It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When 2012 comes, you won't survive.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

the calendar ends dec 2012 that much is true..for the end of the world to happen on that date is highly unlikely ..iv'e researched this area for a while.. the calendar is base on (in short) on time (longtime) a sort of mapping of "time" it self...the Maya well understood a linear (past-present-future) conception of time.if they were still around today im guessing that calendar would have been updated a few thousands years way past 2012 by nobody can predict when the world will end ..it could happen now or in a million years from now..there...thats my prediction lol..on a more intriguing note, the knowledge they held was truly astonishing

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

In the event of worldwide catastrophe as depicted in the movie, and believed by many the only survivors in my opinion will be those of sheer luck. No amount of preparation will do you any good. The only ones who survive would be ones who just luckily happened to be in a place that wasn't as harshly affected.

Agreed.

The wealthy may be able to escape through access to resources to enable escape, that the majority of us just don't or won't have.

In my limited knowledge on the subject of total worldwide disaster, EQ, Tsunamis, impacts, etc...there would be only *two* areas that might permit survival, or at least a greater chance of it.

I reckon they would be up in the atmosphere, such as a helium/hot air balloon (an aircraft may be ok if the disaster was widespread, but *very* short lived) as it could stay aloft for extended periods of time...would escape the geological forces and tidal wave floods, although the wind may get *very* rough and wild (still better than being on the ground though).

The other place for relative safety would be *under* the seas.

Using a sub, deep down in the sea, you'd escape most of the tidal waves and EQ effects.

Or of course in orbit...but that's beyond the pockets of all but the filthy rich and influential.

I agree that underground bases, even with anti-EQ building techniques would be crushed like matchsticks if the Earth decided to move in it's direction...even the best anti-EQ building technology and materials would not withstand such forces (millions of tonnes) and immediately crush.

Again, a tsunami or mega tidal wave flood, would either crush the base due to pressure changes, or entomb the base.

In the air (or orbit) or deep under the sea are the only places i think we might stand a chance in a 2012 movie type scenario.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isildur1
The world was supposed to have ended a hundred times by now from various "predictions" and doomsday theories. I Believe none of it. I will not waste my time preparing for an event which will not occur in my lifetime, and go on with my day to day activities like normal.
Its going to be hilarious in 2013 when all the 2012 believers will have their tails between their legs and hiding in a corner.

if only it was a matter of who is right or who is wrong..

very childish comment of ya

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
2012 is just another date.

We don't know what will happen, or when.

So just carry on and ignore what others say - they know as much as you.

And that is nothing.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just like all the "end of the world" or "end of the world predictions" nothing is foing to happen. This date will come and go and a new date will come along and the same people will believe that one too

You have to remember that people are making alot of money from this. Be it books, documenteries or movies. There is plenty of money to be made as long as the gullible believe this rubbish.

We just have to face the fact that the world is a bad place. Sure, it has beauty and good people, but there are also nasty, horrible people. We look to something divine or supernatural to help us, but it is not going to happen.

There is a danger in believing that something great is going to happen on this date, esp if you put all your faith into it, and when it comes and goes, i can see alot of people being very depressed.

There is also a danger in believing that on this date, the world is going to end. I have read about people how are basically shi**ing themselves because of this date.

The way i see it is, if it happens it happens, and i will believe it when i see it, even if it means the end of the world. But i am 100% sure that this date will come and go, and life will go on.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
In my limited knowledge on the subject of total worldwide disaster, EQ, Tsunamis, impacts, etc...there would be only *two* areas that might permit survival, or at least a greater chance of it.

I reckon they would be up in the atmosphere, such as a helium/hot air balloon (an aircraft may be ok if the disaster was widespread, but *very* short lived) as it could stay aloft for extended periods of time...would escape the geological forces and tidal wave floods, although the wind may get *very* rough and wild (still better than being on the ground though).

But what if the disaster was from the sun like many people believe, it could be a coronal mass ejection on a scale never witnessed(by modern humans) that basically just scorches the planet?

The other place for relative safety would be *under* the seas.

Using a sub, deep down in the sea, you'd escape most of the tidal waves and EQ effects.

How long could you survive in a sub waiting for nuclear fallout to subside? Or could the sub withstand shock waves? for example mines themselves don't destroy subs its the pressure wave that does, so how about pressure waves from things like meteorites?

You'd still be taking a gamble with those options unless you knew for sure what types of disasters are going to occur and nobody seem to agree on what they will be.

