It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Stanley Kubrick Illuminati Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I was just surfing the web and came across this crazy conspiracy theory.
I am a die hard Kubrick fan and at first I read this for humor, but then as I read more into this it really makes you wonder. There are people out there actually pursuing this idea.
Eyes Wide Shut, while not a box office hit, was a work of genius. I always enjoyed watching this movie especially during the holidays but the scene in the castle seemed a little weird, even out of place. This scene along with many other elements and symbolism of other movies has just fascinated me now.

Here is an interview clip from The Truth Will Set You Free:

While perusing the Jeff Rense-Benjamin Fulford interview transcript I came across the interesting tidbit:

RENSE: What happened to Stanley Kubrick? I don't mean the precise cause of death, but where was he going that got him into trouble with these people?

FULFORD: It was the movie Eyes Wide Shut, exposing the Masonic orgies. They showed that there were people being killed. This is probably based on real events.
I haven't done the proper research, but there is an old man who dies in Eyes Wide Shut. If I'm not mistaken, the man in the movie died exactly the way Stanley Kubrick died in real life, just as he finished the movie.

RENSE: It is also suggested that Kubrick was involved in creating the - at least some hoaxed Apollo moon footage, and knew all about that. His wife has intimated as much since his death.

This is also an interesting point. When I was in art school at SCAD in 1991 I remember the film majors were having a discussion about this very same topic - The Apollo Moon Footage. They all were in the consensus that Kubrick would be the only director who could pull this off. This discussion is what actually got me into watching his movies and looking deeper into them

Another clip from The Truth Will Set You Free:

The strange circumstance of Kubrick's March 7, 1999 death at his home -- and the family refuse to release the exact cause of death other than natural cause (may be sudden cardiac arrest) -- shortly after approving the lock on final cut and before the film was released in theatres in North America and some regions on July 16 provide a new perspective that might explain his reclusive & somewhat eccentric lifestyle beginning in the early 70's and why it led naturally to the subject of his final film.

. . . the appliance of occult symbols in purposefully obscured "satirical context" to accentuate Kubrick's cleverly veiled use of theme on the deadly contagion of mind control, lust, corruption, avarice, deceit, treachery and power vested in the secret society conspiring to swindle, debaunch, brutalize, violate and enslave humanity in Eyes Wide Shut.

In a Cracked article they make a strong 'for' and 'against' argument. The cracked article also has some great picture comparisons that illustrate this point of illuminate symbolism very well.
I have watched all of Kubricks movies and they do have this strange appeal to them that is hard to put your finger on since it embodies several various disciplines at once. He was a creative genius and perfectionist, I will continue to enjoy his movies for years to come whatever the outcome.

The Truth Will Set You Free

Cracked

FF

Stanley Kubrick
July 26, 1928 – March 7, 1999
edit on 4/7/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Sorry if the video doesn't work. It is located in The Truth. . . article.

I can never get them to embed for some reason?!?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
All I have to say is watch Eyes Wide Shut. Kubrick knew something.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just look at some of the movies he wrote the screenplay for:

Eyes Wide Shut
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
2001: A Space Odyssey
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

When looked at from an insiders perspective if you will (that is from the point of view of acknowledging the reality of the Illuminati and his likely involvement with them) the themes, images, and symbology in all of the above movies tell an interesting story.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
hey ante, i went to SCAD too

when i first saw EWS i actually didn't like it very much. now that i'm older it resonates far more powerfully with me, and the ritual scene is one of the wildest scenes ever put to film. it definitely feels like the veil was lifted on something significantly wrong in that sequence.....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
As you said some of the scenes in Eyes Wide Shut seem out of place, it was heavily edited because Kubrick knew too much and was trying to put as much as he possibly could in the movie. There is a guy named Jay Weidner who actually has made a movie (or possibly more) on this very subject.

This is a link of him giving a interview on red ice creations talking about it.
www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by purplehays

Is the uncut version any different? All this talk has gotten me wanting to see the movie and I want to make sure I get the right version.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I'm not sure. I got to believe that the un-cut version will have more in it but I also got to believe that some of what Kubrick shot made its way to the cutting room floor permanently.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Great thread OP. I have to agree Kubrick was one of the most brilliant Film makers ever. His style was definitely unique and I didn't like EWS at first but after watching it a few more times I appreciate it more. I do think he was attempting to show some of the lesser knowns of the Illuminati as his final "Hoorah".

