It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Unexplained Phenomena That You (Probably) Never Heard of Before

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

Woah! Great thread, very informative. :-)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Vanishing People (Earth) - While some half million people essentially disappear in the USA every year, For most there is a logical explanation. However there are some people over the centuries who have completely vanished while in the company of, or witnessed by several people.
The year was 1815 and the location a Prussian prison at Weichselmunde. The prisoner's name was Diderici, a valet who was serving a sentence for assuming his employer's identity after he died from a stroke. It was an ordinary afternoon and Diderici was just one in a line of prisoners, all chained together, walking in the prison yard for the day's exercise. As Diderici walked with his prison inmates to the clanking of their shackles, he slowly began to fade - literally. His body became more and more transparent until Diderici disappeared altogether, and his manacles and leg irons fell empty to the ground. He disappeared into thin air and was never seen again.
This case began as a harmless bet among friends, but ended in tragic mystery. In 1873, James Worson of Leamington Spa, England, was a simple shoemaker who also fancied himself somewhat of an athlete. One fine day, James made a bet with a few of his friends that he could run non-stop from Leamington Spa to Coventry. Knowing that this was a good 16 miles, his friends readily took the bet. As James began to jog at a moderate pace toward Coventry, his friends climbed into a horse-drawn cart to follow him and protect their bet. James did well for the first few miles. Then his friends saw him trip on something and fall forward... but never hit the ground. Instead, James completely vanished. Astonished and doubting their own eyes, his friends looked for him without success, then raced back to Leamington Spa to inform the police. An investigation turned up nothing. James Worson had run into oblivion
Charles Ashmore. It was a cold November winter night in 1878 when 16-year-old Charles went out into the dark with a bucket to fetch water from the well for his family on their Quincy, Illinois property. He did not return. After many minutes, his father and sister became concerned. They feared that Charles perhaps had slipped in the snow that blanketed the ground and was injured, or worse, had fallen into the well. They set out to look for him, but he was just gone. There was no sign of a struggle or fall... only the clear tracks of Charles' footprints in the fresh snow that led halfway to the well, then abruptly stopped. Charles Ashmore had suddenly disappeared into the void.
Reference these books : Among the Missing: An Anecdotal History of Missing Persons from 1800 to the Present, by Jay Robert Nash, and From Into Thin Air, by Paul Begg

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I believe i have experianced missing time as a child and once as an adult.

In 2000 i was out for a late night drive and got a craving for donuts and coffee. I remember looking at the clock on the dash and it read 1:10am. I also remember going down a long stretch of road. I kept driving then all the sudden my tape i had playing switches sides and at that same time i felt jolted back into my body. Looked at the clock and it read 2:30am. I remember feeling confused, and realized i hadnt made to the donut shop yet. I went home and felt very disoriented. All my life i have wondered what that was that happened to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It hasnt happened in a while but for years about once a month I would wake up with a scratch sometimes two. It would be irritated (burning) and raised much like an allergic reaction though I am not allergic to anything. Yes they would be visible to someone I might show. I never saw the skin actually broken which always made me think it wasn't me scratching myself in my sleep. I never realized this happened to other people. The scratches did look very much like the picture in the OP. They would always be gone without a trace by the time I would take a shower after work.

I guess I always just laughed it off and forgot about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

There was an instance in the recent past where a farmer left his front porch, with family on the porch, walked across a field, to meet a car at the road. He disappeared in the field. The man in the car jumped out and ran to the spot while his family ran from the house to the spot. He of course had completely disappeared. The earth was solid, he was nowhere to be found. However during the next week his family members could occasionally hear him crying, and calling. They tried to call him but he apparently could not hear them. It is thought he died, due to lack of food and water, in whatever place he was transported.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Many things I had to do today and this is becoming a thread impossible to tear myself away from. Like a dog with a bone. The old lady is barking so just marking the page to come back to it.

That Phaistos Disc looks like a genealogical record. That center flower is representative of the highest level or something, I'm no expert on chakras and that stuff. Divides into two and then we see the families, one after another. Symbols represent people. Could be...This they figure is 4000 years old give or take.
The other disc starting with 2 might be a co-existing line of people. another clan.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
S&F for you! Very interesting!
It makes me want to read more about more unexplained phenomena.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
yep a very nice read indeed.
Its really great to read an interseting thread now and again,
where nobody gets flamed,called sarcastic names or
laughed at.
More of these please.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Permapoop

Hey Permascoop, you were asking about peoples timeslip experiences - I admit its not my own but a first hand report that came my way in 2006. Of a man called George who was walking his dog over what is known locally as Blacks pad. In the town of Hucknall just North of Nottingham, England. Hucknall was established as a coal mining town. The 3 pits there closed during the 80s, the last of which ended in 1986. Since then the former headstocks locale of what was pit site 1. Has been demolished and quite literally thrown down the pit , the area has become a local nature reserve and park. George explained how he was walking dog along the main path over the top of the pit location, he said he could machinary clanking, people talking and others shouting. As he looked around he said it was like being there i could see the headstocks, folks leaving, people walking about. it was incredible he said it was like being there it was all around. the dog was barking like crazy but no one seemed to notice him. George said it lasted for bout 5-10 seconds. It was like time stood still and there was this disorientation, like it was slower than it should have been.He likened it to how it is after youve had a few pints.

There is the phenomena known as Phantom Scenery. Though ultimately Time slips, they could be the same experience.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I,Find these very interesting. Good report!.....some of these things I,have heard of but the rest no.,As,far as I.know there isn't any answers to these things.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
!

hey hey, my first post..i was more of a quiete observer for a while already, but a couple of topics, including this one, force me to interact

i really enjoyed the thread, like many i knew most but not all of them; especially the vanishing people and time slips i found most interesting..

concerning time slips...

a).this photo with the sportscar? you got some more sources of that?

b.) are there more fotos like these (which are not already debunked) ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C: ) ...i hope someone knows what im talking about, a while ago i read somewhere (i cannot recall where) on the "alternate media" something concerning a simmilar phenomenon.. it mentioned photos taken via birds eye view from new york (?) and some of them showing the devastated city in somewhat djungle-like ....anyone knows what im talking about? ...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kindest regards

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

LOL, At first I was like "What,.... 170 flags WTF? Give me a break!" Then I actually enjoyed it quite a lot so Star and flag for you. You deserve it, thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This information in the OP has peaked my interest very cool something very cool and strange I have came across actually came from my math111 professor and she was talking about the 111 coincedence as in if you were to add up the last 2 digits of your birthyear and the age you will be this year it will equal 111 and it is like that for everyone on the planet alive now for example i was born in 1985 and will be 26 this year
+ 26

just for example but I thought that was super cool almost as proof as a plan or design in time to me it is thought provoking

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

not exactly what if you were born after 2000?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

your right but its still pretty cool for all those born before that

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
One way you can explain waking up with mysterious scratches is bits of bed springs sticking up through the mattress.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

OOOooohhhh. Good catch!

Fits the description quite right, does it not?

Probe

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Rad thread!! Star and Flagged!!

The Vanishing thing is awesome creepy!!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
here is a link to some strange disappearences Strange Disappearences I thought the first was a bit odd and I have never heard of more than half of them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join