It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe Creation is factually accurate – The Reality!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
So. If reality needed a creator why wouldn't your magic sky daddy?

Seems kind of selfcomforting and dishonest

What you are suggesting is that everything has a cause even God. That can't be true either.

God is the uncaused cause.or there is an infinite regression of causes.
An infinite regression of causes requires an infinite amount of time and that's impossible.
So there must be an uncaused cause somewhere.

Magic sky Daddy
This is what I never understand. Is the contempt these people have for someone the don't believe in. Do they
think this bothers the believer. All it proves is a lack of respect. Respect that Mommy and Daddy never taught them to have.
edit on 8-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Former Atheist/Evolutionist - Dr. Mark Eastman MD

After spending thousands for college, and being convinced that evolution was correct, a nurse gave Dr. Eastman a 50 cent cassette tape, by Dr. A.E. Wilder-Smith, with a Christian sermon about creation on it. Before Dr. Eastman flipped the tape to side two of the cassette he states that the foundations of $150,000 worth of public education had been destroyed. Hear the humorous and telling story of a former atheist and evolutionist and how he came to know the creator, the Lord Jesus Christ. Includes much scientific evidence about how evolution is a scientific impossibility. The Great Debate: God or Chance, Evolution Or Creation? by A. E. Wilder-Smith - www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-4-2011 by Faith2011 because: links

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Faith2011

Debate: God or Chance, Evolution Or Creation?

It's a false dichotomy. As they are commonly understood both Evolution and Creation are incorrect.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

People who believe that there is nothing to believe, Are a religion in themselves.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I didn't say there was nothing to believe. I said that both sides labored under false impressions of the Truth. There is a big difference. I posted a link to another thread earlier in this one in regards to Creation and sacred geometry. I don't claim to have all of the Truth myself but without an underlying understanding of the esoteric principles both sides miss a piece of the puzzle. The reality is that both Creationists and Evolutionists only have a piece of the puzzle and both are convinced that they've got the whole answer. In fact, though it would still not be the whole truth, if both sides were to say that creationism has part of the truth and evolutionists have part of the truth, they would both get closer to the whole Truth. Or, in practical terms, for the evolutionists to say that there is a first cause, a Creator (whether they call it God or simply first cause) and the creationists to say that the Earth wasn't literally created in 6 days and is older than 6000 yrs old--that would be huge and would get both sides closer to the Truth. But they don't. That is why they are both wrong.

edit on 8-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: spelling and clarity

edit on 8-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: more illustration

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
A huge hole in the whole religion thing is,

Radio Carbon dating...

You can go back into the bible and it says the earth was created at a certain point in time.

The time-line from the bible and the time-line for radio carbon dating don't match...

The earth is older then what it says in the bible...

So what is the real truth? Radio Carbon dating? or a faith based belief that has no standing against science...

...people will still believe they are right when in-fact science proves Christianity has many flaws in it...religion is the opiate of the masses...its for control over your mind...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
A huge hole in the whole religion thing is,

Radio Carbon dating...

You can go back into the bible and it says the earth was created at a certain point in time.

The time-line from the bible and the time-line for radio carbon dating don't match...

The earth is older then what it says in the bible...

So what is the real truth? Radio Carbon dating? or a faith based belief that has no standing against science...

...people will still believe they are right when in-fact science proves Christianity has many flaws in it...religion is the opiate of the masses...its for control over your mind...

...back..

Quickfix - I'll answer your Q if you will answer my Q in the OP:

Since the Genesis account was written some 3500 years ago (according to Biblical chronology and factual events surrounding its writing), here's the question that I want you to answer:

How did Moses, a “goat herder” (as referred to here on ATS) get the facts right? How did he knew that the universe (heavens) and the earth had a beginning whereas these amazing scientific facts were known just recently (1900s)? How could a man 3500 years ago be able say, write what science just recently discovered? Think also of the amount of time, money, knowledge and technology to conclusively show that the universe had a beginning. Yet a “goat herder” knew the facts! How was it possible?

Thx,
edmc2

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

That's the flaw in your logic. The reason Moses would think in terms of beginnings and ends is because all humans think in those terms. All stories start out laying down the groundwork for the story to unfold. There's nothing extraordinary about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

How did Moses, a “goat herder” (as referred to here on ATS) get the facts right? How did he knew that the universe (heavens) and the earth had a beginning whereas these amazing scientific facts were known just recently (1900s)? How could a man 3500 years ago be able say, write what science just recently discovered? Think also of the amount of time, money, knowledge and technology to conclusively show that the universe had a beginning. Yet a “goat herder” knew the facts! How was it possible?

Wow! That is your argument? Easy. Moses grew up within the pharonic line in Egypt. There are some who even say that Moses was Akhenaton and that Akhenaton was an alien.

www.egypt-tehuti.org...
www.amazon.com...

I won't go that far as I don't have proof of either. However I do have proof that Moses grew up as if royalty in Egypt, and I do know that Egypt's mystery schools that he would have been a part of had access to all of that higher knowledge and more. I refer you back to the sacred geometry thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The OP shows how the Egyptians and other cultures were aware of the Flower of Life (by showing pictures of it on ancient Egyptian ruins). And my contribution later in that thread shows how the Flower of Life relates to the biblical creation story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To say he was "just a goatherder" is really disingenuous because he was also an initiate of the Egyptian mystery schools. So if he was "just a goatherder" he was a very esoterically trained and educated goatherder.

Exodus 1:22-2:10, this Pharaoh gave the command that every son who was born of the Hebrews should be cast into the river. So fearing the child's life, the mother of Moses hid him in a basket in the reeds along the bank of the Nile. While Pharaoh's daughter was walking along the riverside she found him and raised him as her son.

