It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Iron Dome Intercepts first Rocket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
SNIP
Now we need to help Israel build more of these so they can set them up along their entire border

(yes, I did a search and nothing came up)

www.ynetnews.com...

Residents in Ashkelon reported Thursday seeing Israel's new Iron Dome defense system intercept a Grad rocket fired towards the southern city from the Gaza Strip. IDF officials called the interception a "historical moment", saying it was the first of its kind in the world.

Two intercepting missiles were fired at the rocket, but the first succeeded in hitting it, an army official said.
Eyewitnesses told Ynet they saw the rocket explode in midair and realized that the system had intercepted its first rocket.

Moshe Ben Hemo, a resident of Ashkelon, said, "I was in the street and I heard a strange sound, like someone pushing the gas pedal of a car. Then I saw the rocket fly through the air and explode. Immediately I realized that it was Iron Dome, that's what has been said here."

He added that the rocket alert had not been set off. "The rocket was apparently supposed to explode in Ashkelon. In any case I'm glad the system works," he said.

Maybe we should set some Iron Dome missile batteries on our Mexican border but point them down?

edit on 7-4-2011 by Crakeur because: removed pointless hate filled comment

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Would have read your post but the first line gave away your mentality so there was no need to bother.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
they should have done this in the beginning, instead of firing white phosphorous and incinerating hundreds of children.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wow more Muslim Ignorance!!!! Lets learn about religions before talking # about them. i suppose because I am a white, American, Muslim convert... you probably want to kill me too>

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

Those who bless Israel will be blessed, those who curse Israel will be cursed.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It was probably a planned exercise to gain favor of their defense and neg the palestinians. Otherwise known as a 2 for.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Those who bless Israel will be blessed, those who curse Israel will be cursed.

Your funny

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

Notice how as long as this country Helps Israel we are blessed and every policy that is against Israel we have had a major natural disaster.

But hey those who do not believe the statement also believe that they are related to monkeys.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

If they have this kind of technology, why are we spending billions of dollars to help protect them. They can take care of themselves instead of draining the U.S.. Some of the technology they've invented our soldiers are using in Irag and Afghanistan. They invented the gun that shoots around corners for urban warfare.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

when did israel incinerate hundreds of children?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Do you pay American taxes to pay for Israeli defences?
Simple question.
Your statement that we should help them expand along the entire border tells me a lot.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Israel is the biggest terrorist country on the planet. Israel is your daddy. They control the money and your news. It is YOUR fault that you don't know what is going on.
The rabbit hole is deep. Until you begin to explore it, you will continue to believe the lies you have been told.
(Hint: The Israelis are truly the most racist people on the planet. YES, they will incinerate children that they don't believe are "humans" like they ALONE are.)
You, and I, are hostages to the lies.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Now what's the poor Palestinians to do if all Israel has to do now is shoot down the Palestinian missiles.

Now with Israel playing unfair and leaving the Palestinians nothing to do for fun what next for the poor Palestinians.

edit on 7-4-2011 by ANNED because: doabryty

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

The poor Palestinians will cease to exist.
Happy?

(Read something real on this issue, you are being lied to grasshopper.)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

If they have this kind of technology, why are we spending billions of dollars to help protect them. They can take care of themselves instead of draining the U.S.. Some of the technology they've invented our soldiers are using in Irag and Afghanistan. They invented the gun that shoots around corners for urban warfare.

They have this kind of tech because we did fund them with billions of $$$!
The gun that shoots around corners.... that isn't sh*t and nothing to do with justifying your statement.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Israel is a country created by people you will never meet. People you cannot slap in the face even if you wanted to.
After all, who can create a country out of thin air? Most people call them "elites" for lack of a better term.
I just call them criminals.
But, if you are like most people, they own you. They control what you think about, even your perception of them. You don't want to slap them. You want to send them money.
Apparently, because you send them plenty.

Or, you are helpless while they take your money?

So, take your pick. You LOVE Israel and you want to send them money while you gradually descend into poverty. Or, you are helpless while you descend into poverty.

But, blaming the Palestinians whom are just a group of unorganized poor dirt farmers? Against the mighty Israelis?

You DO realize the Israelis are very powerful, perhaps the most powerful country in the world. Or, are you late to this party?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I wonder where the second interceptor rocket landed? Its warhead was probably bigger than those incoming overgrown fireworks.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

I wonder where the second interceptor rocket landed? Its warhead was probably bigger than those incoming overgrown fireworks.
who cares, nothing but sand out there anyways.
Besides, who fired first?
I have no pity for those that throw the first punch and then get owned.
this video is relevant to this subject.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

So because you have a differing opinion with the OP, you decide that a news worthy event is of no importance to you. Thats pretty close minded in my opinion. I also disagree with the OP in the fact that we do not need to help them build more iron domes since we have enough on our plate as it is. However, the fact that Israel has had rockets launced at them countless times, and they implemented a device to protect its people, and the fact that it worked as it should and on the first try none the less is a very significant event, and it is a solid step forward for Israel being able to defend itself like this.
edit on 7-4-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: typo

edit on 7-4-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join