that I had a nightmare and woke up. It was your normal nightmare... The one that you're being chased by something and right when it's about to catch you, you wake up. So I woke up with my heart pounding, but I auto soothed myself just like I always do when I have a nightmare until my heartbeat went down and I feel asleep again.

The next thing I know I'm looking into a totally white room, when suddenly a beautiful, female voice says to me, "You must go through three sorrows before you find love..." As soon as she finished saying these words, three flashes like strobe lights quickly happened. With each flash was a picture, the only one that I remember seeing clearly is the middle one, which was a knife being thrust into my heart, a classic betrayal image. Then I woke up, again, with my heartbeat racing. Again I auto-soothed myself and fell asleep again, or well... I don't know if I was dreaming or not to tell you the truth.

Next thing I know I'm looking towards my closet door and there was a shadow of a person there with red eyes that was staring at me (at this time my bed faced the attic opening and the closet door, also, I had a 3-foot statue of the Virgin Mary on my bureau next to the attic opening which my grandmother gave to me and had nowhere else to put it). I have three windows in my room, so there's always light and you can very clearly see at night because it never gets completely dark, and yet there was the shadow. This shadow thing walks towards me and thrusts his hand into my chest and slowly pulls out a silver-white cord from my body. I was horrified! I thought, "OMG! He's taking my soul!" So I took the cord and tried to wrest it from his hands but to no use. He kept pulling this cord from my body, and each time he pulled a bit more I actually felt myself floating out of my body! All of a sudden I remembered that the Hail Marys are supposed to guard you against all evil, so I started to pray like there was no tomorrow! After only a few Hail Marys, the thing stopped and he let go of my cord and it snapped it into me so fast that I jumped out of bed. It was like the snap of a rubber band that is being stretched and then let go, very hard and very fast. Well, I was still praying and that thing was still there looking down at me... But I heard its thoughts or I don't know, some type of communication happened because I remember him saying to me, "You won this time... But next time, you won't be so lucky!" Then I woke up.

Well let me tell you, my heart was racing as fast as it could possibly go... And I didn't really want to go back to sleep because I thought that something else would try and get me, when suddenly I saw movement! It was the statue! She was walking towards me! As she did, she kept growing bigger and bigger until she was human-sized. Well let me tell you folks, that was truly the last straw. I curled up into a fetal position and rocked back and forth while chanting, "Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me..." I probably peeked because I'm curious enough that I had to see what was happening and she was right beside my bed. Next thing I know I feel Her hand on my brow soothing me like a mother would when a child is frightened. As she did this, all my fears just went away and I fell asleep into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning, I remember going to class but with that in my mind. I kept thinking... Was it real? Did it really happen? Or was it just a dream? I told my friends during my lunch break about the strange dreams, since that was what I figured they were, since the alternative was just too fantastic to contemplate. When one of my friends said that at least part of my "dreams" weren't. BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER ANYTHING WHILE INSIDE THE DREAM STATE. Well that got me worried... Because that meant that... I still don't like thinking about it too much, but I'm sure you get the picture.

So that night I came home thinking about it... But still trying to dismiss it in my head as just a series of bad dreams. I fell asleep without any incidents.

The next night however was a different story. While again thinking about what happened on Sunday, I suddenly felt the bed press down as if someone had suddenly just sat down on my bed, except I was completely alone in my room! A litany of Hail Marys just started in my head because I did not want whatever it was near me, the bed went back to normal and I fell asleep.

Unfortunately, this does not end my story. A year passes by without any incident, and December comes rolling back. Once again it was that day and my door refused to remain shut! My room has carpeting and the door is quirky but it's actually fairly difficult to get open and yet I actually saw... With my own eyes... The knob turn and open... But no one was there! This is actually now fairly common for me. It happens all the time now after that first incident... it's still pretty creepy, but I tend to lock the door now, of course it doesn't help that whatever is doing this now likes to rattle the doorknob to make sure it's locked.

A follow up of the above story is that 2 years later, I ended up talking to my aunt about what had happened to me... And she gives me the most mind-boggling news. My cousin who lives in Nicaragua (the country directly north of Costa Rica) had a similar experience with a shadow thing ON THE SAME NIGHT AND, given the time difference, THE SAME HOUR AS WHEN I WAS ATTACKED! Except that she was nearly choked to death by this thing. I'm talking about she had red hand marks on her neck from this thing.

So now my question remains... And will always remain... Was it all just a dream? Or did it really happen?

www.yourghoststories.com...

Right now I’m 18 but back when I was 15 I think I may have had a very scary experience with a shadow figure. It was daytime and my sister and I were in our room with the lights out to see a glow in the dark bracelet (we have aluminum windows so the room gets very dark).

I was sitting on the floor facing towards the doorless closet at the foot of the bed while my sister was in front of me sitting in the middle of the bed. Out of nowhere I look towards the corner where the closet and adjoining wall meet and I saw a huge black figure coming towards me. It scared me a lot and it made it worse when I got the sensation of it wanting to harm me. I started to kick and curse at it while it got closer. At that moment my sister felt like someone grabbed her by the shoulders and she said she felt a sense of peace before wanting to cry. She turned on the light when I started screaming and the shadow was gone. It made me think of a figure that I’ve felt before in my house.

It’s always been a black figure with red eyes watching me from what is now my bedroom (where I strangely don’t feel anything like when I shared rooms with my sister) or the living room. It even appeared in a dream once where I was laying in bed with my sis next to me and suddenly the door opens and I see the red eyes staring at me from the ajar door, holding it with a gray clawed hand. I scream but it was as if no one else could hear me, I mean my sister didn’t even budge or my parents came to check! Luckily I woke up before it did anything. It’s rare for me to see it but recently it feels as if it’s come back.

