It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Unexplained Phenomena That You (Probably) Never Heard of Before

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
These types of things have always fascinated me! I had heard of a lot of things mentioned in this thread, but not all. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
so you just copied and then pasted an entire article from elswhere on the internet? including the pics. unless this was your site then im not at all impressed(very good article though)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
the time slip one interests me the most.

i know it says not to be confused by deja vu but over the years i have been able to link my "deja vu" experiences with past dreams. almost all the time it happens i have a "moment" where i realized this has "happened" when it has not. just a product of my sub conscious from a prior dream.
but when theses "moments" happen i realize i remember them and my dreams in full detail, and this happens all the time to me..weekly if not daily.

and every time i have a "moment" its always from a dream from a long time ago. ie months or years.
meaning i remember my dreams that happened long long ago in the present moment.
i am confident i dream my future

i wonder how many people expierence deja vu?
is it a "special" trait or just product from an over active sub conscious?
edit on 8-4-2011 by dirtycrickrat because: content

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I loved reading the OP to this thread. Great job! Recently, I have been very limited in my free time and really enjoy gems when they appear on ATS.

I heard of a few of these, but others I had never heard of. So thank you for giving me some free knowledge on weird things.

You deserve more then one flag and star, but that is all I can offer.

Thanks for the great read.

PS- This kind of thread is what makes ATS the best place to visit online.

MM
edit on 8-4-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtycrickrat
the time slip one interests me the most.

i know it says not to be confused by deja vu but over the years i have been able to link my "deja vu" experiences with past dreams. almost all the time it happens i have a "moment" where i realized this has "happened" when it has not. just a product of my sub conscious from a prior dream.
but when theses "moments" happen i realize i remember them and my dreams in full detail, and this happens all the time to me..weekly if not daily.

and every time i have a "moment" its always from a dream from a long time ago. ie months or years.
meaning i remember my dreams that happened long long ago in the present moment.
i am confident i dream my future

i wonder how many people expierence deja vu?
is it a "special" trait or just product from an over active sub conscious?
edit on 8-4-2011 by dirtycrickrat because: content

i think alot of people experience deja vu, but would choose to keep it to themselves.

lately, i been having these experiences more and more to the point, when the dream takes places, its up to years later that very event begins looking familiar to me. its such a strange paranormal field that i dont think even quantum science can explore it enough for viable answers. im certain there is a correlation between deja vu and time slips.... could magnetic interference within the earth's field play a role?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You might be right about the dino's cause if you've ever seen a salt water croc it looks like the dino's are still here too !
Talk about a time slip

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wow, there is a lot of interesting stuff covered here. It is definitely a very thought provoking post and I will have to research some of these topics in more detail to satisfy my own curiosities.

S&F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Very interesting! S+F for you.
do you know of any videos however on the topic of time slipping?

Thankss

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thaks a lot for this tread.S&F.Not pretentious.
You are just asking questions,like most of us here.
I would also like you to start a new tread.Google (360 days Earth year),and you will find the site of Keith M.Hunter.I think he has some valid points,and I would like to hear from people on ATS what they think about it.

Sorry. It was not my intention to derail this one.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Great post! I have heard of some of these phenonmenons before. The toad thing is new to me though, I wonder if all the toads were of our time period or if they were thought to be extinct. The infrasound topic I find very intreaging. I believe we will discover harmonic frequencies have a much larger role to play in paranormal events, the behavior of the universe, and possibly even its creation than anyone would of thought. I believe string theory will prove this. Have you ever been driving in your car and listening to the radio. Your on your favorite station and all the sudden another radio station steps all over and completely bleeds over your favorite song. I believe this is a key part in paranormal events. When frequencies collide they simply interfere with one another. The "ghost we see is probably just as startalled to see us. Interactive "hauntings" are not very common. Most of the time it would appear the "ghost" is repeating something they may have done or still be doing on another "plane" or demensional level. It's likely, I would say, that when "ghost" are able to interact with our side it is because of some enviromental variable between our earth and theirs that is amplifying their frequency over ours. This of course will be less common than the repetitive action of most paranormal events because their frequency is older than ours. You don't ever hear people claim they saw a ghost caveman. Those frequencies have deteriated over time and would probably take something more sensitive than us to pick up on those energy signatuars. When you look at it in this perspective it helps to support many recent findings in quantum theory(which is already law by my standards.)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

The second one, those shadowy things. Ive seen one and I know its not something that just people can see and some sort of hallucination because me and my dog saw it exactly at the same time. Both of us turned our heads immediatly when it "appeared" in the corner of my eye, and apparently in my dogs corner of the eye. He left standing vigilant and watching where the thing flashed but I didnt see a thing anymore.

