It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open discussion on implementing martial law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I dont have any links to give or any fancy videos to post just ideas opinions and hopefully a lot of feed back (good or bad).

Im just so tired of our government and i am really at wits end.
With all the ideas flying around about how we can do this or do that or not do these things to change our society an intersting(and previously unheard/thought of idea came to mind)
What if "We the people" proposed to our military a coup of sorts...here me out...

Almost everyone here (ATS) and even those i speak to who dont even know about this site, feel that a time has come for drastic measures, i myself have put forth an idea for constsutional convention, others have stated that nothing short of armed revolution will suffice and then there are all the other ideas floating around as well.

What if there was a way to fight fire with fire without burning up everything?

Would it be possible/plausable to ask our military to remove the corruption and decay from our society? Seriously, why cant we turn to our families and freinds and say "ok this is what you get paid for, stop playing with other countries and help us fix ours!"
Then we could find worthy individuals from within our communities, hold emergency elections and such and definitely run a counrty without a executive office and have the congress, as a new and unified American body run the show...at least for a little while till presidential candidates are found and elections can be organized(or we can just eleminte the position all together[hes only a puppet anyways...right?])...

Obviously this raises more questions and concerns and while i have my own (as you can see below and in my signature) i want to know what yours are.
Do you think this is a plausable idea?
If so how could we succesfully achieve it?
If not, Why?
Thank you for your time

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The top of our military is a part of that corruption and decay if that hasn't been noticeable for you just yet.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

I can sympathize, and I have a feeling there will be some issues if we have a government shutdown (they've been saying no pay for the military but the bureaucrats screwing around would still get paid).

Just be aware this thread may get shutdown by the mods. You're pretty close on some of the T&C statements.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
The top of our military is a part of that corruption and decay if that hasn't been noticeable for you just yet.

Ok soo, instead of having to deal with a bunch of incompetant and crooked politicians we could deal directly with those military leaders, and rather than having the politicains declare martial law on us maybe we could have our military and a smaller capacity just.. remove them from power.
Obviously i have concidered the implications before posting this idea but it makes sense.

Look at it this way...we could have tptb declare martial law and round people, in turn starting an armed revolution...
We could rise up and try to take the power back from the crooked politicians and they could declare martial law, start rounding people up, in turn starting an armed revolution...or
We could have our military do what it is constitutionally designed to do, and if for whatever reason they dont, then we will know for sure where we all stand and there will not be a doubt in any Americans mind as to what the next step would be.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

yes it is sad what is happeing to our country...
as for the T&C i do not beleive i have violated them as i have read them several times and am "fairly" familiar with them as they are posted.
It is however thier decision to make and i hope that they would see my intent here is only to discuss the ideas i have and others have as this is obviously a prevalent issue in our society.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Okay but like the other guy was saying our top generals and the people who have serious rank are part of the scheme and our careerist. You would be basically asking the military people to do a mutiny. I mean I guess that owuld be possible but you need a large contingent to be effective.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

In order for anything to happen, the people would have to be VERY angry and the military would have to be on their side (which means their anger would have to express itself in non-violent protest). That's part of the reason the uprising in Egypt was so sticky: the military wasn't taking sides, so neither side really knew how to move forward.

I don't think the people are quite to that point yet (food and gas prices aren't high enough), but we also have elements (directed by others and operating independently) that would probably go straight to violence/looting to express their discontent. That, of course, allows the government (federal and state) to activate troops, pitting them against the people.

So, unless the military is on the side of the people BEFORE any unrest kicks off, I don't see a good ending to that unrest. It's a delicate balance right now, but slowly tipping.

It remains to be seen which way, however.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Well i wouldnt concider it mutiny, all these politicians have comiited crimes and constitutional violations which...if it were any of us we would be in jail.
So the military has an oath and i am guessing that ALL members have at one point taken that oath..
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Now what happens when that enemy (who has also taken that oath) turns out to be the president? (not a birther remark) Does this oath pretty much put to rest the validity of the constitution?
and if not then why cant they do something about it without it being concidered "mutiny"?

Yes i think it would take the whole country to make it happen
i dont think it would happen and im not necessarily making a push for it but i have questions.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

i think the protests in Egypt turned out pretty good, mostly because the military didnt get involved in picking sides. Granted they have stumbled a bit since but i think that is an eventuality in any case.

You also have to keep in mind that our military is made up of our families and freinds, even the generals, Admirals and high ranking officers are affected by the travesty of what is going on in our politics.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just thought i would say i am a little upset that this was moved into an obscure thread no one will look into Seeing as how it was not a rant at all but a series of questions and an intent to make a discussion it would be appreciated if any staff could put this back into the original forum which it was posted in (U.S. Political Madness)
Thank you

top topics

join