It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Unexplained Phenomena That You (Probably) Never Heard of Before

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
#2 Reminds me of the They Might Be Giants song called Where Your Eyes Don't Go ^_^ Also there is an organization (at least a .org) dedicated to it. They call them shadow people.

www.shadowpeople.org...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have actually heard of the stone toads before. There is supposedly one of them at the Smithsonian Institute...(I assume it's at the Museum of Natural History) though not sure....Great thread!

Thanks for making me remember...I had completely filed that away in deep brain storage and forgot about it.

Wow...just noticed the date on this thread...no wonder I hadn't stumbled on it before.
edit on 5/7/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Wow.

I am forever waking up with deep scratches all over me. I always pressumed I caught myself with my nails in my sleep but after spending a night recording myself sleeping I didn't move enough to cut myself up. Didn't realise it was such a common thing.

Strange. Love reading things like this though. Thanks so much for posting.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm new here and very much enjoying this thread. Kudos to you, sir for such a great piece. I have much to share so let's begin.
5. Mystery Scratches.
I'm a skeptic at heart about a lot of things I've experienced in my 33 years on this planet, but certain things just simply CANNOT be explained. This first post barely scratches the surface of the craziness that I have encountered, but hey, it's stuff like this makes life pretty interesting for some.
I must have been 17 years old, living in Massapequa Park, NY, with my mom, older brother and sister. In a two story house, my mom and I had rooms downstairs, my brother and sister, upstairs. One nite, I had a dream that something or somebody was in my room. Thinking I was awake, I naturally sat up to see who or what it was, and to my surprise, it was young, very attractive almost naked girl smiling at me and coaxing me out of my bedroom, into the living room, and towards the stairs. Now, for a seventeen year old guy who loves sci-fi movies and comic books/books, it's not a bad dream to have, but rest assured- what happened next was very messed up.
Out of curiosity, I followed her up the stairs to the hall between my brother and sisters' rooms, whereas she led me to my sisters' room. Naturally I whispered to this girl "no.." because my sister is a very private person and HATES to be woken up for pretty much any reason but emergencies, but as this girl opened the door to her room, the moon light coming through my sisters room hit her face dimly, exposing more features, and she flashed a very sinister smile at me, holding her finger up to her mouth and whispered, "shhh..."
This is when I got an unsettling feeling. There was something off about her teeth, but more importantly, her eyes. I felt like I was suddenly in a trance and was now just following her submissively. I could see my sister sleeping on her side facing us, and didn't wake up. Across from her bed, was a dresser and her TV. Between the bed and dresser, was a small wooden table, 2x3 feet, and about 2 feet high. This 'girl' led me to where that small table was and slowly took my right hand to her mouth, revealing a set of twin fangs and bit through my pinky finger. Blood drew out onto the corner of the small table and down it's leg. In pain, I snapped out of the trance, and pulled my crucifix off my neck (at the time, I was a catholic) and shoved it into her mouth. To say the least, she set on fire and exploded as they usually do in movies now-a-days, and I instantly woke up.
Probably just a wild imagination, right?
After I woke, (abruptly, I might add) I felt a throbbing sensation in my right pinky, and saw two faint marks where this vampiric girl in my dream had bit me.
This made me think for a minute, but just to be sure it wasn't a dream, I went upstairs to my sisters room anyway, just to see if I wasn't crazy. What I found, was that my sister was sound asleep in the exact same position she was in the dream. The other thing was the small table I had spilled my blood on, was not there.
Instead, on the table an empty dinner plate, and an opened bottle of Heinz Ketchup, on its side, that had spilled out its contents on the same corner and down the leg.
I've tried to rationalize this but it doesn't work. And during that week, I had not been in my sisters room at all except for that very moment to confirm whether or not my dream was real.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have always felt Diderici's story inspiring.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join