It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation/ Information on Duendes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What are they?

I have heard about them but I don't know what they are or anything about them?

Any information?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Permapoop

Try this :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its a previous thread that has alot of info

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Very synchronistic posts we have going on here. I just posted something about this a short while ago in another thread.

Not sure if they're related or not, but on the Caribbean island from which originally come, there are a lot of reports little men. These men are called "Bucks" and they are apparently magical (being able to grant wishes and what not). These creatures often stay with a person who feeds them and takes care of any needs they may have in exchange for magical influence in that person's life. Another set of beings are called "Douens." They are seen as small people with feet that point backwards (apparently so they can confuse those who would track them) and straw hats which usually cover their faces somewhat. However, these are considered to be the spirits of dead children and lure living children out of their houses in order to make them a "Douen" as well. My sister's friend actually reported seeing a few of these creatures trying to get into her house, she speculates that they were attempting to get to her child.

There is a short blurb about them in the link provided below and an internet search will also yield results. They are called Douens where I come from and they are certainly one of the more accepted creatures of folklore which roam my native isle.

Douens

new topics

join