posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by robile
Silver is extremely toxic and poisonous to the body
Very true robile , here's a little evidence of a non-lethal dosing, but it still shows how powerful these colloidial silver products can be if not
Okay, first, silver in the right form is NOT toxic.
If silver is in liquid form, and it freezes, THEN it'll be toxic.
Argyria is not a form of silver toxicity, it's when larger-sized (colloid or bigger) particles congregate and lodge themselves into the interstitial
spaces. Since they're too large to re-enter the capillaries via hydrostatic pressure, they force themselves into the dermal layers; they then give
the skin a bluish tinge.
You'll NEVER find cases of argyria when dealing with angstrom or nano-micron-sized particles.
Aside from that, liquified silver is made via two separate, distinct processes.
First and preferable is done via electric pulsations which rip solid silver particles into tiny tiny little guys that become water-soluable.
The second and way more toxic method requires corrosive acids to break down the solid silver into particle form. This is dangerous because sometimes
the silver tarnishes (even in it's tiny form) and there are instances of the liquid not being purified sufficiently and the corrosive medium makes
it's way into the solution; this is highly toxic and can wear away the endothelial lining of blood vessels.
Silver in itself is a powerful broad-spectrum anti-microbial; but because of idiots who tout it's benefits without educating themselves first (see:
new-agers, crackpots) on it's properties...well then...there's where the problems begin.