It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What proof is their that the egypt pyramids wear made by slaves?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
Whilst archeologists, scholars and those with an interest in the subject have known for a long time that slaves did not build the pyramids, a lot of people (the great unwashed, general public etc) still think the pyramids were built by slaves, they often attribute it to Hebrews slaves too - even now in 2011!

And why not?

After all, they've seen the movie (The Ten Commandments.)

Today's (Western) society is enthralled by American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. What the hell do these people care about legitimacy and fact?

Harte

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A group of Hebrews called the Hyksos came to Egypt, this is not a Biblical myth but a fact. The Hyksos settled in their own community and obeyed Egyptian laws, even living off the land, but they refused to pay taxes to Pharoah seeing as how they did not believe him to be their leader. It was a bit like the Roman Empire before the Roman Empire - remember, history repeats itself.

The Egyptians had a written language and documented everything they did. Though they were a bit biased when it came to war (and omitting they were the losers) the Egyptians never wrote, nor depicted on any walls, that slaves built the pyramids. There is no proof that slaves built the pyramids except a misinterpretation of the chores of the slaves.

Enslavement is not a new concept to history, in fact, man has been enslaving his fellow man for thousands of years. Remember, before the Hyksos, Egypt did not have an army (until they faced rebellion, interesting how history comes together). So, yes, Egypt was capable of enslavement. But what did the slaves do?

It says in the Bible the slaves mixed mud and straw in a pit for bricks. Bricks. Pyramids were not made out of bricks, they were made out of limestone. A naturally occuring element that need not be man-made. Houses were made of bricks. The slaves helped build the houses, not the pyramids.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It wasn't slaves who built the Pyramids, it was the workers who worked for the Pharaoh. For ages, people thought that the ones who built the Pyramids were slaves. Just like they thought 'Hatshepsut' was a man

Yes, and this has been known for YEARS now.
In fact, no currently working historian or archaeologist says otherwise (not that I know).
No self-respecting media would rehash that old story, either.
Clearly you need to switch to other "mainstream media", OP.

So, you original question:

You all ways seen in the main stream media, that the pyramids wear made by slaves. Is their text? Hieroglyph's?

has been answered, fully and completely.
There was no proof that the slaves built the pyramids, it had been only speculation, and now the accepted theory is they did not.

edit on 12-4-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndesirableNo1
A group of Hebrews called the Hyksos came to Egypt, this is not a Biblical myth but a fact.

No, sorry, that's not a fact, it's a myth.

But, at least, it's not an ancient myth.

More like an urban myth.

An urban fringe myth.

An urban fringe refusal to even bother to try to find out myth.

Harte

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

That's a bold assumption to say in the face of irrefutable research and no factual excerps bellow your belt by admission of your own mouth. I'd encourage you to read about the Second Intermediate Period in Egyptology. Both Egyptians and Greeks recorded the history of what you call an "urban fringe myth." Very sad to see someone say that on this site.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I don't know what type of evidence your looking for... pictures, writing, statues etc?? But we can assume that slaves built them because slavery was common in that era. We can also assume that humans built the pyramids because we can find no other explanation. Also if we look into Egyptian history we can see improvements and progression in pyramid building. This makes me believe that we taught our selves as the skill isn't suddenly learned as it would be if we received "help" from ET's. (otherwise they would be pretty stupid ET's?)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by TV_Nation
In my opinion the pyramids were not made by the Egyptians at all...
I am a believer that they more than likely were just the beneficiaries of structures that were already there and in essence they just "moved in" instead of actually creating them.

Please, then, provide your explanation for the Egyptian hieroglyphs that can be seen deep inside small crevices between huge stones in the relieving chambers over the King's chamber in the Great Pyramid.

Did the aliens paint these hieroglyphs on with red ochre while putting the pile of stones together?

Did the Egyptians, finding the great pyramid intact when they unloaded their moving vans, decide to take the top third (or so) of the pyramid apart, paint the glyphs on, and then put it all back together?

Harte

well i guess if we can see em',

someone could have put them there waaaaaaay after the blocks were put in place.

i saw hawass say that on an NG show and it stood out like an alarm. the way he said it made me raise an eyebrow.

some of the "graffiti" sounds very hokey.

without dismantling the whole thing, i have to say it could be faked.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by Harte
Please, then, provide your explanation for the Egyptian hieroglyphs that can be seen deep inside small crevices between huge stones in the relieving chambers over the King's chamber in the Great Pyramid.

Did the aliens paint these hieroglyphs on with red ochre while putting the pile of stones together?

Did the Egyptians, finding the great pyramid intact when they unloaded their moving vans, decide to take the top third (or so) of the pyramid apart, paint the glyphs on, and then put it all back together?

Harte

well i guess if we can see em',

someone could have put them there waaaaaaay after the blocks were put in place.

Read again what I posted (quoted for you above) paying particularly close attention to the bolded part.

Now, are you going to stick with your answer in the face of the verifiable fact that these quarrymarks etc. couldn't have been painted on after the blocks were placed?

If so, it can only be because you are loathe to surrender your sparkly fantasy about ancient Egypt.

Lastly, I'd like to see the credentials you possess that would allow you to state (and be taken seriously) that any of the glyphs are "hokey."

Especially when you (apparently) haven't even laid eyes on them.

Harte

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section69
Please use proper grammar and spelling when making new threads or posts. Your words will be taken more seriously! Also it would help ATS not look like a Forum of crackpot theorists.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

Wow.

Forum snobbery. I've seen it all. What if that's the best he can do? What does it matter if his grammar or spelling isn't up to snuff? He still has viable questions. You can't disregard that just because you're a grammar snob.

And you don't have to worry about ATS not looking like a forum of crackpot theorists. This place is reknowned for that already.

Carry on.

On topic: I love this question. I asked this question to the people on my Facebook wall. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

Archaeologists have found stone and copper tools that were used to cut the stone.

do you know how hard it would be to make these things with copper tools? copper is a soft metal and they would not be able to make such precise and intricate details with such tools and also that does not explain how they mined such large stones and moved them the 300m as you say they did. i dont believe a lot of what the history books say about the egyptians and nor should you.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Here's proof:

youtu.be...

enjoy the music

LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

that is not proof at all its just a film made by some director and it does not state how the pyramids were made and by whom, as there is no proof unless time travel is possible.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

Well done. You learn something new every day!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Weird,

I have been having dreams all month about the Great Pyramid. I am into the subject and all, but nothing recently is making me think of them directly.

In my dreams, there is a lot of trees and grass but not a jungle. The GP is surrounded by a yellowish sandstone wall. The only opening is the front where stairway leads up to the Pyramid. There is also small creeks around. There is no Hieroglyphs at all in my dreams.

I notice everyone is happy and no one seems Egyptian. We seem to be a collective group of people and the place has significance, but unfortunately my dream self is not amazed at all by the location, however I think about the beauty of it.

Also I've never went past the wall surrounding the GP in my dream.

These dreams feel real significant and almost like it is the beginning of mankind, they are very strange and vivid.

Then again, dreams can do that to you.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
You all ways seen in the main stream media, that the pyramids wear made by slaves. Is their text? Hieroglyph's?

Lol. Pyramids were build by paid workers. You had to find your revelation in books from nineteen century. I propose to buy contemporary literature about this.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It doesnt really matter who build the pyramids, could be anyone, from slaves to military.
Whats more the question is who gave the orders, who were the architects?

<< 1  2   >>

join