Still my 2 favourites of his are

2001 - Absolutely Brilliant

The Shinning - one of Jacks best movies.

I think it's the tempo of his movies that draws you in. Take 2001 for instance, the first 20 minutes or so has only images and music to tell the story of our evolution from apes. Quite ingenious.

RIP Mr. Kubrick

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
OP read more on this and you'll find that TPTB killed him over releasing Eyes Wide Shut, Hence the title... He was part of the Spiritual Branch of the Illuminati were a human sacraficed is required to envoke certain interdimentional beings...

If you don't believe its ok... many people don't know that using this exact method, Enginered WW 2 with the Nazi Occult and certain leaders of the Regime...

Anyways... happy hunting

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies.

I am now wondering if a directors cut even exists. Usually when an artist such as Kubrick directs a film he does the cutting as the movie is made. I heard he made Tom C. do some 5 minute scenes 20-30 times until he was satisfied with them. This is why it takes Kubick so long to make a film. The finished product is the finished product. It would be like Picasso or Dali painting over extra stuff they had painted in their paintings. Then after the painting is shown they would come back and scrape paint off to show us the rest of what was done.

The other part of the EWS that bothered me was that the doctor friend of his, who threw the initial party (girl with heroin overdose) and revealed the so called truth to him in the end, was portrayed in such a way to as to make us suspicious. I got a great feeling of deception from the way this actor played the part, Kubrick would have picked up on this in a second, so I feel it was intentional.
In The Shinning the whole movie was like a ritual killing: the stranger (the cook), the mother and the son. Since it dealt with possession the killer (the father) becomes a tool used to carry it out the killing and not just a murderer.
I want to watch Lolita again now, for I haven't watched this one in years and that also deals with a very odd topic - child molestation or statutory rape as we now call it.
Funny all his movies, as diverse as they are, still seem to resonate the same symbolic themes. In A Clockwork Orange the lead character - a rapist, sadist and psychopath is given the elitist quality of loving Beethoven and ultimately getting away with murder through perversion of the system.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ante - it's funny you mention how the doctor friend character bothered you.. what's strange and possibily supportive of your theory is the guy playing him is a film director primarily, an actor infrequently. you may be onto something......

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is an old essay I wrote on this topic.

Truth has not a chance to prevail in this era of EYES WIDE SHUT.
The time predicted in the occult classic Eyes Wide Shut by the late director Stanley Kubrick.

Many people speculate that Mr. Kubrick’s untimely death after he made Eyes wide shut had to do with the content of the movie. His displaying the occult sexual magick rituals of the elite rulers of the world may have caused these occultist to have done in Mr. Kubrick. This just may be the case, but not for the reasons mentioned above: that being the elite having a serious problem with Kubrick revealing their sex secrets, but in fact Kubrick revealing something much more subtle, pernicious and awful.

Indeed what Kubrick was telling us was much more subtle and underneath the theme of the movie, but interestingly the very title of the movie gives us a huge hint of what he was revealing. To understand this point in context though one has to look at the history and themes of Kubrick’s past movies and their relationship to the popular culture.

Starting with the 50’s classic “The Killing” a gritty crime drama that captured the environment of the criminal element in modern society as Kubrick was so adept at in his realistic portrayals of life. This theme of crime continued in Kubrick’s repertoire in another classic “A Clockwork Orange” done in 1971 16 years after “The Killing”. Both drama’s as noted emphasized crime in modern society, the killing a tale about robbery and the criminal underground and Clockwork a more updated tale of not only crime but the kinds of crimes that are relative to the Charles Manson and spree killers of our time.

The themes in these two movies seem to be portents by Kubrick of a coming era were such crime and types of crimes as in Clockwork will be rampant and pervade American society. Certainly such a criminal element was around at the time that Kubrick made these movies, but the degree certainly was not as extensive as it would become.

Similarly as in two other Kubrick classic’s “Dr Strangelove in 1964 and “2001Space Odyssey” in 1968 we have portents of the Star Wars, Star Trek syndrome in the case of 2001, and the macho “nuke em” mentality of a certain type of American patriot in Dr Strangelove.

Indeed notwithstanding the genius in Mr. Kubrick, we may have here a pattern of not only unique talent and insight, but if we look closely some kind of pre-knowledge or prescience of Kubrick that indicates he may have been tapped into some occult thought stream, if not being a secret adept himself dedicated to revealing to us through the popular entertainment vehicle of movies the plans that the elite have for molding society to their desires.

