It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Unexplained Phenomena That You (Probably) Never Heard of Before

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The vanishing phenomenon is quite interesting, I have a few theories about that one, relating to multidimensional existances. But I won't bore everyone

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

I commented a few years ago about the plain of jars, and I don't think they where used for rainwater storage. That was alot of work for it just to be used as water storage, especially in a place that received alot of water anyway. Also if they where used for travelers, why place them in such a way that it doesn't look like it was designed for it. I mean you would see maybe 50 at one site then at another a bunch strung over a mile or so and then one or two. If it was designed for travel then the king who made this happen would have had these at every 10 miles or 20 miles whatever. And just as with other societies around the planet, the people say that Giants made these (giants again).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

damn thats nuts!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow, heard of the first one but my mind was blown by most of the other things.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've had some strange experiences numerous times in my life... usually more than once a year... It seems like the world around me is in slow motion and I'm in fast gear... I don't know how to explain it otherwise, I don't know of anyone who has experienced this personally... but it's like I can feel this time slowing coming on and when I'm in the midst of it I'm extremely aware of it, and I can feel it fade away and catch up to normal mode... if anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd love to know your experience or what this is!?!?!??!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The scratches and Hyper perception happen to me quite a bit... I usually wake up with unexplained scratches 2-3 times a month and have experienced hyper perception maybe 6 or 7 times in the past 10 years or so.... I never knew what it was until i saw this thread. I say it's hyper perception b/c of the "extreme" feeling i've gotten when i walked into places ive never been before. It's almost panicky. My chest shoulders arms neck and head all feel really tight and I have this extreme sense that i've been there before. I also feel much bigger than I really am (6' 135-140lbs is what im at now and ill feel like i might be about 190-200 during) and it makes me want to be real aggressive in most cases.

The scratches I used to attribute to my cats except one situation specifically. I was asleep on my couch and felt like i was in a half-awake state when I heard what sounded like something running along the edge of the couch and all of a sudden my arm had this extreme pain. I jumped up and looked around (it was day light so i didnt have to turn any lights on) and my cats were no where to be found... I looked for them and discovered my little brother had them locked up in his room with him so it couldn't have been them. I had 3 parallel scratch marks on my forearm that were there for maybe a day. They completely vanished the next night. This was when I was 14

I have also awoken to find my left wrist feeling irritable and when I got to work and sat down I went to scratch it and realized there was something sticking out of it... I ended up pulling out a tiny metal rod maybe 3-4cm long and 1mm radius, I tried to see if I could break it but i was unable to, it could be because of it's small size though. Unfortunately, I worked outside and had dropped the bar in the grass and lost it... This is when I was 16

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Grace0f4babes

I've had the same experience, plenty of times in my youth, usually more than once per year.

Music and sound slows down, movements seems to be in slow motion. It's impossible to not notice it when it happens. I usually just stayed put and wait it out, until things returned to normal.

I believe it can be explained by epilepsy, or seizure premonition, what you feel before a seizure. I've heard some only get to the stage before seizure happens and thus only experience odd awareness, with no seizure. I've never had a seizure or been diagnosed with epilepsy so, I suppose I can not give account for how seizure premonition should feel like.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Lunette_Verte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I know this will probably start the flyin' tomatoes and brickbats, but the toads in the coal are probably best explained by a Noadic flood event thousands of years ago, instead of the typically-accepted "millions and billions of years" doctrine. Layers of sediment built up rapidly over the course of a few weeks and created coal, rather than slowly over the course of eons. It's the simplest explanation (hello Occam).

Similarly for the dinosaurs+man footprints. If man was around when dinosaurs were created, there would be side-by-side tracks (hello T-Rex).

I'm not a huge Kent Hovind fan but he has an interesting video series on Youtube about the Bible and dinosaurs. He gives what he believes to be lots of supporting evidence that dinosaurs didn't really die out but gradually decreased in numbers and still live to this day. It's a fascinating lecture. Not saying I know for sure he's right, I'm just saying it was interesting and plausible.

The word "dinosaur" wasn't invented until the 1800s... they were "dragons" before, a word that is found all over the Bible. Take away the fire breathing and the wings and you've got what looks like a dinosaur (hello Puff).

Just saying. Let the brickbats fly (hello anti-creationists).

By the way, the WWII bomber on Google Earth "is the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Avro Lancaster, one of only two flying in the world (the other is in Canada)."

