It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Help Me Interpret This Dream?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
First, I'd Like to mention I always have dreams this vivid. But none are so symbolic. When I had this dream, I knew nothing of the world around me. I had studied several christian religions and a bit of witchcraft and voodoo. Practiced nothing, just learned.
When I had this dream, I wrote it down to try and start a novel out of it. I never finished it. Please excuse the poor quality of this writing, as I just copied it from what I wrote for the novel, and that was about 10 years ago.
A side note, the women who knock on the door, ironically, I used to make fun of in elementary school, because they practiced witchcraft. Bad me, I know, but I was young and stupid. Also, they are on my Facebook now and do not look as they looked in my dream.
If anyone has skills in interpreting dreams, I would greatly appreciate any advice and ideas you may offer. Otherwise, it's probably a good read.
Sorry it's so long...

I awoke in a hotel room I’d never seen before, late for work.. I hurriedly stood up and dressed, thinking better late than never, grabbed my keys off of a small end table at the door, and rushed out.
The hallway was busier than one would expect in a hotel .Odder than that, however, were the people that plagued the hall. They seemed to be giving me all of their attention. Although some seemed frightened upon glancing at me, most seemed especially angry, and potentially violent, I determined from their frequent twitches and clenched fists. My muscles grew tense with anxiety as I moved past these strangers, expecting an attack at any moment. I felt a pounding in my chest..
For reasons inexplicable to myself, these people, these strangers, frightened me.
As I neared the elevator, I glanced down at my feet, I couldn’t remember putting my shoes on, yet I could feel them. The shoes were there, but…
I was not walking.
Instead, much to my surprise, I was floating a good foot above the floor. As soon as I realized what I was doing, I started to fall forward. Suddenly I had the thought that since I was doing it once, I could still do it…so I quickly leveled myself and maintained this wonderful new gift I’d discovered. I kept floating.
But could this be the reason for the anger these people displayed? I certainly would not have done the same if in their shoes, but…
The elevator arrived and I entered, alone, and pressed the button; not paying attention to which particular button I’d pressed, I still floated, and waited as the light blinked down from floor to floor. The door opened and I floated out.
Here, too, the hall was filled with many people, and these people also seemed unreasonably afraid of, and angry with, me. They all glared in my direction as I hovered past them towards the end of the hall. I could feel their anger with me turn into hatred and, in turn, ever increasing rage. My fear strengthened.. Halfway down the hall I noticed I was on the wrong floor, headed towards the kitchen and dining area rather than the exit. My fear increased (like the hatred of the strangers) that much more as I turned towards the elevator again.
I could feel their anger towards me doubling I decided I had to go back to my room again, I was too afraid of everyone around, and was too confused to find my way out.
I found myself instantly in my room.
There was a knock at the door.
I opened it to find two women I’d not known for years, yet I knew immediately knew who they were. One spoke;
“I heard you were floating a little while ago?” She asked.
“Yes.” I exclaimed
“I didn’t know you were into that sort of thing.” Karen commented, her face remaining emotionless. I noticed that she was wearing glasses. Had she worn glasses way back then? I was sure she hadn’t.
“Oh yeah,” I responded, “See…”
As I said this I made a gesture with my right hand, towards the keys I’d apparently put back on the table, they flew through the air directly into my hand.
I was stunned, for I’d never possessed these powers before, but I didn’t show my astonishment.
“You’re pretty good,” Danika commented.
“Yeah,” I repeated, “I’ve been studying for years now.”
In my head I knew this to be a lie, yet impossibly, at the same time, it was also the truth. Regardless, I couldn’t stop the words from fleeing from within and they came out before I’d given them initial thought.
Movement caught the corner of my eye.
I turned to see four men, or they could have been women; I’d no way to tell for they all wore heavy brown robes, the kind you’d see on a monk, with the hoods up and covering their faces. Each carried bold magic markers which they used to draw upon the hotel walls. Even as I turned, I noticed that already each of the four walls which formed the room were covered from base to ceiling, the latter also covered, with oddly shaped symbols. Perhaps the symbols of some ancient language, perhaps those used for voodoo. Perhaps all of them. Each were drawn with careful, skilled lines and loops of black magic marker, each interlinking with others, but somehow also utterly separate, each in worlds of their own.
One of these symbols stood out from the rest;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0ee19396ae2.jpg[/atsimg]
