It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe Creation is factually accurate – The Reality!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Nice try but those images represent an idea that not all atheists have to believe in. Also it isn't a replacment for god. I don't think they are praying to the life size dolls of humanoids at a museum, at least I hope not.

I don't think they would need to pray to them - it is simply that more and more people are abandoning theism and searching for truth in secular sources, ie. replacing God with theories compatible with atheism, and probably more accurately anti-theism (atheism is simply lack of belief in any divine being/s, anti-theism is a belief in and of itself that theism is intrinsically false. I personally know many atheists, many who are simply because they don't know what to think about the possible presence of a god or gods, but comparatively fewer anti-theists, who dismiss the whole concept as nonsense).
So yes, in my opinion many anti-theists have 'replaced' the concept of God/theism with human philosophy which reasons that belief in a deity or deities is delusional, and I've noticed that some who attack theism think of themselves of being 'wise' and rational, and see theists as delusional 'fools'.
Just my thoughts

edit on 9/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I did say that both religion and science have their dogma and they both like to come off as "knowledgable", earlier in the thread. Their respective followers (including me) often accept certain things on faith. Many theists like to say that science is the new religion. The religion of the atheists replacing god with the graph of the evolution from monkey to man.

Funny. I've often said that science is the religion for people who aren't suckered in by religion. That is to say that both systems tend to limit peoples conceptions of what is truly deeper reality for the purposes of control.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
I think the problem is more one of language and concept. As the anthropomorphized being that "God" has become in the ideology of Christianity, I could understand people's problem with the idea that there was something in the nothing and where did that something come from. Void implies nothingness and from out of the void sprung creation. But consciousness needs no form just awareness. Probably closer to the Truth is that "God"/the Creator was a seed of energy (like a nucleus) energy that attained consciousness. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it just changes form. That is why it is said that "God" is omnipresent, because the energy that is the Creator split itself in order to "create" form, or rather, trans-form. The energy that is the Creator is present in Galaxies and is present in our very cells, is our very cells. Thus the esoteric maxim, "As above, So below". I agree that God just was. I don't agree with Christianities limited definition of God. Thus, in the purest sense, all of us, all of everything is God. But there is only one Creator. The many and the one.
edit on 8-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

I think that this is rational, and pretty much perfectly compatible with biblical Christianity

I would say though that we are all 'part of God' only in the sense that we are composed of a definable amount of his essence/energy ('dynamic energy' as spoken of in scripture, as E=MC2, ie. mass=energy). So in my opinion I would say that rather than being part of 'God', we are of a finite amount of God's essence. As a being, God is infinite, and is not subject to the limitations of his creation.
But yes, in my opinion it's just a matter of language & concept

edit on 9/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

So in my opinion I would say that rather than being part of 'God', we are of a finite amount of God's essence. As a being, God is infinite, and is not subject to the limitations of his creation.

That's just splitting hairs, but is actually probably a more accurate way to express it.

BTW, I grew up in a Pentecostal Methodist church with an Assemblies of God youth pastor. I've got a pretty good handle on biblical Christianity. I just diverged at some point into a broader understanding than that in which I was steeped as a boy.
edit on 9-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: spelling, last paragraph

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Originally posted by Quickfix
No, I don’t agree that it is accurate, the Bible has been tampered with, it is not accurate anymore, the Illuminati have had their hands on it for over 1,000 years. Their bloodline goes back to the Money Changers at the Temple…

You state this as fact. Respectfully, just how much solid evidence is available to support these Illuminati claims? How do you know that the original message of the books present in the Bible has been lost? I personally haven't seen anything that proves these theories.

Also like you said some books were left out, so how can a book with missing pieces be accurate?

The pieces left out were left out for a reason…not because they aren’t authentic; Carbon Testing of the Scrolls was accurate. Not Surprising since that form of testing has proven accurate over and over again.

