It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: FBI Intimidates Free Thinkers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The FBI has questioned several free thinking self proclaimed anarchists around the country for unclear reasons. They have given different "stories" to different suspects as to why they were being questioned. This is stemming from reports of potential terrorists activity at the DNC involving the vandalism of news vans.

boston.indymedia.org
FBI agents have given the subjects of these investigations conflicting reasons for the questioning. One agent in Kansas City stated that the agency was worried about the �E.L.F., the A.L.F. and P.E.T.A.� Another in Denver reportedly mentioned the Anarchist Black Cross and asked activists if they planned to engage in �terrorist activities.� Some agents claimed they were investigating the possibility that news trucks may be attacked by radicals, even though the FBI has not even stated whether the information the investigation is based on is credible or not.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wild goose chase or real threat? The actions by the FBI suggest to me that they are not investigating anything specific but engaging in a campaign of intimidation against free thinkers. If this trend continues and pours over into other areas of free thinking groups it could be a recipe for disaster.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Banshee]

df1

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I would be pleased to speak with the FBI, I have some thoughts I would like them to pass on to the president. My words will be clear and I will leave no doubt as to my views. I am confident you can my find IP address and I am waiting patiently for your visit.

If I can't live and speak freely, you might as well take me to your gulag.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think this is another attempt to keep the population paranoid. Either that or the FBI are totaly inept.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We see again the beginning of the broader meaning of TERRORIST.

Free thinker = potential threat to the order = Potential trouble maker = potential terrorist.

Shut up and get on with your 9 till 5!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The FBI as well as other organizations of the US Govt believe they can silence our opinions and voices, but it will never happen.
# the FBI.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Research into ELF and ALF before standing up and defending them.

Some ELF links:

www.animalrights.net...
www.sierratimes.com...
www.animalrights.net...

Some ALF links:
www.animalrights.net...
www.cei.org...

These people are destroying houses, killing people, and terrorizing anyone who doesnt think like they do. All in the name of "Animals and Earth!"... Whats the difference?

[edit on 25-7-2004 by rwsdakota]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota
Research into ELF and ALF before standing up and defending them.

Some ELF links:

www.animalrights.net...
www.sierratimes.com...
www.animalrights.net...

Some ALF links:
www.animalrights.net...
www.cei.org...

These people are destroying houses, killing people, and terrorizing anyone who doesn't think like they do. All in the name of "Animals and Earth!"... Whats the difference?

[edit on 25-7-2004 by rwsdakota]

Yes but there's no link between these people and those groups. That's the point here. They are trying to deter people for having views that don't fit the accepted model of society by associating them with these groups. It's unfounded and a attack on free thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The ALF(Animal Liberation Front) have carried out Terrorist attacks again McDonalds and other fastfood restaurants in the Netherlands and Belgium over the last 10 years.

Luckely noone got hurt, but the establishments they attacked sustained heavy damages(they torched them)

During on period a few years ago, they attacked a douzen restaurants in a few weeks time.

If I remember corrently, 2 people were arrested, and the ALF has since then been under investigation and has kept itself relativly quiet around here, seeing the history line in the article below, they moved their activity's to the US.

According to this article, they claimed 9 attacks in belgium in 1998 and one in 1999:

www.cdfe.org...

Oct. 14 1996, Eugene, Ore.: The Earth Liberation Front glues locks and spray-paints graffiti at a McDonalds.

June 29, 1997, Crystal City, Va.: Police in riot-gear use pepper spray to disperse about 200 animal rights activists who harass customers and employees at a McDonalds restaurant and block the restaurants driveway for more than two hours. Eighteen activists are arrested on criminal trespass charges, and three face additional vandalism charges for throwing food.

Feb. 15, 1997, Troy, Mich.: The Animal Liberation Front leaves a foul-smelling chemical in a McDonalds and spray-paints McS---, McMurder, McDeath on the bathroom walls.

