It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest hoax ever perpetrated on socuety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The greatest hoax ever perpetrated on society is the belief that we have to do anything of value. We live all of our lives trying to do something of value! We do stuff to impress other people or to male ourselves feel important. We come up with speculative theories to make us seem like we know something about something. We try to pretend we know how the universe works and hope for something to happen that won't. We preach religion and then scream we want freedom! We preach capitalism and then we scream Jesus gave it to us all! We know nothing about anything except about how little we know, if any man thinks he can prove that he knows anything then go ahead.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspiracyisherenow

very well put sir
so much truth to this you dont even know ;D well you do you know ahha XD

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know I don't expect this OP to go over to well. Other than that .......................
2nd

That is all

Trowa
edit on 7/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'd say take up a level.

The hoax is that value is what we are told it is...consumer goods, currency, etc;

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, I can prove that our knowledge is very small compared to what we don't know, which is exactly what you said. That's something we both know.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
We purchase things to make us feel like we have value and
we act like smartasses to make us feel like we have more value than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No just stating that I know for fact that most people on here do not like being told that they are wrong or that they know nothing you just proved my point.
have an S & F

That is all

Trowa

P.S I agree with you ........ to an extent

edit on 7/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add Post Script and spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I love the 'Doom' symbol you have on your avatar!
It is going to be on my neck soon!

Sorry all, unrelated post!
edit on 4/7/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The problem with this post is that it is very generic. YOU keep saying WE do this, WE say that, WE want this....etc....

Who the hell is WE? Are you speaking for everyone on the planet? Everyone at your high school? American's? White people? Catholics? Hippies?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Flea Bites Iron Bull.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The people to whom im talking about know, maybe you should be able to figure that out with all your cleverness.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don't think you know. I think you are just talking about of your butt. Trying to say things you hope other people will like to hear on this forum. Are you one of those people? You must own a computer and pay for internet service right? Or do those material items not count? Of course you are saying WE so I guess you are automatically grouping yourself.

edit on 7-4-2011 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I didn't claim to know anything but that I know nothing, and the last two sentences are not relevant to the discussion at hand.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It's my opinion that the greatest hoax in existence is the corrupt and controlled system created around and for the masses that we are all born and raised into.

if any man thinks he can prove that he knows anything then go ahead.

Good luck discrediting Jordan Maxwell, that's one man who has dissected everything about how society works and where it came from..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't know if it's a conspiracy. I mean, to conspire, you have to have a group, and from the what you posted, all I get from that is you seem to be saying that what we do has to be judged against what someone else deems as being "worthy", but that's like saying recycling is "worthy" cause it keeps the planet green. But it doesn't.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
...a wise man once said: all I know, is that I know nothing!

source

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
"The knowledge is there but very hard to uncover"..

new topics

top topics

join