It held my attention briefly, as if it contained a supernatural magnet which pulled at my eyes, sinking them deeper into this logo of spellcraft. I stepped towards the closest monk figure.
My first reaction? Instinct? God damn it, I yelled!
“Get the # out of here. #! I’ll have to pay for this #. Get the # out!!”
Three of the hooded strangers walked towards the door, where I noticed that Danika and Karen were no longer standing, none of the monk figures spoke a single word. The fourth, however, continued to write upon the wall, his wrists looping and twisting as if he were holding a foil in defence of his life. I grabbed the back of his robe, twisted him, and threw him on to my bench press bench, which was suddenly in my room. I picked up the barbell and let it rest on the monks neck. I never did see any faces. I demanded he leave right away, I was pissed. He agreed to leave, without saying anything, then was instantly gone.
I twisted and turned, viewing the entire room but saw nothing. The room had returned to normal; no symbols artistically etched upon the walls, no hooded monks, and no magic marker
Movement caught the corner of my eye, I turned to witness the clothing rack in the corner, which suddenly appeared, spinning, it had pure white dress shirts, all folded and hanging perfectly. The shirts remained on their hangers but spun outward like the blades of a helicopter.
As if the situation weren’t odd enough, the clothing rack appeared to be expanding, as if filling with air, it’s still spinning hoop pushing against the walls which met in the corner. Slowly, endlessly, the rack continued to grow until it had cut off my only two escape routes; the window and the door. I sat on the bed, and watched as the rack approached me.
The hoop swung the shirts out over the bed, continuing to grow. Although no true physical danger seemed present, somewhere, in a hidden section of my mind, I knew that being touched by the animated clothing rack would surely be lethal.
At the last second, as the shirts spun in closer, closing in about two feet from my face, I remembered my knife, which was suddenly holstered on my belt. I unsheathed it, snapping it outward and forcing the blade to lock into place. The shirts were now inches away from me and I swung the blade at them in an arc, slicing at them.
And suddenly there was no spinning, growing clothing rack, for as quickly as it had started spinning and expanding, it had returned to its original spot in the corner, no larger than it had been.. The clothes didn’t swing on their hangers, but rather, hung motionless as if they had not moved at all.
Movement caught my eye from the window. An iguana sat on the outside windowsill, behind two panes of glass.
It’s eyes I noticed first, for they carried an eerie, almost devilish, orange glow that seemed more human than lizard.
It pulled its right shoulder back, as if preparing to strike, which, surprisingly, it did. It’s shoulder slammed forward into the first of two panes of glass, which shattered and sprayed down upon the lizard. Once the glass had fallen, the lizard slowly crept through the opening it had created. It started to change shape, the shade of its skin fade away until it was a pale white, almost ceramic. Its body had shortened in length but widened at its sides.
The iguana-thing threw its shoulder into the second, and last, pane of glass and slowly crept it’s way into my room, all the while continuing to change its shape, moulding and twisting as if giant invisible hands were shaping it like clay. By the time it finally entered my room, its shape had become like a hand shaped out of ceramic. It’s fingers, which stood tall as if reaching for the sky, suddenly clenched into a fist then opened immediately, throwing it’s fingers back at the air. But now they were tipped with claws two inches long. And it went still. It sat on the sill as if it were an artistic ornament placed for decoration. However, its stillness was short-lived.
It slowly ascended into the air, pivoting slightly as if attempting to point at me. As it moved to point, it once again shifted its shape. By the time it was parallel with the floor, it had twisted itself into the shape of a disk, it’s clawed fingers then numbered more than five, for they had shifted to blades and surrounded the perimeter of the disk. It started to spin in the air until it moved like the blade of an electric saw, then started to float in my direction, spinning.
Oddly, at that point I remembered I was late for work.
I ran to the end table and picked up my keys. I do not remember placing them back on the table. The disk came flying at my head, I simply ducked and continued to move forward, out of its way. Then it turned and came towards me again.
Finally, I opened the door and left the room into the hall, closing the door behind me, trapping the “saw blade” in the room. I heard the blade thump into the back of the door.
And this is where I woke up.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Sounds like you are writing a novel, and want someone to help you write the ending

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorpitarius

The beginning part sounds dream like, and I get something out of it, but once the you get back to your room, it does sound novel-ish and less dream like.

