It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Earth aimed CME. Uh Oh Spagettio's*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What are going to be the effects of the CME once it has hit Earth?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Based on my limited knowledge of the subject.

A surge in solar wind density and possibly speed. Increased aurora, and in my opinion a slightly higher chance of earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

I can tell you that over exertion and exhaustion. I am on the downswing now with exhaustion... In other words it pumps you up and then makes you feel deflated...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am confused, your first link does not work but here it says nothing is expected?

www.swpc.noaa.gov...
**** SPACE WEATHER OUTLOOK ****

Summary For March 28-April 3 No space weather storms were observed.

Outlook For April 6-12 No space weather storms are expected.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well, it says the outlook for the 6th is normal - but wasn't the photo taken on the 7th?

Anyway, so the outcome at worst is just tech failures for a bit? Any chance the CME could create Auroras in uncommon places?

edit on 9-4-2011 by janian because: had I kept "this", it would have implied I meant if my computer going out causes the borealis...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by janian

It says (April 6-12) No space weather storms are expected.

Wish I understood the sun stuff better, I find it very interesting.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well I was expecting a large scale, minor EMP to happen. But from what you say is that it's just going to increase the rate of earthquakes and such?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
Solar Flares and CME's have been hitting us forever, I don't understand why suddenly it's such a big deal?
I mean, from what I gather from reading about the phenomenon the only thing we REALLY have to worry about it electronics and while I would feel a bit disconnected without my TV, internet and other such luxuries, I can't see it being THAT big of a deal. Humans got along without technology for how long? Seriously, I wish people would chill on the whole killer sun theories...

Thats because you're in OHIO.

I'm sure the 7.1 that hit Japan once again on 04/11 was not such a big deal as you put it ?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Not too bad, but it is coming.

iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...

4-11 is D day for this.

I'm not saying it is going to "knowing" us, but it will probably increase the chances of a bad EQ.

soho.esac.esa.int...

Well D-day arrived and passed. We did have a couple 6+ quakes in Japan. Was it caused by this CME? Maybe.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
edit on 12-4-2011 by downtown436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
Well I was expecting a large scale, minor EMP to happen. But from what you say is that it's just going to increase the rate of earthquakes and such?

Well the EQ was 7.1 that hit Japan on the 11th

Definitely the CME has an impact on the Earth and other planets alike surrounding the Sun.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join