The article on the shadow people made me remember since both the shadow and the creature (which gives off more like an animalistic feeling) have characteristics of both. I was wondering if you guys could tell me more about them. I’d really appreciate it.

www.trueghosttales.com...

edit on 4/8/2011 by goochball because: added 2 stories.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

On one occasion I knew "he" was there, and I was frozen with terror. I lifted my bed cover with my feet and to my horror a head with red glowing eyes was looking at me, from the bottom of my bed.
I have never felt, fear like that in all my life and I'm now 32 years old.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
o0o0o sounds spooky, I like it! You must have some sort of spiritual sensitivity or perhaps a third-eye, a mind's eye, that sees a bit too much...

I bet it happens all the time, apparently so since this sorta story seems to come up alot, especially with kids.

I always wonder what's out there, what's there but also not there, right in front of me, or is it behind me? Odd feeling, it's as if dimensions overlap and I don't see why someone with a special sort of sensitivity wouldn't detect something else's presence to a much higher degree. Perhaps I have such dreams and visions as well, but I've trained my mind well to block out things that could cause psychological issues later in life. A defense-mechanism I consciously built in my youth (rough childhood), mayhap it serve me well. As spiritualists throughout history have said, your mind is left to drift in your dreams and that is when you are truly "awake".

I would say it was all a dream, nothing bad happened, you can put it behind you if you like. But if it kept happening I'd one day gather the courage to do something, consider that perhaps you have more power then you know, and I'll wager anything the "shadow man" would quickly realize it as well.
edit on 8-4-2011 by slayer420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by slayer420

It happened all the time, my parents were f reeked out about it, they would always hear me speaking to "someone" at all hours of the night. my mum would sometimes slowly open my door slightly to see me sitting on my bed talking in full conversation to something she could not see.

My only witness is my grandmother who saw this being, she has passed now.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I've had so much happen to me I don't know where to start, hence the reason I'm a member on ATS, thanks for the comments.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideAwakeNow

It happened all the time, my parents were f reeked out about it, they would always hear me speaking to "someone" at all hours of the night. my mum would sometimes slowly open my door slightly to see me sitting on my bed talking in full conversation to something she could not see.

My only witness is my grandmother who saw this being, she has passed now.

I'm not doubting you've experienced this whatsoever, what intrigues me is the human mind. Is it truly immortal spirits or embodiments of evil playing cruel jokes or twisted ironies on mortals? I somewhat doubt it, but what do I know? All I have is my intuition and I think someone, or something (perhaps even your own subconscious) is trying to tell you something.

Perhaps if you could go into more detail about the specific nature of this shadow entity you encounter I could make more assumptions that might lead to some helpful advice... I sorta pride myself on giving advice that seems to lead to good mental fortitude, and that might just be the power I was referring to...
edit on 8-4-2011 by slayer420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
So, I was just reading a bunch of stories about this shadowy figure...and a lot of them mention being paralyzed with fear. It's actually pretty crazy how similar a lot of the stories are. Check out this story, and make sure to read the comments as well. Inteeeeeresting.

from-the-shadows.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I sincerely appreciate how your approaching this post cheers,

This experience in my life is what opened all avenues and doors about the paranormal and extra dimensional entities that may or may not exist in the universe.
This entity followed me when we moved house back in 85-86 and on the first night it payed me a visited. I knew it was coming because my heart was thumping through the roof as it did when it was coming, it stood there and looked at me with no emotion, this was a normal reaction with this being. Eventually it faded way.

On the second night, I sensed the entity coming again, only this time I jumped up out of my bed and ran to my door... the door pushed against me hard numerous times and I said to this being "Go away, Go away", and the door stopped moving.

To this day I've never experienced this entity again, but it has scarred me for life.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
On ATS, check out some of the Astral Projection threads.
quite a few have seen shadow figures, and more while projecting.

If I were you, I would give it a try.

I have had 1 short OBE, and saw 2 smokey black shadow figures near my bed.
I am now trying to get out there again

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

A strange thing happened to me once when I was asleep,

Many years ago shortly after my shadow man experience, at home, my dad was a bouncer at the worlds most bombed hotel (long story) he was going to work and I was asleep on the living room floor, the old man woke me up and said, "son go to bed it's late", so I staggered off to bed.

I was dreaming shortly after going to bed, and I was dreaming that I could fly. during the dream I decided that I was going to fly down the stairs and out the front door. The strange thing is, I dreamed that I floated down the stairs and stopped at the door, I was tempted to open the door and fly over our roof and around my town, however I stopped myself thinking that this could be dangerous.

If I wake up and realize, I could fall to my death. So I decide to go back to the living room where my dad told me to go to bed, when I woke up my dad had finished his shift it was 0400 in the morning and he was perplexed at why I hadn't gone to bed when he had first told me many hours ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I've had an experience like that as a child...All I know is that the entity was female. Nothing more and this figure was white..I can only describe as white smoke...I could see the eyes, either black or a darker colour.

I even got a name, maybe a name I just made up"Pam" but I am certain it was real.. I first met the enitity in our first house and later when we moved it was also there. My parents used to get scared because I used to wake up at night and talk to something they couldn't see. sometimes it was every night or just some.

I no longer have contact with this entity but we are all still curious as to what I have seen.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
here is my personal experience. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience. Its often hard to share something so personal.
Forget what anyone else says - its REAL FOR YOU

and just fyi I believe you.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: slayer420

I've thought about your response of a bad dream.... this was different, real and very complicated as it followed me to another house, it was only interjected on my part through shouting that his shadow being never returned,

Their are things that are truly be ond are comprehension

top topics

join