I personally think that age is not the only neccessary indication of authenticity, and they were left out because they were not entirely consistent with the rest of the Bible. If this is true, then I think that they were either not divinely inspired, or had been corrupted - either way, they would not have been appropriate for inclusion. That is only my opinion though, and I don't really know as much about the apocrypha as I should

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
That's just splitting hairs, but is actually probably a more accurate way to express it.

Thank you, I think we both have a very similar interpretation of it, just with slightly different wording

edit on 9/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: spelling fix

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Nice post and thread edmc^2, starred and flagged

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

To my way of thinking the bible is a historical reference at best. It is quite stilted and doesn't answer questions. But it sure is a great piece of propaganda.

Essentially those who wrote the various parts, were either witnesses or repeating old stories and myths, and had the facility to write.

If the bible were the word of god, then it would have been written in a universal language that every human being could read. God would have installed in each humans DNA the ability to read his language and thus his words. Instead there are literally hundreds of versions of the bible, many of them saying quite different things. Even if someone translates from the original the meanings can be taken in several ways. There is no consensus of fact. Thus the bible is not the word of god but merely myth and legend.

But believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want. I won't bother you further, thank you for doing the same for me.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Bible is incomplete and it's a lot of information than anyone can imagine. If people like some of you guys believe so much that it's someone or something created this all things from the beginning, how come we can't see or even talk to this person or a thing? Is it because we need some requirements to see this so-called creator? Then that leads down to religion of whatever you believe, for example Christianity. Most probably see me as an atheist and was considered to be Catholic. However, I see myself stepping back and try looking at the whole big picture here and what's missing in this picture. Perhaps the missing pieces of this puzzle, if you will. You can't just lay down the facts based on theories and other things that are written down such as the Bible. Sure, it has a lot of "divine" things written but how would you know for sure it's written by the divine of holiness? For all I know, the Bible you guys read is probably controlled information from different people who dared to write down from the original Bible and rewrite some of the words to twist it around, ever thought about that?

To be honest, this is why I dislike the idea of creationism. Creationist tend to convince people like me that things are created by a supernatural being. I don't think plants are created by supernatural being. It grows with a clear scientific explanation as to how and why it grows. Basically water and sun, but then are you going to tell me that water and sun is some of the things that's been created by an all supernatural being as well? No, I don't think so. The sun is a star and the water is formed in h20, like it was supposed to be explained in complete sane of way to give evidence on how water was made. My point is not because things made scientifically, instead not everything you think is created by some supernatural creator.

Creationists have no proof and will have no proof whatsoever. There's no evidence that a creator created these things by some awesome power that will rock our socks off. Otherwise, we'd see some aliens right now and we'd be living in an era similar to Star Trek or Star Wars but I guess that won't happen for a very long time. Religion and science don't go well together like oil and water. Just like creationism and science as well.

I respect religious people and their ideas and beliefs but to be dead honest, I think creationists and their idea of creationism is out of proportions but whatever floats your boat, is all good, right?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just one quick question, and i dont mean to sound ignorant, but if a divine being created all life......what created that divine being?

Whats was the very first thing in existance? How did it come to exist?

My feelings so far are that ill never know in my lifetime, and the way to gain this info is through science.....pure science.

Please try to answer my very difficult question

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardbeatAcolyte
reply to post by Quickfix

No, I don’t agree that it is accurate, the Bible has been tampered with, it is not accurate anymore, the Illuminati have had their hands on it for over 1,000 years. Their bloodline goes back to the Money Changers at the Temple…

You state this as fact. Respectfully, just how much solid evidence is available to support these Illuminati claims? How do you know that the original message of the books present in the Bible has been lost? I personally haven't seen anything that proves these theories.

Also like you said some books were left out, so how can a book with missing pieces be accurate?

The pieces left out were left out for a reason…not because they aren’t authentic; Carbon Testing of the Scrolls was accurate. Not Surprising since that form of testing has proven accurate over and over again.

I personally think that age is not the only neccessary indication of authenticity, and they were left out because they were not entirely consistent with the rest of the Bible. If this is true, then I think that they were either not divinely inspired, or had been corrupted - either way, they would not have been appropriate for inclusion. That is only my opinion though, and I don't really know as much about the apocrypha as I should

There is a ton of evidence supporting the Illuminati are the people that control the creation and issuance of money.