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I can honestly say I have learnt a lot! Thanks!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I read about so called vanishing people when I was a child, still not sure I believe it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BastianCain
hi. i've been lurking for years and had an old account but forgot the pw. i can't post a thread because i only have four posts.. anyways.. i want to share an experience that happened to my friend and i about 6 years ago, i'm 23 now, so is he.

i met a girl on myspace, picked her up with my friend, and met two other friends at my friend's grandma's unoccupied house. to this day i don't remember where it is.. i live in LA county and it was some where off the freeway. off the 5 south.. i wasn't driving or had my license at the time, my friend was. we hung out in the garage of this house. afterwards we decided to go home and part ways, we dropped off the girl i met on myspace and were on our way to my friend's house.. it was around 1 am at this time. our 2 friends who we left at the house because they drove separately called us and said they couldn't find their keys.. they searched extensively to no avail. so we had no choice but to pick them up but had to check in with my friend's mom because we were under age at the time and let them know. so we did and went on our way to pick up our friends.. by this time it was almost 2 am.. the destination was about 30-40 minutes away.

here's where the strange thing happens.. looking back, i remember it was completely silent.. no other car in sight.. no nothing.. and obviously this is most likely due to the fact it was almost 2 am.. but looking back it's just something i remember.. it was eerily silent in retrospect.

anyways, the exit on the freeway showed up, i remember vividly us taking the exit, going up a slight hill and pulling up to an intersection stop light right off the freeway ramp. to the left was where the freeway kept going, and beyond there were some mountains miles and miles away.. so we were at this stop light.. thinking nothing of anything.. just waiting for it to turn green.

all the sudden, a humongous flash happened.. like someone built a thousand foot papparazi camera and snapped a shot of us in the car. the flash enveloped everyting in my vision, and was as close as close can be. the flash made everything go blank for a split second like a normal camera flash would, but it was extremely bright and close. looking back, it seems like the flash came from the top left corner of my vision, but when it happened it was everywhere at once.

it all lasted a split second. but with the huge flash was a simultaneous "BOOM" FEELING that we both felt. like being close to a really loud bass speaker at a club. it happened simultaneously with the flash and also lasted a split second. just imagine a large bass noise you feel in your chest. the weird thing is.. all within this split second, both me and my friend reacted the EXACT same. we both clutched our chests and yelled out OH MY GOD.. or OH.. i can't remember quite, but all i know is at the exact time of the flash and feeling we both started panicking and yelling, automatically followed by a "DID YOU JUST SEE THAT, DID YOU FEEL THAT!?!" it was all so freaking strange. to this day i would even brush it off if it wasn't for the fact how we both reacted at the same time feeling/seeing the same thing at this stop light completely void of all life.

god i will never find out what that was. so inexplicable.. i just dont understand and we still talk about it to this day. he will tell you the same thing i did. we reacted and panicked at the same time.

on this site i managed to come across two threads of people experiencing some large flash.. so i'm really wondering if there's any correlation. i don't remember if i checked the time but i don't think i checked.. i think we were way too flustered and so absolutely frightened that we didn't check if there was a time slip or anything.

we then proceeded to pick up our friends and told them what happened. i will never forget what happened. i dont know what it was. and i dont think i ever will.. if anyone has any information on similar experiences please inform me, thank you

Wholly frick. damn near the exact thing happened to me! I made a post about it three years ago in a thread here on ats. I'm just like you, I will NEVER forget that night. I'd really like to know as well if anybody else has had this phenomenon happen to them.

Here is the thread that I posted my story to in 2008. It's the last post on the page:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-4-2011 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Whoa. I love all these threads you post, really helps us be open to new things. I think the Time Slips and Hyper Perception are the most interesting. Especially the Time Slip.

I have heard about such things before over the years, and did minute research on it, but didn't find to much. It was still always interesting to see pictures and real-life events about things that had happened and were only seen for a second.

The Hyper Perception is also really interesting. It could either be mistaken for ESP or physic powers or some such, but it could also point us to the direction of reincarnation or similar concepts. We always have to be of open minds when approaching things such as these.

All in all, thanks for these posts, really gives us something to think about, especially when we should be doing our homework.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

I had forgotten about some of this.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtycrickrat

I have this type "deja vu" to!! It used to freak me out terribly! Now when it happens, I try to remember the entire dream, so I can maybe figure out what happens next.

Also, for the last few years, I have been able to tell, in the dream, that it will happen in real life at some point. So I look around in the dream, at people, my surroundings, what other people are wearing, my hair, anything to be able to tell WHEN in the future it may happen. (So far, not much luck with it!)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You have such an interesting article

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is very true ,time is circular .project pegusus shows this in US. www.coasttocoastam.com... . makes you wonder if they put General Lee's battle plans wrapped in the cigars by that cornfield .There are instances of people finding items in coal and rock. foot prints of dinos and humans in rose river TX

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thank you. I especially found the skull link interesting!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grace0f4babes
I've had some strange experiences numerous times in my life... usually more than once a year... It seems like the world around me is in slow motion and I'm in fast gear... I don't know how to explain it otherwise, I don't know of anyone who has experienced this personally... but it's like I can feel this time slowing coming on and when I'm in the midst of it I'm extremely aware of it, and I can feel it fade away and catch up to normal mode... if anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd love to know your experience or what this is!?!?!??!