It was a very clear winter morning, and we were on a ice skating rink. Well, it wasn't a usual rink. It was very close to my house in a suburban house area, so there were no actual ice rink boards. It was just an appr 1 meter snow barrier the plough car had made, and then the city iced the ground. And closeby was a pond and some forest. So visibility was very clear around the area, closest house was about 100 meters away. All you could see was the ice skating field and nature. And there was no one skating or hanging out because it was a weekend morning.

We were standing on the snow barrier and across the field, about 15-20 meters away it flashed on the other side of the field above the snow barrier. And we both saw it at EXACTLY at the same time.

It didnt have any recognizable form. All I can remember it was black as black is black and in diameter it was appr. human size. It left me with a very odd sensation, wondering.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wish i could harness time slips and learn to control them like being able to harness and control lucid dreams

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Small world. I to work nights in a hotel, and find myself looking up whatever I fancy, I tend to go for the odd or mysterious. I had read some of what you have posted already, Thanks for putting this thread up, I had not read about time slips, or the jars. Now I have the rest of my night sewn up, lol!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I was digging a large opening on my property for a underground shelter I was building. While checking out the hole I for some reason pulled on a rock that was sticking out. The rock was 6ft to 7ft below ground level. Behind it was a large toad 6" to 7" long still alive. I took it to a wet area on my property. I am still mad that didn't call the university of Washington to check this animal out. I could have been very old or an extinct spieces. There was no way this toad could have dug down and overwintered there. I'm still mystified.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
hi. i've been lurking for years and had an old account but forgot the pw. i can't post a thread because i only have four posts.. anyways.. i want to share an experience that happened to my friend and i about 6 years ago, i'm 23 now, so is he.

i met a girl on myspace, picked her up with my friend, and met two other friends at my friend's grandma's unoccupied house. to this day i don't remember where it is.. i live in LA county and it was some where off the freeway. off the 5 south.. i wasn't driving or had my license at the time, my friend was. we hung out in the garage of this house. afterwards we decided to go home and part ways, we dropped off the girl i met on myspace and were on our way to my friend's house.. it was around 1 am at this time. our 2 friends who we left at the house because they drove separately called us and said they couldn't find their keys.. they searched extensively to no avail. so we had no choice but to pick them up but had to check in with my friend's mom because we were under age at the time and let them know. so we did and went on our way to pick up our friends.. by this time it was almost 2 am.. the destination was about 30-40 minutes away.

here's where the strange thing happens.. looking back, i remember it was completely silent.. no other car in sight.. no nothing.. and obviously this is most likely due to the fact it was almost 2 am.. but looking back it's just something i remember.. it was eerily silent in retrospect.

anyways, the exit on the freeway showed up, i remember vividly us taking the exit, going up a slight hill and pulling up to an intersection stop light right off the freeway ramp. to the left was where the freeway kept going, and beyond there were some mountains miles and miles away.. so we were at this stop light.. thinking nothing of anything.. just waiting for it to turn green.

all the sudden, a humongous flash happened.. like someone built a thousand foot papparazi camera and snapped a shot of us in the car. the flash enveloped everyting in my vision, and was as close as close can be. the flash made everything go blank for a split second like a normal camera flash would, but it was extremely bright and close. looking back, it seems like the flash came from the top left corner of my vision, but when it happened it was everywhere at once.

