It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Cessation Thread.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hey look who showed up. World meet The Misses. Guess who else showed up this week? Mr. Cravings. Not because I went off the patch, Freespirit had the same problem and she's still on them. Our resident Hillbilly Biker assured me that it would only last a few days. Damn, another call. Can't wait for this shift to end. Later.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hey look who showed up. World meet The Misses. Guess who else showed up this week? Mr. Cravings. Not because I went off the patch, Freespirit had the same problem and she's still on them. Our resident Hillbilly Biker assured me that it would only last a few days. Damn, another call. Can't wait for this shift to end. Later.

Freespirit is your wife? She has my sympothy......LOL J/K

Yall hang in there it will go away in a couple days.

I dont understand why they come back after about a month but for me this part was by FAR harder than quiting to begin with.

Anybody out there know why it does this?

Maybe the last of the nicotene leaving your system

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hi guys, still lurking and got a few things to report.

Thank god I didn't do it yet cause "Charley" would have done me in anyway. Got away unscathed except for 48 hours of no power and MY MIND IS SCRAMBLED still.

AMUK, I did read something about how the body can detox off the nicotine in 3 days but the brain takes longer to learn how to process without it. Something about 2 weeks to 2 months if I recall.

I suspect what you are talking about has to do with the brain chemicals readjusting. Or is it what they taught us in the 70's about '___' and always being subject to flashbacks. Could nicotine do the same thing?

Okay, only kidding, but if I'm wrong someone please warn me.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Well I think everyone that has stopped smoking and/or is planning to stop should be very proud of themselves,it's a big step just thinking about it. Ya I'm patting myself on the back here because honesty I never thought I could do it. But I guess when you are ready you are ready as I'm sure most of you will agree.Thanks for the symothies Amuk,I need them.
Just remember one day at a time and sometimes you can only go one hour at a time.Good luck to all.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit
Thanks for the symothies Amuk,I need them.

Getting dissed by my wife in MY thread, I think I'll have a smoke.
I should have posted earlier, the cravings are gone. So, hopefully that is it. Nicotine free for 2 weeks tomorrow, smokefree 1 month next week. C'mon gang, jump in, it can be done. We're here to help along the way.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ONE MONTH. Feeling really good. Only one drawback, gained about 15 pounds. I'll take care of that next.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Okay it's been a month and I feel good......except that I gained about 20 pounds not good, I found weight that I don"t want so now thats my next job I guess.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Intrepid and Freespirit

May I suggest Martial arts?

Its a great workout and I know I miss it very much, you get hooked.

It really good for us older people as it helps limber you up and is kinda like low impact arobics

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've studied Karate before, don't know if this ancient frame could take it now.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh and congrats on the one month things should be down hill from here

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Oooo Copngrats! And yes, karate is very fun and very addicting.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Martial arts is a good idea, it's something to think about once the kids get back to school. When will the cravings go away????????
:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I want a smoke so bad.......At least I think I do, but really I don't....or do I.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I really wish that this craving would go away.....I WANT A SMOKE

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit
I really wish that this craving would go away.....I WANT A SMOKE

Have you backslid?

The reason I asked is usually the cravings have gone away by now UNLESS you have "sneaked" a couple.

I am not saying you have just asking.

Or maybe you work around smokers?

Or have you been under a lot of stress?

Either way just hang in there it does go away after a while.

A year from now you wont be able to stand the smell.

Good luck

[Edited on 9-9-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

No I haven't even had a puff. As for stress well....I am married to intrepid plus we have three children and they are ther fathers children and yes most of my co-workers are smokers.
Most of the time I don't really want one, it's just a learned response to stress.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't know why but for some reason I really wanted a smoke today.
no, I didn't have one, but the cravings have been really strong today,o well,

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well its been two months and the cravings have finally gone away. Most of the time I don't even think about cigs anymore.I feel good....like I knew I would.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Funny thing happened yesterday too. I was leaning, hand against the wall, talking, I looked over and something looked strange. It took a few seconds to figure out what it was. The tobacco stains were gone from my fingers. Funny, huh?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
In a year you will barely be able to go into a smokers house it will stink soooooo bad

Congrats to the both of you I think yall have made it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join