It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
People need to learn religious tolerance. It seems Christianity is always getting the bad rap, and some kind of social stigmata, meanwhile Islam seems to be the flavor of the week. Tolerate all or tolerate none. But give them the respect they deserve!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah, intolerance seems to come with war, genocide, persecution, and torture over something that nobody can really prove. Respect and tolerance is earned, never given by me.
edit on 7-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think its shameful that "atheists" are so quick to bash Christianity by saying all religion has done is cause wars and suffering, when it was not jesus or god who caused these wars, but imperfect men.

The funny thing about "atheism" is that it totally contradicts it self.

Chistianity is about worshiping jesus, and making a connection with one's soul to the holy spirit, what has this got to do with war or destruction? and furthermore how does it disprove god?

It seems to me putting the blame on religion is just an easy way for non believers to say religion/Christianity is bad when really Christianity is about love.

There is more proof that we were designed than this big bang made up theory.

I suggest people take a look on this site before coming to the conclusion that there is no god: www.godandscience.org...

There you can find totally unbiased evidence of god from science.
edit on 7-4-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Religion. So over rated in my opinion.
I'll respect anyone from the get go. They have that from me, until they show me they DON'T deserve it.

I just keep having this idea that while it appears religion is the cause of much death and destruction, somehow, religion is just a handy tool to fuel fighting and intolerance. Without religion, I have no doubt that humans can find other handy excuses to kill and maim and hate.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Threads here on ATS that bash other religions for being wrong just make me want to leave this site. People need to grow up. Especially the Atheists.. They don't seem to respect any religious person on here.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker
Threads here on ATS that bash other religions for being wrong just make me want to leave this site. People need to grow up. Especially the Atheists.. They don't seem to respect any religious person on here.

I hear ya, they will be showing the blackness of their hearts on this thread soon enough

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nuker

I, personally not an athiest. I do believe that mainstream religion in general deserves every ounce of skepticism it receives. What goes around comes around. If you don't like it, oh well. I'm not sugarcoating anything or walking on eggshells. I believe mainstream religion in general is the root of what is wrong with humanity. The great religions all through history has denied every belief but their own, but can't accept when they are denied.

edit on 7-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Religion or lack thereof is something that will probably never be agreed on. Tolerance is achievable but not everyone gives it, which is okay, one of my goals as a Christian is to never have someone refer to me as someone who is fake, uncaring, or anything else negative. Unfortunately, Christians have not always proven themselves worthy of tolerance...recently it was a "Christian" (and not just a Christian but a Pastor of a church) doing some stupid stunt that makes everyone look down upon Christianity (See: Qu'aran burning).

top topics

join