So, I'll ask a question of my own. How exactly does that make him a simple goatherder?

edit on 8-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: adding links, spelling, bible quote

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Good job OP, I agree 100%.

This

Atheism is simply make believe for adults.

Also I find this scripture fascinating, it almost predicts atheism and the theory of evolution around 2000 years ago.

Romans 1: 18-23

18For God's [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative.
19For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.
20For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification],
21Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.
22Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves]. 23And by them the glory and majesty and excellence of the immortal God were exchanged for and represented by images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.

I believe these verses are put there, to combat the Atheism and evolutionary idea's that God could see coming in the future.

I expect atheists to hate them, but then again sometimes the truth does hurt.
But the rebuking doesn't come from believers, it comes from God himself.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

It looks as if the people above me answered your question.

It's not that I don't believe there was a creator, i just believe he was an alien, it makes the most sense...

Hue-mans also couldn't have built the pyramids, even with today's technology it is an impossibility. So it leaves only one possibility...

Elementary dear Watson...Moses had help, but its not as divine as it is portrayed....it may have seemed divine to Hue-mans back then, but take some of the things we have now and put it in the world way back then and it would seem divine as well...

You still haven't looked into the Book of Thomas or the Dead Sea's Scrolls have you?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I don't hate scripture so it dosen't hurt me one bit. If you read it again you will see that it actually says that man starts to replace god with others. I believe atheists for the most part don't replace god with "images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles." I don't really see it as foretelling atheists, pagans and the like maybe.
edit on 8-4-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Thanks for clarifying!

Here's a good site for correlating The Bible and Geology-

www.kjvbible.org...

Rightly-Dividing Geology and the Book of Genesis Beyond
the "Gap Theory" of Creationism

If you or someone you know are confused by claims that the earth is only 6,000 years old, then you have come to the right website. Many people think the six creation days in Genesis are a description of the Earth's geologic history. They are not! The geologic record shows that the Earth existed long before the six days and long before Adam. There is a time-gap between the first two verses of Genesis.

On this website you will learn about a controversial, lesser known literal interpretation of the Genesis narrative that does not contradict the scientific evidence for an Old Earth. Commonly called the "Gap Theory" or Ruin-Reconstruction interpretation, it is a theological interpretation much older than Darwin's Theory of Evolution. It is based on the Scriptural fact that in the second verse of Genesis, the Holy Bible simply and clearly states that the planet Earth was already here (but in a ruined state) before the Divine process described in those six days even begins. Understanding this Biblical mystery begins with the precise wording of this New Testament cross-reference:

"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."
(2 Pet 3:5-7 KJV)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Think about this possibility.
All so called scripture is a lie.
Why do Christians believe in superstition? Or Muslims for that matter? Better yet, how did it ever transpire that anyone's personal beliefs become a public matter?
YOU BOUGHT INTO THE LIE. The big lie.
First, we must face the fact that people are indeed superstitious. Second, we must face the fact that there are people that will exploit the fact that most people are indeed superstitious.
So, "scripture" is invented. "Prophecy" is invented. The superstitious love this #, which means, MOST of us love this #, and the hook is set, and the fish is caught.
So, who is responsible for giving us religion?
There is your problem matey.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I believe atheists for the most part don't replace god with "images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.

Yes but they replace it with an ideology represented by these types of images

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6908e0889f7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Nice try but those images represent an idea that not all atheists have to believe in. Also it isn't a replacment for god. I don't think they are praying to the life size dolls of humanoids at a museum, at least I hope not.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by edmc^2

That's the flaw in your logic. The reason Moses would think in terms of beginnings and ends is because all humans think in those terms. All stories start out laying down the groundwork for the story to unfold. There's nothing extraordinary about it.

So are you agreeing then that Moses got it right, right? If so then what he wrote about the earth and the universe having a beginning is 100% accurate correct. Now what about the rest of his writings - let's say the first Chapter of Genesis - are all of them correct too?

What say you?

ty,
edmc2

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

No I'm not agreeing Moses got it right because we are not even sure if the big bang is right. All I said was that starting from nothing is the way many story tellers would start their story. And many have. It's called "creatio ex nihilo".

There are more than a few creation myths that have the start from nothing part at the beginning. If that is all it takes to be true then there are many truths and as coyotepoet pointed out you don't really have the truth market cornered.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by edmc^2

It looks as if the people above me answered your question.

It's not that I don't believe there was a creator, i just believe he was an alien, it makes the most sense...

Hue-mans also couldn't have built the pyramids, even with today's technology it is an impossibility. So it leaves only one possibility...

Elementary dear Watson...Moses had help, but its not as divine as it is portrayed....it may have seemed divine to Hue-mans back then, but take some of the things we have now and put it in the world way back then and it would seem divine as well...

You still haven't looked into the Book of Thomas or the Dead Sea's Scrolls have you?

OK - I got what your saying - that Moses was visited by an alien and gave him the information he wrote in the Bible. Which part of his writings do you think is of alien origin?

But do you agree though that what he wrote was accurate?

As for the Apocryphal books - I've studied some of them and they are not of the same calibre and authenticity as the Bible, that's why they are not part of the Bible canon.

Notice just one out many apocryphal books:
The Jerusalem Bible says concerning Second Maccabees: “The style is that of hellenistic writers, though not of the best: at times it is turgid, frequently pompous.”

ty,
edmc2

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Ah, yes. Another God promotion from the indefatigable edmc^2, who will babble and ramble, distort logic and commonsense to the point of unrecognizability, and contemptuously ignore questions and criticisms in order to peddle his favourite line of tosh.

Guess what? I’m not playing this time.

And frankly, my sensible friends, neither should you. I say we stop feeding this creationist’s habit.

I bet you a dollar to a donut , you did not even read what the op posted,what's wrong ,afraid you might learn something,have to admit something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join