I always thought that had something to do with a rapid deployment of adrenaline or something related to severe anxiety. It happened to me a couple of times, the worst was the first time(got sucker punched in Jr, only made me sway a little didn't even knock me over), everything seemed to slow down. Sounds, light, objects(people);while the targets of my rage became clearer and more pronounced everyone in the back drop seemed to fade into a blur. But I also felt grounded in place, like I couldn't move(for some reason they ran off in a hurry without me having to do anything).

And then there was a few times while driving with deer and stuff popping out and the suddenness of it I guess causes my brain to do something that has a similar effect, albeit not as debilitating. When I first got my license I was driving a 94 Temp GL(awesome beginner car) down a windy back road going about 38ish mph with an old buick tailgating me. Well all of a sudden a buck walks out and stops in my lane like a car length or less in front of me. My perception of time slowed very slightly, enough that I could quick turn on my turn signal and pull off the side of the road(I think the buick ended up clipping the deer slightly). It is really, really weird how your mind thinks while in that state. It is like the mind uses something other than words to "think things out".

But I still think it is some kind of interplay with adrenaline + whatever hormone triggers anxiety and a dash of our inborn primal instincts.

I don't know how this could relate to the missing people or "time slips", but what is the difference at the quantum level between a real machine and a "holographic"/projection of a machine?

Could it be that some of these people are just replicating EMP fields(or whatever) in their minds. After all at a very, very small level it seems like everything is somewhat holographic in nature. Or is it an interplay between the brainwaves that produces an effect similar to the Philadelphia experiment?

Maybe the 4th Dimension is just luck. With people living on different luck frequencies all at the same time. Some people can become so unlucky that they just poof out of existence.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread although some of the things mentioned have real scientific answers that deserve consideration rather than just thinking all of these have strange or paranormal mysteries behind them.

De Ja Vu:

This phenomenon is linked to many of the classic De Ja Vu experiences that a reported 70% of people (in legitimate studies) indicate happen to them at some point in their life or at regular intervals. These episodes are likely linked to various episodes mentioned, such as "time slippage", where in fact our minds are simply overlaying memories, thoughts, or forgotten images on top of real-time observations of the eye.

The example being that perhaps you read a book on the Civil War, and have watched the History Channel and seen some episode or reenacted film clips of a battle. In your "minds eye" you envision a scene while reading a book - the brain logs that away although it is not anything you really have seen, but the memory is enhanced by having seen on TV something similar. Then you go to a Civil War battlefield and swear that you saw a regiment of Union clad men walking with muskets in a seemingly lonely or isolated portion of the battlefield.

In this case, memory and creative imagery in the brain is playing tricks on your vision as the brain transmits thought or memory images (that never really happened but were enhanced by real images you saw on TV) and you end up "thinking" that you actually saw the Union soldiers with your own eyes. In this case your brain played a trick on the nerves of your eyes, and for all practical purposes your brain picked up the images (or so it thought) and processed them as though they were seen by your eyes in real time.

De Ja Vu is medically explained in similar form. Basically what happens is the eye percieves the object you think you have seen before and sends a message to the brain as it normally would, but instead of storing the message in short term memory like it's supposed to, the brain receives the message, and then intantaneously deletes it (so to speak). Then the next second, the eye is still perceiving the object, and relaying the information the the brain, who now seems to be re-experiencing this information for the first time. Hence, De Ja Vu. Our brains are particularly susceptible to this type of misfiring when they are overly fatigued or sleep-deprived as many studies have shown already. Most people in Western society are actually sleep deprived or stressed, which causes the same reaction.

Missing People:

While there is no way to prove the 19th Century stories of people "fading out" or "vanishing", there is some truth that millions of people do "vanish" so to speak in that they never come home or seemingly "disappear" from normal life. These cases have many times been explained by 1) kidnappings and murders never discovered; 2) people running away from their own life and taking on a new name and identity, 3) people wandering off into the wildnerness and literaly dying there never to be found.

Hope these help explain some legitimate reasons behind some of these phenomena which often times relate to our vision and our brain function - not weird paranormal circumstances (that do exist but not in all cases).
edit on 5-5-2011 by flight-dynamics because: Misspelled word. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grace0f4babes

Wow! You just reminded me of when this would happen to me when I was younger... around 8-15 years old. It would be weird... one time I remember best was when I was blow-drying my hair and my mom was talking to me. It seemed as if all of a sudden the sound of the blow-dryer and my mom's voice slowed way down and my reactions seemed a little slower and I couldn't explain it but I was very aware of it... Something like this hasn't happened to me in a while though, now I'm 23.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join