It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Earth aimed CME. Uh Oh Spagettio's*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Not too bad, but it is coming.

iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...

4-11 is D day for this.

I'm not saying it is going to "knowing" us, but it will probably increase the chances of a bad EQ.

soho.esac.esa.int...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I feel like a newb. but what exactly is a CME (coronal mass ejection?)?
edit on 7-4-2011 by lifespath420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Hell, it might as well.

At least then the aliens might show up.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

oh, that doen't look good

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Look at Soho pic, what is under the CME??

2nd

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hey downtown, I cannot access your first link.

Wow, is this for real...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lifespath420

Basically a sun burp.

A coronal mass ejection (CME) is a massive burst of solar wind, other light isotope plasma, and magnetic fields rising above the solar corona or being released into space. Coronal mass ejections are often associated with other forms of solar activity, most notably solar flares, but a causal relationship has not been established. Most ejections originate from active regions on Sun's surface, such as groupings of sunspots associated with frequent flares. Near solar maxima the Sun produces about 3 CMEs every day, whereas near solar minima there is about 1 CME every 5 days.
- Wikipedia

Coronal mass ejections, along with solar flares of other origin, can disrupt radio transmissions and cause damage to satellites and electrical transmission line facilities, resulting in potentially massive and long-lasting power outages.
- Wikipedia

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Could someone a little more in the know please elaborate on what the gif image/charts mean?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Its just suppose to be a light brush by earth -
I think we will be fine. This site is updated
everyday and has lots of info re solar
activity.

spaceweather.tv...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RenoKnows

I dunno what it is but it was under the last posted CME thread as well
People were clapping on about it being a planet and that may be the case
I no nothing of CME's or planets for that matter
Heck! I still think Pluto is a planet (Poor Pluto)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Looks like mercury is in the right place to shield the Earth a little.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There is also a large filament snaking around the sun's southeastern limb about 300,000 km long. Maybe it will clear up some of the rain we've been having. There's no global warming where I live. www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Poor Mercury... But I guess the little guy is used to get scorched. Interesting, I was wondering if we'd see another earth hit or "glancing blow" on the 11th of this month. If there is another large quake (or even another Japan aftershock ranking "UP THERE" [Mag 6.5+]) That will pretty much settle it for me. Since the Juan de Fuca faultline has been "stuck" for 100's of years, I worry that Washington/BC is going to see there mega subduction quake soon.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Reference.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

this is what bothers me when i hear people say that the object is mercury...mercurys diameter is 4.880km and the sun's is 1,392,000km...the object if it is mercury would seem to be a little big compared to sun...unless its just me or the orbit distance and the angle/view in which we see it that makes it appear larger than it really is?...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If that is mercury that CME mite not be to good for NASA’s new Messenger spacecraft.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Oddly enough, why is there a "Wing" like projections at the sides of Mercury???

I'm not pointing towards "the winged planet", just curious though, but could someone enlighten me if this is normal for Mercury

edit on 7-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
OH MY GOD! WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

or not.
What is this like the three thousandth freak out about the sun killing us?
At some point you gotta appreciate that we are still here after the last 2,999 posts regarding the sun killing us with CME's or crazy sun radiation.

I appreciate other opinions and certainly an interest in the subject but the repeated alarmist views of the sun are a bit much.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
OH MY GOD! WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

or not.
What is this like the three thousandth freak out about the sun killing us?
At some point you gotta appreciate that we are still here after the last 2,999 posts regarding the sun killing us with CME's or crazy sun radiation.

I appreciate other opinions and certainly an interest in the subject but the repeated alarmist views of the sun are a bit much.

It's a nice change from the 99,999 UFO youtube videos.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I just read elsewhere that it was 4 times bigger than Jupiter and would hit earth on 04 11 11, one month after the last big disaster, in which a cme had fired off 2 days before.

We need to hold peace over this planet. Healing, protection and vividly see this, pray for it if we have faith, be loving and see healing for earth's mantle and core.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join