It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret to life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is no secret! It's right there in front of you!

While that is a very bold, and undeveloped answer, it is extremely true.

We as humans, tend to ask the question why, A LOT. Consistently, people ponder on our origins and the purpose of being here in this consciousness. Some believe in folk tale of people descending from the sky and ascending others into heaven, others believe that we came from this space of compressed matter and that this is the only life we will ever live and the fact that everything will go black once death settles. This provides us with a motivation of some sort to experience certain states to either; have the ability to ascend into heaven, live the best life you could to social standards, to do what you want, etc. This usually perpetuates people to have a a standard or a goal in their lives and they will do anything at hand to achieve it.

When faced with the question of our origins, people tend to look back at their lives and conceive that their life had some kind of meaning to it. We as humans HAVE to have a meaning and when faced with the thought of life not having any meaning, we go in benevolent denial due to the fact that we cannot accept that it's all pointless. If you worked hard at a miserable job for a hundred hours a week for ten dollars an hour, and never got payed, you would be very upset, wouldn't you?

This also goes for every feat this Universe has put its hands upon.

However, picture this. Spiritually, being a God like soul could tend to be very boring when faced with just sitting in nothingness. One would create a story and act it out just to relieve itself of boredom. That's my opinion on why everything is the way it is, boredom.

Now, this also goes with having a "meaning" to your life. To not die of plain boredom, we convinced ourselves of false motivations to continue with our lives. Some people might argue "Oh, I live for my kids," or "Oh, I live to be the most wealthiest man in the world,". That can be the reason you are alive right now, but that is not the meaning of life.

PS: Sorry if this post was kind of all over the place, my mind plays with itself when trying to write about this topic and it truly throws me of with the writing

edit on 7-4-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe there is more to discover when we learn to not be limited by our language or assume that we share all that we see. Then again, that would make my post here have infinite meanings wouldn't it? Or no meaning at all? After all "secret' is just a word.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
James Taylor probably said it best.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The secret to life is.............dont fear death.

Only those unafraid of death really know how to live.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ahhh, what is the meaning of life?

If we all knew the answer to this question, then the game wouldn't be much fun would it?

Life is to be lived and experienced. I like to think of it as a big school of sorts--dull, rhoutine, redundant, with moments of excitement (e.g. fights, falling in love, cheating, field-trips).

Yes, for most of us, this life can appear rather meaningless without a sense of direction or purpose. Hence the attraction to those few enlightened ones that seem to have all the answers. Trust me, I have read my fair share of gurus, philosophers, conspiracy theorist, and poets to understand one thing. And I'll quote a famous philosopher: I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Socrates, from Diogenes Laertius, Lives of Eminent Philosophers

The fact of the matter is we can all claim to know something, but in the end we really don't know much. It is a humbling thought, but true nevertheless.

So why are we here? Is it for girls, sex, and rock and roll? Maybe, for a certain age group, but once a person reaches a certain threshold of consciousness they begin to ask bigger questions, and this is when the fun begins.

Perhaps the answer to this question is beyond the thinking mind and has to be felt to be understood. In other words, do what you feel is right and not what the mind thinks it's the best thing to do. In this way a person grows spiritually and begins to ascend or evolve in the right direction. Learning to trust your own heart and not what a news source or political figure tells you to think is perhaps one of the biggest challenges a human-being has on this planet.

As one ascends spiritually, I'm not referring to any kind of written dogma, they begin to shed the fears attached with not knowing the grand plan, if there is one, and begin to focus their energy on helping whomever they come in contact with. The help can be in any form. In a sense, a person becomes a guardian angel to those fortunate enough to cross their path. This, for me anyway, is the meaning of life.

Take this information for what is worth and I wish you all a wonderful trip.

God bless and take care.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The secret to life is love.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by prolific

If only there was a place where we could touch that soft green grass; gaze into that beautiful sunset; feel the wind blow on our faces while we listen to our favourite song all for the first time ....over and over again.

edit on 8/4/2011 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

That my friend is absolutely bang on - it's that simple

I say this because I was shown (not told) by a very wise & loving being who appeared to me during an experience.

From it I learned that ALL that matters is love :-)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I thought I was going to read all about the answers about life here, oh well.

Before we can discuss such things, we must FIRST establish 1) if there is a 'God', 2) if there is a 'soul', and 3) if our lives here are any more meaningful in this HUUUUUUUUUUGE universe than that mosquito that I just smashed.. .

Will the mosquito come with us in the next life?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The meaning of life is so simple and obvious once you know it that it's hilarious.

We're here to enjoy life, to learn about ourselves as individuals, and to create and experience and share with each other.

If you're not enjoying life, you're doing it wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by prolific

This is what boredom is....

Boredom

Are we just like bored, spoiled children
who've just been lying in the bathtub all day

just playing with their plastic duck and now
they're just thinking: "Well! what can I do?"

Okay! Yes! We're bored!
We're all bored now!

But has it ever occurred to you, that
the process that creates this boredom we see

in the world now may very well be a
self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brain-washing,

created by a world totalitarian
government based on money?

And that all of this is much
more dangerous than one thinks?

And it's not just a question
of individual survival,

but that somebody who's bored is asleep,
and somebody who's asleep will not say "no"?

They want to put you to sleep.

edit on 9-4-2011 by illuminazislayer because: it is time to wake up.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You think alot like me, ive questioned this alot in my life actually. Life is hard. I guess we all want to believe in the end, all the crap we went through was worth it.

But maybe life in the end doesnt really have a meaning. You make the meaning as you go along. When you think about it, even if there is nothing when we die, we got to experience this life, this world, all that came along with it. Even if we had a hard time, we had an experience.

And were never really going to know whats after this life. So we mine as well just have a good time, and whatever comes after, whatever =]

new topics

top topics

join