it all lasted a split second. but with the huge flash was a simultaneous "BOOM" FEELING that we both felt. like being close to a really loud bass speaker at a club. it happened simultaneously with the flash and also lasted a split second. just imagine a large bass noise you feel in your chest. the weird thing is.. all within this split second, both me and my friend reacted the EXACT same. we both clutched our chests and yelled out OH MY GOD.. or OH.. i can't remember quite, but all i know is at the exact time of the flash and feeling we both started panicking and yelling, automatically followed by a "DID YOU JUST SEE THAT, DID YOU FEEL THAT!?!" it was all so freaking strange. to this day i would even brush it off if it wasn't for the fact how we both reacted at the same time feeling/seeing the same thing at this stop light completely void of all life.

god i will never find out what that was. so inexplicable.. i just dont understand and we still talk about it to this day. he will tell you the same thing i did. we reacted and panicked at the same time.

on this site i managed to come across two threads of people experiencing some large flash.. so i'm really wondering if there's any correlation. i don't remember if i checked the time but i don't think i checked.. i think we were way too flustered and so absolutely frightened that we didn't check if there was a time slip or anything.

we then proceeded to pick up our friends and told them what happened. i will never forget what happened. i dont know what it was. and i dont think i ever will.. if anyone has any information on similar experiences please inform me, thank you

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Alright so I've been thinking about posting this just have yet to get around to it and didn't really know how to label the exp...I work the overnight shift at "juvie hall" my section consists of a 50 yard hallway with bedrooms on both sides where the kids sleep. One night about 6 weeks ago I went and sat at the end of the hallway flipping thru my iPhone. All of the sudden I became unusually tired and I felt like I dozed and dreamt a bit. I became aware of someone rubbing my hand and heard a very unfamiliar voice talking quite loudly. I looked up and walking away from me was a tall man with black hair dressed in a 60's era orderly uniform, white shirt, black belt, white pants, black shoes.I was confused and immediately thought I was dreaming. But then I became aware of the situation( that's the only way I can put a descriptive label on to emotion) Here's the the thing I can remember the entire event, vividly. I can't remember my dreams for longer then a few hours regardless of how many times I try to keep it fresh. Also when I looked down the hall it appeared as if it was day time which confused me further. Finally everything was vibrating i mean everything not like an earthquake but like mild image distortion, kind of like the movie the Ring except not as dramatic. I even felt like i was vibrating and when I looked at my hand it appeared like it was distorted. I closed my eyes and gave myself a quick wtf? Shook my head opened my eyes and life was normal. I can even remember the feeling of vibrating... this is the most vivid dream ever if it was a dream. After reading the time slip piece I was taken by how it was similar to my exp, sorta.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
great thread, but nothing new to me but keep up the good work informing others.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hello everyone! Thanks once again for getting a thread of mine featured. I appreciate your interest in the topics that I post.

I will be posting more and more topics relating to the paranormal and unexplained, as these are the things that I find the most interesting, as does the rest of the ATS community.

Lately, there has been a dramatic increase of threads that relate to doom and gloom. I like my d+g just as much as the next guy, but sometimes it is good to have a breath of fresh air.

I will be posting articles similar to what I have posted here. These types of posts are likely to become my signature posts here on ATS, so keep your eyes open for them.

Sometimes I may add input, other times I may not, it is all dependent on the content that I choose to post.
Never will I claim ownership over the content that I post, unless it is a rant or personal opinion thread.

I do not take kindly to trolls. Trolls will be dealt with in a fashion that is well within ATS guidelines.

As for responding to your responses - that can be quite difficult. Due to the fact that there are so many of you, I cannot respond to everyone. If you need to contact me, or if you have any questions regarding anything that I post here on ATS, you may send me a private message. This will increase your chances of getting a response.

Once again, thanks for your interest in my threads. I like to provoke good discussion, and it seems that I have accomplished just that in my last two threads.

Probe

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

oohh good post...those geists u talk about i see them all the time in my house...i dont actually see them i have good corner vision i can be lookin straight and see things to my sides with ease but everytime i see a shadow figure i look and nothin is there so when im in my house late at night i always try to view the side trying to see something

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
FLIMMERN-GEISTS;

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye

I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I...Have become comfortably numb

_____________Waters, Gilmour–Pink Floyd