And Money controls the people..

The Bible works fine, it does what it is meant to, distract people and keep them under control.

So, even when books found and they are as old as the same time era with tested carbon dating, going back to the same time period you still think it isn't accurate... Radio Carbon Dating does not lie. The books left out were inconsistent, because they contradict the foundation of the Bible and what is it meant for...control

Jesus was a man that found out what was going on at the Temple and of course got upset and they silenced him...he was a wiseman, not a divine deity..

Why do you think In God we Trust is on money? It is because God is the sun for without it there would be no life. The Illuminati worship the sun, the law of fives, and Baal.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why do you think it wouldn't be divinely inspired? If all the books like people say are "divinely inspired" what makes the book of Thomas any different? Just because it wasn't put in the bible and it doesn't mean it should be left out..because it is "inaccurate" like you've said...need I remind you Thomas was a Disciple for Jesus..it should of been added when found, not discredited..

www.stillnessspeaks.com...

There is a ton of evidence supporting control over people and the manipulation of money to control said people..

Here are a few links for you to browse through until I have more time tonight to add more.

The Vatican Secret Library

en.wikipedia.org...

The Vatican and Galileo

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Rothschilds change their name

hubpages.com...

Some History of the Rothschilds Banking Family

www.iamthewitness.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.iamthewitness.com...

Thread on history links included

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rosicrucianism

en.wikipedia.org...

The Georgian Guide Stones related to the Rosicrucianism

en.wikipedia.org...

The Money Changers at the temple and in the Bible

www.reformation.org...

www.hollings.net...

Video on the Money Changers www.youtube.com...

Video on Religion www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

That should be enough to get you started.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by Quickfix because: Grammer and spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I hope this helps...

Since God, by definition, is the creator of the whole universe, he is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created, so has no beginning in time God is the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15). Therefore He doesn't have a cause.

The Bible informs us that time is a dimension that God created, into which man was subjected. It even tells us that one day time will no longer exist. That will be called “eternity.” God Himself dwells outside of the dimension He created (2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 1:2). He dwells in eternity and is not subject to time. God spoke history before it came into being. He can move through time as a man flips through a history book.

Because we live in the dimension of time, it is impossible for us to fully understand anything that does not have a beginning and an end. Simply accept that fact, and believe the concept of God's eternal nature the same way you believe the concept of space having no beginning and end—by faith—even though such thoughts put a strain on our distinctly insufficient cerebrum.

We conceive of God only under the finite fashion of first purposing and then acting, of first promising or threatening and then fulfilling his word, and so on. This is not strictly correct, for He who inhabits eternity infinitely transcends our understanding (Isaiah 57:15). His eternity, therefore, implies his immensity and infinity, his altogether different nature from us.

But only God has this attribute of eternality in the sense defined above. "He who alone hath immortality." He had no beginning and will have no end. "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even FROM EVERLASTING TO EVERLASTING, thou art God" (Psalms 90:2). This could be legitimately said to no-one else, except the Triune God.

God is eternal: biblical references

Deuteronomy 33:27; Rom.1:20; Eph.3:11; 1 Tim.1:17; Tit.1:2; Heb.9:12; Heb.9:14; 1 Jn.1:2; 1 Jn.5:20; Isa.57:15; Ps.41:13; 90:2; 93:2; 100:5; 103:17; 105:10; 106:48; 145:13; Jer.10:10; Dan.4:3,34; 7:14,27; Mic.5:2; Hab.1:12; Rev.1:18; Heb.1:18; Prov.8:23; Isa.9:6; 26:4; Ezek.16:60; 37:26; Isa.40:28.

Eternity is appropriate only for God!

www.youtube.com...

