It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens found in released FBI docs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Holy #! Not what I expected to read when I came online. Again: holy #!

Maybe they're not aliens... maybe they're humans - from the FUTURE!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
this document was already released in 2005 ?!?

www.puppstheories.com...

scroll down when you open the link
edit on 11/4/2011 by rai76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76

No, it was already released in the 1970s.

(It's been on the FBI website for over a decade, as I mentioned above).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

So does the FBI keep every letter that ever gets sent to them? If not then they must have found some significance to this.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There is an article on this today on the CBS News website and I think the FBI's response to this is very telling. In today's article, the FBI basically said they just took in the report and didn't follow up on it. Thats an odd response because if UFOs and aliens are nothing but fantasy and fiction their response should have been different. They should have just said its ridiculous and there are no such thing as UFOs. For the past 20 years or so the government has had an odd response to UFO investigations. They don't seem to confirm or deny. They say nothing and thats telling. Sometimes silence speaks volumes.

Here we have an Air Force investigator in 1950 saying that flying saucers with 3 foot aliens in metallic cloth suits were recovered. Hard to see a man of his qualifications come to that kind of conclusion without some evidence. and then today the FBI doesn't deny that its real, the just didn't follow up on it.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 11-4-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by rai76

No, it was already released in the 1970s.

(It's been on the FBI website for over a decade, as I mentioned above).

All the best,

Isaac

Did you see it on FBI site previously? Got a link?
I mean, a lot of people , including press, think this is new, but you and some one else keep posting here like there is nothing new.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercedes-Benz
Did you see it on FBI site previously?

Yes.

Got a link?

Yes.

See the thread from 2007 in which I pointed out that the story of a new release of FBI files about UFOs was mistaken (in which I posted a link to the archive of the FBI website to prove my point):

Originally posted by Diplomat
I am curious how recently these particular files were actually released, because I am pretty sure I skimmed through these exact same files awhile ago...

Quite possibly Diplomat. The same 16 PDF files have been on that website for quite a few years (since at least 1998 or so).

A useful tool to check this sort of thing is the Web Archive website at web.archive.org.

See, for example, the link below:

web.archive.org...*/www.fbi.gov...

All the best,

Isaac

I mean, a lot of people , including press, think this is new

Yes, I know. They are wrong.

They could have found this out with a couple of minutes research - but, hey, this is ufology and it is just a joke, right?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 11-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Did you see it on FBI site previously?

Yes.

Got a link?

Yes.

See the thread from 2007 in which I pointed out that the story of a new release of FBI files about UFOs was mistaken (in which I posted a link to the archive of the FBI website to prove my point):

Originally posted by Diplomat
I am curious how recently these particular files were actually released, because I am pretty sure I skimmed through these exact same files awhile ago...

Quite possibly Diplomat. The same 16 PDF files have been on that website for quite a few years (since at least 1998 or so).

A useful tool to check this sort of thing is the Web Archive website at web.archive.org.

See, for example, the link below:

web.archive.org...*/www.fbi.gov...

All the best,

Isaac

I mean, a lot of people , including press, think this is new

Yes, I know. They are wrong.

They could have found this out with a couple of minutes research - but, hey, this is ufology and it is just a joke, right?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 11-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

Thanks.

Well, may be there was different stuff, less impressive?

Those links don't work no more so i have no idea, either there was same stuff we're discussing, or not.
Still, no one, including you, never posted that Guy Hottel memo, so i assume this is new indeed.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Still, no one, including you, never posted that Guy Hottel memo, so i assume this is new indeed.

If you (or anyone else) does a search of ATS for "Guy Hottel" you'll find that quite a few people have posted the memo over the years.

Heck, there's at least one thread on ATS that is actually entitled "Guy Hottel":
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If you (or anyone else) does a search of ATS for "Guy Hottel" you'll find that quite a few people have posted the memo over the years.

Heck, there's at least one thread on ATS that is actually entitled "Guy Hottel":
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've seen 'Guy Hottel' threads, but neven seen that memo in them.
But you are right indeed, in that one you just posted there is that memo.
Well, then why do you think FBI makes this 'vault', like this is something whole new?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok here is my take on this...something is not adding up. Three years after 1947 an Air Force investigator comes to the conclusion that Flying Saucers with 3 foot aliens crashed in Roswell. In the 1990's the Air Force says it was Project Mogul. Why doesn't the 1950 document say anything about Project Mogul? The investigator for the Air Force would have known. And there are a number of reasons why the Project Mogul explanation is ridiculous anyway. The project was declassified in the 1970s yet it took 25 years after that for the government to fess up and say it was project Mogul. Also the project mogul balloons themselves were not top secret, only the mission. Mogul balloons crashed all the time and even had info on them where to return them, yet the Roswell incident was treated differently from the other mogul balloon crashes which were a part of the same project. Somehow the government managed to explain away the bodies as test dummies, but test dummies weren't used until 1953.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Well, then why do you think FBI makes this 'vault', like this is something whole new?

