It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boil Your Tea Bags In Corporate Greed And Take A Sip Of Your Own Medicine...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Florida Senate, House pass budgets with deep cuts to health care, schools

Above... the headline is a link to some ugly legislation

"Don't make these cuts," Ross said. "I don't want to die."The 58-year-old Delray Beach woman was referring to one of the most controversial parts of the Senate budget: a $230 million cut in the Medically Needy program that for a decade has helped pay for costly drugs that prevent her body from rejecting a replacement kidney.

The founder of the Florida Transplant Survivors Coalition said the loss of prescription drug subsidies in the Senate budget will force transplant and cancer patients to turn to hospital emergency rooms for help, driving up the cost of medical care for everyone else.

The House budget saves the program, one of many differences in the plans that must be resolved. The proposed House budget is $66.5 billion and the Senate's is $70.1 billion.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/7/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by MsAmen because: I gotta try

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Save your government. Support population control. Drink your cool aid!
The state of Florida is your god now, and a sacrifice is needed. Drink up, don't
worry.
It tastes really good.
edit on 7-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
well keep the status quo and keep paying the same things over and over agian and keep adding more people and increasing the pay of local services.

dont cut increase taxes and dont cut spending the problems still arent solved.

one thing is for sure people do nothing and they go bankrupt you will definately die.

shrink bloated government
stop the manipulation of the dollar
end frivolus lawsuits and regulations that drive up the costs of healthcare

bunch of fear mongers

cutting budgets is meaningless unless the other problems are addressed

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I work hard too, sixty seven hours a week to be exact. I pay taxes at 18% I donate. I live in a state where you plan to retire. Who will care for you when you can no longer care for yourselves? I don’t wipe a** for a living but I work with those that do and I've done it. Why wipe a** when we could flip burgers for the same amount of change. Why should I be spit on and beat teaching your children how to cope with life and promote independence? Let’s put them in private or state funded institutions with minimally paid staff as the insurance companies reap what you sow

"Government Shut Down" you shout " as your bumper sticker reads "Support Our Troops"." Less Government " you say, as the corporate backed politicians you deem worthy to legislate feed both sides of their mouth.

We are in debt, a sinking ship and your teabags amount to icebergs. Go after the criminals within our system not our doctors, nurses, teachers, farmers, the men and women that give their lives for our freedom.

DONT TREAD ON ME

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAmen

I appologize my MODS. I dont frequently thread.

Sincerely,
Pissed On in the Sunshine State
edit on 7-4-2011 by MsAmen because: Its hard to think straight when you've ben blinded by yellow rain.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I know this is hard for alot of people to understand, but health care will get alot cheaper after these old and sick people die. It's a tough pill to swallow but it's in all of our best interests and its really the only way were gonna balance the budget.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wow, Floridian former US Rep Alan Grayson had it right all along.

As he said....The Republican health care plan for America: “don’t get sick.” If you have insurance don’t get sick, if you don’t have insurance, don’t get sick; if you’re sick, don’t get sick. Just don’t get sick. … If you do get sick America, the Republican health care plan is this: “die quickly.”

Oh, wait, they're going to shift the cost to federal and local programs. Then those programs will be cut.....yeah, might as well lie down and die. That way, if you end up in a persistent vegetative state, they'll be sure to keep you alive. Note to self...."Die quickly."

new topics

top topics

join