HUBBLE IMAGES and GOD

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's Holographic...It's that simple!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The Genesis account of creation is factual??? Not a chance. Firstly there are two different accounts which contradict each other at every turn, and then you have the plain ignorance of the writer - God creating night and day before he created the Sun etc..... please, if you want to talk to other Christians about how great your God is and how the bible is Gods word and how it is factually accurate then sign up to a Christian forum where everyone will agree with your IMO erroneous belief and not to one where the majority of members are open-minded,intelligent and knowledable about these subjects and can disprove most of if not all of what you say. Faith and fact are two very different things.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Just one quick question, and i dont mean to sound ignorant, but if a divine being created all life......what created that divine being?

Whats was the very first thing in existance? How did it come to exist?

My feelings so far are that ill never know in my lifetime, and the way to gain this info is through science.....pure science.

Please try to answer my very difficult question

Well first the rules of "The beginning and the End" applies to only our reality...we really don't know what's outside our reality. Try this : Do Mario in the videogame know that he is in a video game or even if he knows do he know anything about us...Whatever rules applies for Mario do not apply to us

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by randyvs

No I'll believe the truth it's just that you haven't shown it to me yet. I mean the real truth here not something just to fill the void of our ignorance.

But see partner. That's the thing about all of this. The fascination I had with this book, The Bible, that came to us from deep in the past and fortells the future ? Some argue it dosn't, but I'm not a stupid man. So why would I say it does?
To look like a fool? There are prophecies and they are happening now. Time is running out. I'm not the sharpest
knife in the drawer. But you can depend on those words. Everything I do on this site is geared toward at least
changing the assinine things people are beiong taught in the universities these days. About God, Jesus Christ.
Answer me this, how does a mild mannered, human being of great teachings, (at the very least ) who was brutaliesed beyond recognition and nailed to a cross. How does he still get so much hate spit on him 2000 yr's later ?
Where's all the hate for Ghandi ? That's proof of a sinister force at work. That is creating the hate.
My point here is I never had any one show me anytrhing. The same fascination I had naturally ? If it isn't there for you ? To lead you to the truth? Then you will never believe it when it is shown to you. I was lead to it. Beckened by it. Drawn to it. They
don't teach about being beckened by something in college do they?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Alright let me say this. I believe Biblical Creation is plausible. I won't dismiss your theories because everyone has the right to do their own research and come up with their own conclusions. So let's say the universe was created by an invisible sky tyrant. Now here is my question. Why would such a powerful being demand to have his ego stroked and be worshipped by his creation? And don't give me that "Old Testament is obsolete, follow the words of Jesus" BS. Jesus said himself that he didn't come to earth to bring peace, but a sword. I will not worship an egotistical baby killer. I would rather be tormented in hell. Rewards are for the selfish.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellMartyr
Alright let me say this. I believe Biblical Creation is plausible. I won't dismiss your theories because everyone has the right to do their own research and come up with their own conclusions. So let's say the universe was created by an invisible sky tyrant. Now here is my question. Why would such a powerful being demand to have his ego stroked and be worshipped by his creation? And don't give me that "Old Testament is obsolete, follow the words of Jesus" BS. Jesus said himself that he didn't come to earth to bring peace, but a sword. I will not worship an egotistical baby killer. I would rather be tormented in hell. Rewards are for the selfish.

Well I dare not judge, but it seems you will have your rather. Again, your contempt? Please it is very fascinating to me. Please, I would love to read your explaination of it. Oh and God a baby killer? Why not just call him a
pedophile too. Very curious.

edit on 9-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Still not substantiated truths just a lot of passion for what you believe is true. Nothing wrong with that but I just don't have your faith. You could say it's my loss. I'm cool with that.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Still not substantiated truths just a lot of passion for what you believe is true. Nothing wrong with that but I just don't have your faith. You could say it's my loss. I'm cool with that.

See that's exactly what I'm saying. They're not substsntiated for you. You don't even feel anything where you damn well should. Where is your thirst for the water of truth. It's been quenched by soda pop. That's it . All none believers now get called soda pop.

But you can't deny the seeds, that weren't in your mind an hour ago can you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join