Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

religion search

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Okay guys so I have this theory...I think that there is no perfect religion, and that God's (or Allah's or the something up there) purpose in putting all these religions on Earth is so we can find out for ourselves what is right and wrong about each of them. I believe in some God but not neccesarily one religion in particular. I believe in the search for right/wrong. What do you guys think of my theory? Thanks for any input.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Actually, if you think about it, all of the religions (at least, those I've studied anyway) began with the concept of *something* invisible that made the universe the way it is & had set forth the laws that would keep it working...

Even the earliest (known) religion of Animism pointed to that basic belief. Since then, different cultures & races of people eventually evolved religions into the forms that you see today. In other words, the Supreme One created, humankind just keeps on guessing what was created & why it was created.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This may or may not be my belief I am not sure yet. But a few years ago I came up with a theory that I called knowledge vs. God. In a nutshell it says:
In the beginning man didn't know anything about what was going on around him (or her) so there was a god of everything, ie a god of wind, fire, etc. As man figured out more the number of Gods decreased thus present day. Now most of us believe in one god, be that who it may be. The more people know the less gods (or god they worship).
Just an Idea

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Actually, the basic premise in most of the modern montheistic religions is that earlier religions were wrong for presuming that *everthing* had its own god in it...While the monotheistics figure that more of the reverse is true, that the one god manifests in everything...Even if it's only as a small part of him.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Man put religion here, not God, if there is anything that we do that has to do with God directly, it is Science. The search for him.

Religion is more trying to explain us. Why are we not the blade of grass?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
And what do you know about the whole end of the world thing? I know that in the Bible there is a lot of reference to it in the book of Revelations, some things about "true believers" going directly to heaven, and everybody else left on earth w/ the devil's mark on their heads,for 7 years to try to survive plagues...so what is this all about? I don't think I believe in any of it all too much. And the whole anti-cremation thing about "you must have a body to return to on the last day", yeah, I think that's junky. I'm a veggie eco freak and I think that we came from the earth, and by cremation and scattering of ashes we can return to the earth even more completely. Be one with the cosmos...sorry for the rambling...

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
enigma......

searching is good..........

true, the Bible does tell us that there wont be much faith left in the world toward it's end..........

i dont agree with people when they say """I"" is within me and ""I"" can be as God........
beleiving in yourself is good but not when you put yourself above what is not of your own doing........

top topics

join