It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Earth aimed CME. Uh Oh Spagettio's*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Basically a sun burp.

When the entity that makes up (literally) 99.95+% of the solar system "burps", it's a matter of note.

Jus' sayin

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here is Solar Terrestrial Dispatch's daily report.

spacew.com...

This wasn't a big one- 4 C class flares and very low to low activity predicted.
If you go to the menu on the left side of the home page (spacew.com) and click on Astro Alerts, you can scroll down the alerts page back a few years and see what big flares look like and the stats for comparison.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
is this something we have NEVER seen before? because if it happened why all these post about how "we are going to die"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Video and a few anomalies on Soho....It looks quite strong CME

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Posting videos, links and video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a video, please post the video or a link to the video, a description of the video's content, and one or two paragraphs offering your own opinion on the video. This will help inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 1/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)
delete

edit on 8-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think we are in for one wild ride! The little voice in the back of my head is tellin me to buckle up, cus sh***s guna get craaaazy!

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/4Dlg8zQBC9mEEnSj4p6cXf7lfXsG7xXIuTvxGdO8ZMnzayBqKgKmy6m7RQdOzGt6q8ZwZ0SXzDq-2nq*KZXmn65Aoeh18juq/SolarFlare4711.jpg[/im g]

keep an eye on this, when that little red bar hits 6, or even above, thats when stuff starts happening.
KP Index

there are no space weather warnings yet but keep an eye on it.
space weather

Here is the solar speed graph and such
24 Hr Solar Speed
edit on 8-4-2011 by princeguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

its just light illusions....almost all the planets like mercury and venus that soho captures show this "winged effect"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So this thing is set to hit Earth on 4/11. Wasn't there some doom & gloom thread about 4/11? That's it, I am hiring a personal assistant for the sole purpose of keeping track of all these damn SHTF dates.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lifespath420

Part of the Sun gets blasted off into space.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lifespath420

It just shows a simulation of solar wind coming off the Sun and what direction it is going, and when it will arrive in other places.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
OH MY GOD! WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

or not.
What is this like the three thousandth freak out about the sun killing us?
At some point you gotta appreciate that we are still here after the last 2,999 posts regarding the sun killing us with CME's or crazy sun radiation.

I appreciate other opinions and certainly an interest in the subject but the repeated alarmist views of the sun are a bit much.

You are the only one wigging out. I said uh oh spagettuo's, and that it probably wouldn't be too bad, just maybe an increased chance of earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

No it happens frequently. It is semi-rare that it is earth aimed, but they can cause damage to power grids and satellites if they are powerful enough. This one is not terribly powerful.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Nice!!

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Solar Flares and CME's have been hitting us forever, I don't understand why suddenly it's such a big deal?
I mean, from what I gather from reading about the phenomenon the only thing we REALLY have to worry about it electronics and while I would feel a bit disconnected without my TV, internet and other such luxuries, I can't see it being THAT big of a deal. Humans got along without technology for how long? Seriously, I wish people would chill on the whole killer sun theories...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Well, aside from the "correlations" (I use the term loosely) between CME's and EQ's and stuff, the biggest true worry is one hitting the earth at the correct angle to cause transformer failure. I wish I could upload the power point I did for work on this, but here is a good link to the NASA study done 3 years ago?

www.nasa.gov...

There is a map there that shows a worse case scenario in case of grid failure due to a CME.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Look something is either earth facing or not.. the one you are talking about is targeting Venus.. not Earth.. check out NASA animated forward view..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
reply to post by downtown436

Hell, it might as well.

At least then the aliens might show up.

That would be G-Status. A CME knocks out a good part of the worlds power, weapons and nukes as well, and "they" decide now is a good time for us to make ourselves known. Then "they" vote Donald Trump 2012

edit on 8-4-2011 by AOA2012 because:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You know TPTB love the number 11.......Good find.....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yo for real?

Yo my gf was telling me about a dream she had last night. A weird one. She was observing the earth and the sun from a vantage point of above the earth. In her dream, the earth was on fire. I didn't get a chance to ask her if she had any more details about the dream, but I will, and I'll get back at this.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

It is going to hit the Earth I am afraid, if you look at the simulation in the like I posted in the beginning of the thread you will see that it is almost directly aimed at the Earth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join