It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails ON....Contrail OFF.....You Decide.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

How do you tell the difference?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Has anyone here experienced "glitter" in the air after chemtrails? The air literally sparkling like glitter? I experienced this about a month ago and just looking for and explanation. Also that day, after being outside for only a few minutes I had to constantly blow my nose for hours, (every time I went outside)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

CONTRAILS should disappear almost immediately as the hot gasses ejected by the engine cool and dissipate.

CHEMTRAILS linger for minutes if not HOURS and slowly disperse into very long wispy cloudlike formations almost reaching to the horizon.

I have seen aircraft at many heights from very low to what must be I presume 30k -35k feet as I live 50 miles from Gatwick and the regular aircraft can circle, or follow on a flight path over head to further destinations, and quite a few DO NOT leave trails longer that the length of your palm if you follow the aircraft with your hand.

CHEMTRAIL forming aircraft are always very high up and seemingly do not follow the normal ( from what I have seen ) routes the passenger aircraft take.

Either that or I'm too paranoid as they seem to be increasing in number, this morning into work I saw 4 FOUR chemtrail aircraft 1 after the other, a fifth aircraft following a way behind at the same height DID NOT have the same trail, so whats the difference? a cold air pocket following 4 very hot aircraft? , a different tempreture engine? fuel mixture? or paranoid man?.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
CONTRAILS should disappear almost immediately as the hot gasses ejected by the engine cool and dissipate.

CHEMTRAILS linger for minutes if not HOURS and slowly disperse into very long wispy cloudlike formations almost reaching to the horizon.

Contrails can last for hours and spread out into clouds (because contrails are mostly water vapor -- just like clouds). The myth that they cannot last for hours is something that is relatively new. It seems that myth started about the same time the chemtrail conspiracy hoax was started by the people selling their chemtrail literature.

The fact that contrails can last for hours has been known about since the beginnings of high-altitude flight. WWII bomber pilots are on record as saying that the German fighters could follow the hours-old trails their bombers left, which gave away their flight path to the enemy.

I remember growing up near a rural area in the 1970s and the farmers on the TV farm reports lamenting the fact that the popularity of airline travel is causing more cloudy days due to persistent contrails that spread out to become cirrus clouds (farmers for the most part like clear sunny days).

Here is a research paper published in 1972 discussing long-lasting contrails:
Measurements of the Growth of the Ice Budget in a Persisting Contrail
(This links directly to a PDF file)

Here is an excerpt:

... If sufficient air carrier traffic exists, an entire overcast of contrail cirrus may develop and persist for hours with rapid growth in ice budget in individual contrails...

So this myth that "Contrails can't last for hours" was something the world never heard of until 10 or 15 years ago. When I first read this on ATS several years ago, I was shocked there were people saying this. It is my personal experience from when I was growing up that they certainly can last for hours.

edit on 4/11/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join