I guess spiritual people like myself see end times scenarios like 2012 in a different light, the end of one incarnation is no big deal, everything in nature is cyclical, if the divine plan is for the old to die and for the new to be born and start sprouting on earth then so be it, I don't plan on fighting the will of God. It would be silly to waste time fearing what may or may not come, rather just relax and enjoy life.

edit on 8-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: typos

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

“For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low ... And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he arises to shake terribly the earth.” • Isaiah 2:12, 19

“And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in [into] the dens [caves] and in [into] the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, ‘Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?’” • Revelation 6:14–17

I once heard a comedian joke about Satan. He said something like... What is the deal with this devil? Here he is the cherubim hovering over the throne of the Guy who made everything.... feeds all of us.... and this Satan dude says, "Hey, I think I can take this guy."

The point being.... from the beginning those who wage war against Yahweh have always believed that they could "win". They also believe that they can hide in bunkers, caves, etc....

The nations were angry, and your wrath came, as did the time for the dead to be judged, and to give your bondservants the prophets, their reward, as well as to the saints, and those who fear your name, to the small and the great; and to DESTROY THOSE WHO DESTROY THE EARTH." Revelation 11:18

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
People often tell me that they are scared or worried about 2012, and they come to me to be reassured.

The problem is: I'm almost 90% sure that something will happen around 2012.

So what do I tell them when they come to me for comfort?

I compare 2012 to Y2K.

After all, as the OP said: if all the catastrophes of 2012 occur, we wont survive. Maybe there will be a few thousand people that just happen to be at the right place at the right time, and they'll survive. But there is no way of keeping yourself alive if TSHF and your not lucky.
So why should I tell these people that I think something awful will happen in 2012? They're already scared of the possibility of something happening, so why should I encourage their fears by telling them that I believe something will happen?

If the absolute horror and destruction occurs in 2012 that we think will, then... well.... it'll happen. There is nothing we can do about it. So why worry? If anything, we should just enjoy our lives now.

Of course, I'm an extremely calm person when it comes to horror and pain. I don't know if it's because of my life experience or my faith in God. But regardless, just because thinking about 2012 doesn't scare me, doesn't mean that it doesn't scare others. So I do my best to quell the fears of others who come to me to ask about what I know regarding "The End". I just tell them not to worry and compare it to Y2K. That might be irresponsible of me, but how can I add unnecessary fear to someone's life if there is nothing they can do to prevent the inevitable?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why is everyone so hooked on 2012? I mean seriously folks get a grip, even the Mayans didn't say it was the end, just the end of the 5th age of man, they didn't actually predict anything to happen then.

They just completed their calendar got to about a 1000 years into the future and thought I cant be bothered doing any more of that. If they were so great at predictions why didn't they predict their own downfall? If they were so advanced and intelligent why were they cutting the hearts out of people to appease gods?

They NEVER predicted Nibiru, they never predicted any global destruction, they just said it was the end of the 5th age of man, but people will pray upon others fears, manipulate anything to get others to follow them, or more accurately to get money from them

Don't you find it strange that those who predict the end of the world are doing their best to make money? Why? What use is money at the end of the world? If you really believed it was the end of the world why aren't you giving all your worldly possessions away, after all what use are they to you?

This is a perfect example of what it feels like listening to people on here

Peace

edit on 9-4-2011 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Thank you! I completely agree with you on this subject... I actually can't wait to see what happens in 2012 since the Mayans never really said it was the end of the world, but the end of the world as we KNOW it! So who knows what will happen... Maybe a world wide awakening of some sort?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
2012 is just going to be another date that comes and goes

the world wont end for another 5 billion years when our star enters is red giant faze and the earth is engulfed by the sun

so in 2012 get drunk get laid and live your life like you would do any other day

Earth's fate is precarious. As a red giant, the Sun will have a maximum radius beyond the Earth's current orbit, 1 AU (1.5×1011 m), 250 times the present radius of the Sun.[92] However, by the time it is an asymptotic giant branch star, the Sun will have lost roughly 30% of its present mass due to a stellar wind, so the orbits of the planets will move outward. If it were only for this, Earth would probably be spared, but new research suggests that Earth will be swallowed by the Sun owing to tidal interactions.[92] Even if Earth would escape incineration in the Sun, still all its water will be boiled away and most of its atmosphere would escape into space. Even during its current life in the main sequence, the Sun is gradually becoming more luminous (about 10% every 1 billion years), and its surface temperature is slowly rising. The Sun used to be fainter in the past, which is possibly the reason life on Earth has only existed for about 1 billion years on land. The increase in solar temperatures is such that in about another billion years the surface of the Earth will likely become too hot for liquid water to exist, ending all terrestrial life.[92][93]