1998, Belgium: ALF claims responsibility for nine attacks against McDonalds and another fast-food chain.

Aug. 16, 1997, West Jordan, Utah: ALF burns a McDonalds restaurant to the ground, causing $400,000 in damage.

August 12, 1999, Antwerp, Belgium: ALF claims credit for burning down a McDonalds, causing damage estimated at $809,000.

Aug. 31, 1999, Fulton County, Ga.: ALF torches a McDonalds restaurant.

Oct. 16, 1999, Nassau, Long Island, N.Y.: ALF smashes windows and spray-paints graffiti at four McDonalds, causing more than $23,000 in damage.

Dec. 7, 2000, Long Island, N.Y.: ELF and ALF smash windows and spray-paint anti-meat slogans at McDonalds offices.

June 2001, Detroit: ELF vandalizes a McDonalds.

Sept. 8, 2001, Tucson, Ariz.: ALF and the affiliated Earth Liberation Front claim joint credit for a $500,000 arson of a McDonalds restaurant they say is meant as a warning to corporations worldwide.

March 3, 2003, Chico, Calif.: ALF activists spray-paint Meat is Murder and Species Equality, along with the groups name, on a McDonalds. Two crude incendiary devices fail to ignite.

March 10, 2003, Chico, Calif.: A second McDonalds is damaged by burning debris. Liberation and ALF are spray-painted on the walls.

Sources: Center for the Defense of Free Enterprise, Fur Commission USA, news accounts.

This is imho not a group of activists, but a gang of lunatics that seek to cause chaos and destruction, for whatever cause.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As a bity of a tangent, I hate it when people define themselves as 'free thinkers'. It just drips with "I'm a prick who can't get a job."

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The FBI probably has had a file on me since I was 15. It should be a thousand pages long but they can't get to me because I'm too fast for them like Muhammad Ali was to George Foreman. I'm too fast.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
good to see your ego is intact.... (joke)

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The FBI probably has had a file on me since I was 15. It should be a thousand pages long but they can't get to me because I'm too fast for them like Muhammad Ali was to George Foreman. I'm too fast.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What's a "free thinker"?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Some of the people in the groups mentioned above are too extreme and ignorant which hurts the cause they are supposed to be helping. The FBI should be watching some of them because we all know that a few people that are together on an extreme cause can and do cause terrorist acts. Those groups are alright, but again some of the people involved push it too far.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by jrod]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What's a "free thinker"?

Self-styled 'geniuses' who believe themselves to have freed themselves from the boundaries set up by society. A 'free thinker' uses Macs instead of PCs, wears clothes either 10 years after or before they come into fashion, and generally uses his philosophy as an excuse to not get a job.

I will tell you something, though. Anyone who describes himself or herself as a 'free thinker' is most likely as far from one as you can get.

There are a very small number of real 'free thinkers' who should be respected. But they are free enough to not care about that, so they don't go around letting everyone know how free thinking they actually are

df1

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The FBI will decide who makes the freethinker membership list, so all of the posted answers are null and void!

Sorry guys you lose, thanks for playing.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Looks like the FBI is doing their job. Good for them.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Looks like the FBI is doing their job. Good for them.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally by Pastor Martin Niem�ller

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Anyone remember this?
Let us hope it doesn't become relevant in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The worst trouble with people who try to repress free thought and diversity of opinion,is that it shakles people's dreams and imaginations. Intimidation scares people into inaction and fear of speaking new ideas. The most important thing to fuel an economy is the freedom to dream and imagine a better future. That is why police states tend to have VERY POOR economies. Order without chaos is death. Life requires both.

Fools support police states at their peril.

DREAMS FUEL AN ECONOMY. REPRESSION KILLS IT.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
only a matter of time before there is an 'office of pre-crime' you will have 'law-enforcement officers' and 'law-pre-enforcment officers'............. sorta sounds like a moive
will fact be stranger than fiction???
of course it will and is.....

'it' is coming..the beginning is now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join