It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sons "guy."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Okay, so this has been a nightly occurrence for two weeks now. My son will wake up at night and either call my name or, his mom. He won't be scared but, noticeably startled. When you ask him what is wrong, he will say "My guy is in my room. He taking my stuff." He will then point to his bed or, to the corner of his room. BUT, sometimes he will be actually terrified and say it's this "guy." I will ask him about this guy the next day and he will say he is "nice and mean." He also refers to him a lot as "my guy." This is not the only time I have noticed my son talking to "things that aren't there." My youngest boy passed away last year. He was born premature and was only able to fight for 14 days before passing away. I can't discuss more of this, as it's extremely hard for me BUT, I have noticed my son talking and playing with him. He will come up to me and say 'Odin' is taking my bike, Odin is this and Odin is that. But, that never bothers me at all. It actually makes me happy knowing he gets to see his brother.

My son is two and a half years old. He is completely normal. The house that we live in is my childhood home. i have never had any fear of this house. I have never felt anything at all. I don't feel threatened at all and neither does my wife. You can always feel the "vibes" of bad areas, ya know? This home just doesn't have that. I am not even scared now, I am worried about my sons well being. I will not let my house be taken from me by fear. But, I do respect the paranormal. I think that's a necessary balance. I guess I just wanted to get some input from other people.

Well, thanks for the time!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
What you are experiencing is definitely paranormal. I would not be too concerned, just as long as your son is not being harmed by the spirits in your home.

Many will try to say that he is just a child, so it is just his imagination. This may be true, but we have to realize that we do not see what they see. Children are believed to be just as sensitive to paranormal entities as animals.

Perhaps there is more to the whole "childhood imaginary friend" thing....

Probe

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Its interesting..

Perhaps you could figure out more about Odin..
Perhaps ask your son what he looks like, see if it is a likely match to what your child may have looked like.

But at least your son is happy.. I do always wonder about these things, why young children would either believe they see or see spirits over adults.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Sounds like a bunch of B.S. to me, that you have made up to get attention.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Why are you so sure?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much, many children see spirits/entities when they are very young, it normally starts to fade as they get past the age of three in normal children, although can stay much longer with some children, and some of course never lose it and go on to become psychics
I wouldn't let your son see any worry in you, and when he mentions the visits from his "guy" just casually ask what he is telling him, as for him seeing his brother (and my deepest sympathy for your family) it could be a spirit o f your son, or could be psychological, a young child dealing with loss in his own way. But I have seen to many strange things in my life to discount it actually being the spirit of Odin, and tend to believe it is.

Good luck to you and your family and it would be nice if we could have some feedback if you are able to find out some of the things this guy tells your son

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

I really do think that children are "in tune" with the paranormal. My son never actually met his little brother. (The ICU doesn't allow children in their facility, to protect the little ones.) But, sure enough, he actually knew his little brothers name before anyone actually told him. He is two but, i'm convinced he could sense when his brother passed away. He was grumpy, sick, and just not himself for a week after. He was just always sad and off beat.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
[more

I don't think the OPs story about his son having an unseen friend is hard to imagine, and it sounds like he's curious as any of us might be.

I think you want attention.. and you have it now. Happy?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I personaly belive that children are more prone too seeing spirits and ghosts and such because as a young child they have not been taught and programed that these things are not real, that they dont exist. Many adults usually do not see them anymore and it takes some type of paranormal experience too re-open that part of the brain. Both of my younger brother and sister have talked of seeing someone that too us just wasnt there. My son has told of someone he talked too in his room in our old house. Maybe they are attracted too children because they know that children can see them. So they go too them to be able too interact with the living maybe, whatever their reason it seems to be a very common accurance.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Right back at you..why are so sure?

edit on 8-4-2011 by mileysubet because: to add "at"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Its interesting..

Perhaps you could figure out more about Odin..
Perhaps ask your son what he looks like, see if it is a likely match to what your child may have looked like.

But at least your son is happy.. I do always wonder about these things, why young children would either believe they see or see spirits over adults.

I have actually thought of that. It just almost scares me to try and figure more about Odin. I have recently been trying to have dreams about him. It's really hard though, as it only happened last year. I actually went completely numb for the first month. I didn't cry, I hardly talked, I just went blank. It always makes me happy when my son talks about him though.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

some say the dead can follow people if the dead are disturbed. This guy or my guy doesn't sound right and it might also be your child's imagination or fear. From what i have been reading he has a abnormal obsession with his "things" maybe toys being taken from him. Is this a form of punishment you give him when he acts up? I mean do you or your wife take away his toys? maybe it's a bully of some sort? Just a suggestion but i would talk to him and ask him if he's being bullied. I'm thinking he might be suppressing his actual life into his fears

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

This is what I have been leaning towards. I'm not going to move or, anything! I actually think it's amazing what children actually know. Their innocence is so pure that they are still in touch with the other side. They probably possess knowledge far beyond our understanding.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

some say the dead can follow people if the dead are disturbed. This guy or my guy doesn't sound right and it might also be your child's imagination or fear. From what i have been reading he has a abnormal obsession with his "things" maybe toys being taken from him. Is this a form of punishment you give him when he acts up? I mean do you or your wife take away his toys? maybe it's a bully of some sort? Just a suggestion but i would talk to him and ask him if he's being bullied. I'm thinking he might be suppressing his actual life into his fears

I have never taken anything away from him as punishment, timeout is what we do. Actually, it's hard to get him to pay attention to his toys, aside from his bike. He is obsessed with my dog, outside, and my aquariums. He is all over the place, running a million miles a minute. I think he may have inherited my short attention span and energy. I try to talk to him about it but, getting a two year old to describe features is hard! And I also feel that if I pursue it to much, he will just catch on to it and agree with me.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your story.
Im sorry for the loss of your little bundle of joy.
I believe your son is seeing things that are real. I experienced the same up until the age of 6.
I had to go to a hypnotist when i was 5years old as i scared my parents with some of the strange things i said about the people that were around me. And i talked to my parents about how i picked this life from the few i had to chose from. I told my parents things that even to this day my mother wont tell me.
I do believe your child, as i did and said the same as your child at his age, and it WAS real. Well it was to me.

And i believe that our loved ones will stay around long after they have left this physical plain of existence.
I was visited by my little nephew 4 years after he past away.

Your child may hold a special gift that only a few posses.

Take care.
Meathed

PS Im 34 and i still get my visitors.
edit on 8-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Sure of what? I did not take a stance in your argument, sir.

I was simply asking why you think this user is simply fabricating stories for attention?

Have you noticed inconsistencies in this user's posting habits? Or are you just a troll making unfounded claims?

If you are going to make such a claim, be sure to back it up and not get defensive when you are confronted about your claim.

That is all I am saying.

Probe

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

No, I am pretty sure the OP knows what he is talking about and KNOWS it is paranormal. Nice try, though.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by o0Belive0o

I think that isn't entirely likely. Many places in the eastern world have been conditioned to believe ghosts and spirits are real but general society beliefs. Japan being the one that comes to mind, but as well more tribal places in Asia.

I would think that either: A) Children are chemically more prone to seeing things that aren't real, or believing delusions.. or B) Have a difference in some structure in their brain that allows them to see spirits..

Either is entirely impossible, I think. There are structure in the brain that are misunderstood, or perhaps just not detected.. and generally as you age, some things just go away.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You should be happy, your child is comunicattting with a ghost, and having love-hate relationships ! (altrought kinda creepy)

top topics

join