I've been tracking the stories for the last few days and in short:

The original stories a few days ago were largely factual, in that it was clear that the FBI had simply made a new interface ("the vault") to make it easier and faster to view documents on its websites.

(Viewing the UFO documents on the FBI website used to be a slow process).

The UFO websites picked up the story and distorted it. The main stream media then picked up the distorted stories and reported them as fact.

Today, the main stream media is beginning to catch up with the true position.

Tomorrow or next week, the UFO websites will start catching up.

Then, in another few months the process will start all over again with few people remembering the current episode (in the same way that few - if any - people remembered the thread from 2007 in relation to a similar misleading item).

So, basically it's your standard messed up nonsense that abounds within ufology.

Sigh.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I've been tracking the stories for the last few days and in short:

The original stories a few days ago were largely factual, in that it was clear that the FBI had simply made a new interface ("the vault") to make it easier and faster to view documents on its websites.

(Viewing the UFO documents on the FBI website used to be a slow process).

The UFO websites picked up the story and distorted it. The main stream media then picked up the distorted stories and reported them as fact.

Today, the main stream media is beginning to catch up with the true position.

Tomorrow or next week, the UFO websites will start catching up.

Then, in another few months the process will start all over again with few people remembering the current episode (in the same way that few - if any - people remembered the thread from 2007 in relation to a similar misleading item).

So, basically it's your standard messed up nonsense that abounds within ufology.

Sigh.

All the best,

Isaac

Dont see how it was really distorted. The document is there in black and white, clear as crystal. The FBI NEVER said the document was bogus.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

The FBI did not follow up on the UFO reports but they forwarded them to the Air Force. But this inter-department memorandum of importance was between FBI San Deigo to the Office in Washington. The FBI put this info in the memorandum because civilians even abducted didn't even know then that they were from another dimension. That is why most people that say they are from other planets are ignored by the government, because they new where they were from. And the fact that it states not to fire on them that they were friendly is something only the government knew then.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Most of these files were on the FBI's old website, they also added new ones, and the Vault is a lot easier than they old website to find and read documents online.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by karl 12

I have worked for the government and I can assure you anyone putting a Hoax in Classified Files, would be fired, and could be prosecuted. They do not Classifie just everything they get in the mail, if it is not true or they do not think is important it is not Classified. I have asked anyone that thinks this is a fake, hoax, to email the FBI, has anyone tried that yet. I love how so many people on ATS say things are fake, or hoax but fail to present any type of proof on their part, but demand proof for the other part.

FBI "Hottel Memo" Reveals UFO Hoax

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by karl 12

I have worked for the government and I can assure you anyone putting a Hoax in Classified Files, would be fired, and could be prosecuted. They do not Classifie just everything they get in the mail, if it is not true or they do not think is important it is not Classified. I have asked anyone that thinks this is a fake, hoax, to email the FBI, has anyone tried that yet. I love how so many people on ATS say things are fake, or hoax but fail to present any type of proof on their part, but demand proof for the other part.

FBI "Hottel Memo" Reveals UFO Hoax

Well, you never provided any proof that it's not fake, all you did was make a statement that anybody could make.
You worked for the government, wow that really proves a lot.

This is nothing more than a smoke screen to draw attention from the real issues of what is taking place in the middle east, Japan, the bankruptcy of America, and the fact that there's an illegal in the white house, that has an agenda to destroy the Constitution, and the Republic and turn the country into a tyrannical dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Oh, yes.
This is good find!
Wow...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Headed to lunch but will be back...

That letter includes stuff that we only recently speculated about, such as the interdimensional thingy. Also what's up with what he said about radar?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The document ain't bogus, the claims in it are. The FBI 'looked into it' because it is routine to do so. 'looking into it' can be as simple as reading the letter and throwing it at the 'crackpot' staple. Bureaucratic talk is always cryptic cause they get paid to do stuff and writing down you got a letter and finding it utter crap is less impressive then saying you received a claim of U.F.O.'s and that you looked into it but found no evidence to sustain the claim. The first statement earns you a penny while the second statement earns you ten dollars. easy as that.

Essentially speaking there is nothing really important to read there. Many just WANT to read something important.

Having said that, the response on mainstream media was more striking then the actual news. It was published on a mayor Dutch news website as a factual claim and even then many people didn't bought it. That means that even IF governments put forth such claims they will not be believed. People will only believe it in general if all news networks on TV report it continously preferable with life footage. In that sense it was simular to 9/11; most people didn't believe the news until the couldn't get around the news anymore.

Most people tend to live their dull blunted lifes and their instinct tells them to maintain that pattern as long as possible. The response here on ATS is simular in that aspect that most fanatics have as a normnal pattern that they are holy convinced that aliens are real and visiting us. Their instincts will force them to remain in that pattern until something is completly debunked. Unfortunatly it is rather difficult to debunk somethink that isn't there, the mind will make a reason to believe it IS there even thou it isn't.

Ah mind tricks, you don't need to be a Jedi, just be human and it happends automatically...on yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join