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing recently, i posted my feelings in another thread tonight. How can we assume that we ( or anyone) could survive what is (possibly) to come. We have no idea of the magnitude this thing could reach, it puts me in mind of movies 2012, day after tomorrow, armergeddon etc, where you see skyscrapers snapped like matchsticks, we would have no chance. So i have to say, when i see threads from the survival forum, i do think, why? Sorry to be so negative but im on a real downer about all this at the moment. And the non believers can say what they want, things are worryingly happening as predicted. The sceptics can say that the people of world have felt that the world would end many times before, but i wonder how many times every single part of the equation has been there, It s said in the bible, that God said he would never use water to destroy the earth again, so could the next be fire, something from the sky.
This time nearly last year, when i joined ATS i didnt think this was possible, but everyday, seeing the changes in the world, i am becoming to think more and more that this could be a reality.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
This time nearly last year, when i joined ATS i didnt think this was possible, but everyday, seeing the changes in the world, i am becoming to think more and more that this could be a reality.

The changes have always been there.Change happens, good, bad, noticed, unnoticed.Forums such as these simply focus and feed your fears (some warranted some not).

Time to take a break from ATS is how it sounds.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

But major earthquakes across entire plates due to pole shifts would surely crush or otherwise make any underground shelter a lost cause.

Pole shifts as described by Hancock have never happened. Pole shifts known to science are known as TPWs or true polar wanderings. They happen at the rate of 1 meter a year.

Waves coming inland and covering the entire US or other landmasses would, bury you under a new ocean.

Waves have been known to travel inland a long distance. Still the waves recede and no waves have ever crossed a continent such as North America.

300 foot or taller tsunami waves would destroy any boat I could think of, surely any boat known to be in existence today, regardless of the size.

A tsunami in the open ocean is not as high as it is when it nears land.

Then, what becomes of the thousands of nuclear power plants spread across the globe. In the event of mass earthquakes, land shifts, tsunamis, and other destruction, would these facilities not release tons of radiation into the water and atmosphere? If so, and by some chance you did survive the initial destruction, how long would fallout last from 1000's of nuclear plants?

If there were an event that destroyed every plant across the entire globe, do you really think any life actually survived the event?

The claims of 2012 are implausible. They make no sense and I see this thread makes no effort to connect anything to the hoax that is called 2012.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

So you think it is childish to point our what hogwash the claims of 2012 are? Laughable.

The year 2012 is just another date of a long list of end of the world claims by phonies and frauds that steal money from those that are inclined to be conned.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

So just carry on and ignore what others say - they know as much as you.

And that is nothing.

Just because you don't know does not mean others do not know. The claims of 2012 are ludicrous at best. Claims of pole shifts, and Nibiru, and other nonsensical claims are demonstrably false.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

But what if the disaster was from the sun like many people believe, it could be a coronal mass ejection on a scale never witnessed(by modern humans) that basically just scorches the planet?

Is there any record of a solar event being destructive? Is there any evidence that solar events are tied to mass extinctions?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I recommend a game called "Toast to 2012."

The rules are simple.
1. Start the movie
2. First person to point out a knothead issue in the film gets to drink

Take the movie 2012. Here are some starts:
1. Giant cracks don't open up during earthquakes - take a drink
2.The RV gets hit by a flying chunk of molten rock and no one dies instantly - take a drink
3. No one would design a ship that can't turn on the motors while the doors are open - take a drink
4. The plane flies into a pole shift and encounters no head winds - take a drink

See how easy it is to play? First person to get drunk, fall down, and hurt themselves is the winner.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster In the event of any of these ideas becoming reality, luck is more likely to decide your fate than your stockpiled beans and underground complex.

I somewhat agree.
When the solar storms hit earth
( when not if ) and the grid goes down, I doubt that the nuclear
plants would be able to sustain their back-up systems for more
than 3 days.
Why not ? The EM waves would disable transportation,
generators, alternators, fuel pumps, computers . . . back-up
systems would eventually fail at the nuclear plants just as
they did in Japan.
Solar storms have the capability to shut down the grid for months.
In that case there would be nothing left to return to.
(the meek will rule)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Well -- it is all about you.

Sorry guy, but I have a wife and kids, whom I am responsible for. I don't get to be glib about "the end of the world" while feigning false drama.

You're bored. You're tired? Are you serious?

We live in a serious world, full of serious problems, and those problems aren't going to get fixed by people whose concept of participation is sitting in the bleachers, where nothing substantial is risked, and actually cheering for the death of the world.

I wish the quantum apocalypse for you brother. May you get the big finish you deserve.

I am watching this show right now. It is vintage tabloid tv-docudrama. The thing is -- they are partially right. We all need to grow the hell up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join