The beginning part seems to me like you want power, you want to be better than others, but at the same time, you fear that they will be jealous of you and perhaps hurt you out of jealousy. Thats pretty easy.

When you start talking to the two girls in your room, its also apparent you have a lot of ego wrapped up in gaining power, you want to show off, but you want others to be happy for you, not jealous.

After that, it goes down hill in terms of following the psychology. The monks writing on the walls and your worry about getting in trouble could be your struggle internally with wanting to pursue arcane power, but not really being sure you want to deal with the consequences of "breaking the rules" of society and dabbling in the forbidden.

No clue on the shirts or iguana.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

No, just a dream I believe has meaning. As I mentioned above, I wrote my dream out with the intention of turning it to a novel, but it got nowhere. The dream is 4 pages, so if you were correct, I wouldn't be looking for someone to write the ending, I'd be looking for someone to write the whole book!
Peace and One Love

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I like your response a lot. I'm going to be considering your words very carefully while I think about who I was back then. And I assure you, I have added nothing to this dream; it is presented as I remember it.
Thank you very much;
Peace and One Love!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorpitarius

You know, now that I re-read my interpretation of the dream, (and its morning, and my brain is not exhausted) the central theme and the common denominator is "power" "longing for it" and "fear of the consequences of having/seeking power."

Sometimes the details (lke Iguanas and shirts) have meanings that are selected to invoke memories or emotional responses in the dreamer, (after all, its your private message to yourself) and really have no broad meaning that others might pick up on. Maybe thats why to us it sounds like "story" because we dont have the same experiences you do, and so those "images" do not evoke the same responses.

Maybe those images and the lethality of the saw blade and shirt rack are just means to show you the real depth of your fear of the consequences of seeking power. Obviously, if you have a deep seated and unconscious fear of the consequences of having power, (or talent, if there is a more mundane parallel in your life) you might unconsciously undermine yourself in terms of developing said power or talent. (IN the dream, you ran back to your room and hid it away)

If the dream was intended to make you AWARE of your fear of the consequences of developing a skill that might make you "better" than others, (that they might be jealous of,) then the "Cure" for that is just awareness of said fear, and choosing your actions based on acceptance of your potential/gift, rather than out of fear for the consequences of really shining in the world. You are HERE to shine.

Each of us has a gift. I believe. I feel that each of us is best at something and has something to offer the whole that no other person can, and the secret to a happy, spiritually satisfying life is expressing that gift despite the fear of the consequences. Overcoming the fear of being YOU is part of the game of existence.

Also, if the dream still has meaning, (and it must if you still wanted to have it interpreted,) it is very likely that the core issue is as yet unresolved. In this case, fear of appearing too successful/talented/brilliant might still be undermining you in some way, causing you to live less than your full potential.

Good luck. I enjoyed this.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Another awesome response, thank you very much. In fact, it seems like you knew the inner me of 10 years ago (roughly when I had the dream). I could have used you back then, lol.
Truly, I am in connection with who I am and I do strive to shine. I like to think I try to shine so others can see it's possible. In fact, I've believed for a few years now that all the emotional and physical trauma I experienced growing up, which did lead to a low self esteem, was for a purpose. I came from a very bad place, and in spite of all the barriers in my way, I have come a LOOOOOOOOONG way.
Now I feel myself surrounded by people who used to be like me, and I can show them another way, speaking from experience. I suppose that gives me more credibility? Something I've pondered, but I've never thought of this in conjunction with my dream.
I was wondering if there was something up with the fact that I kept retrieving my keys from the same table, without ever putting them back!!!
Thanks again for your feedback
Peace and One Love!

new topics

top topics

join