Now we return to the subject of “Eyes Wide Shut” which may have been Kubrick’s swan song or his final clarion call to us about the plans of these supposed secret elites. Indeed we know that openly the movie frames itself around the tale of a young yuppie middle class Doctor stumbling across the sexual magick rituals of the powerful elite, and their reaction to that, and the extent they will go to in covering up their tracks, which includes murder. Also as some commentator’s have mentioned, there is a powerful theme of sex slavery brainwashing (ala’ MK Ultra) in the drama as well.

www.konformist.com...

All of the above may certainly have some basis in reality. But the contention here is that if that be the case, such things are peripheral to the real dangerous message that underlies the movie. And which may have caused Kubrick his life. Kubrick in this regard did a masterful job of diverting attention from the major hidden message of the movie with all the common man vs. the mysterious elite motif, and the sex magick theme, but do we really think they would kill him over that? That’s nothing new, secret or particularly ominous considering what we know of the elite today and what they know we know of them.So if we dismiss the obvious but yet still see something very ominous in the movie then I contend that Mr. Kubrick very brazenly put his message not only underneath the theme of the movie but had the audacity to put the essence of the message in the title itself, EYES WIDE SHUT.

As a man who obviously in his movies predicted the coming sub-cultural thinking patterns of American society . . . this time he went too far with Eyes Wide Shut.

In portending rampant crime, the space age, the American patriot, those were more or less innocent or expected cultural phenomena, but in Kubrick predicting or revealing the era of Eyes Wide Shut, now that may have been going too far. For what Kubrick did was to tell us that in a few years the mass media in conjunction with the elite would begin the final strangulation or usurpation of the minds and hearts of this civilization by bringing in a period that can only be described as a new dark ages. Indeed, perhaps beginning in the horrors of 911, where practically the entire world would be blinded by the obvious satanic fraud wrought on the populace with the ridiculous spectacle of buildings disintegrating before our eyes and being given no reasonable explanation why this happened but yet everyone through ignorance, media hype and brainwashing are told what to believe and what happened, and lo and behold, most have been hoodwinked.
EYES WIDE SHUT

The era of EYES WIDE SHUT is simply put . . . a time when adult human beings will be told and shown blatant lies and absurdities that in ordinary times a child could see through.

The Iraq war, 911, Katrina, and many other instances that try the credulity of intelligent people.

Eyes Wide Shut

We see, but don’t see

edit on 8-4-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

The era of EYES WIDE SHUT is simply put . . . a time when adult human beings will be told and shown blatant lies and absurdities that in ordinary times a child could see through. The Iraq war, 911, Katrina, and many other instances that try the credulity of intelligent people. Eyes Wide Shut We see, but don’t see

Brilliant! The curtain not only was pulled back on the practices but also the way that society as a whole has been manipulated. It amazes me that more people don't see through the lies that even "a child could see through" when it is so blatant. They don't even bother to come up with good lies anymore because everybody's eyes are shut, while still most labor under the impression that their eyes are open. I recently read something on BeforeItsNews "bombshell-muslims were responsible for Oklahoma City." Really? Seriously? Excellent essay.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

There is no doubt that there is some kind of occult force going on, least of all powerful psychological programming on a massive scale. The elite are doing more than having sex orgies!

I feel strongly that Kubrick knew something about this and revealed it in that movie.

He was likely an insider and when you are an insider you obey or you get taken care of, like they took care of that piano player in the movie.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yeah, because an old man dying of apparent "natural causes" at the prime young age of 71 is so mysterious....

The movie is based upon and about secret societies. A five minute google search would have uncovered everything Kubrick needed to put the expected imagery behind this kind of storyline. This is what I find so ironic about these types of threads. Let me give you another example.... Let's say you are watching a movie about the Iraq war. Wouldn't you expect the storyline to include actual imagery and storyline facts that are indicative of what audiences would expect to relate with Iraq and the war? Of course... It wouldn't make any sense to make a movie about the Iraq war, but have the imagery be non-identifiable or inconsistent with the storyline...

Why expect "Eyes Wide Shut" to be any different? Kubrick being the talented director & producer he was would have most assuredly invested in this type of research and storyline building. So why think its so bloody mysterious?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

A five minute google search would have uncovered everything Kubrick needed to put the expected imagery behind this kind of storyline. This is what I find so ironic about these types of threads.

In theory I would potentially agree with you. In theory. Lets look at it in context though.

Release date July 16 1999

February 6th 1998: The longest film shoot in modern movie history has officially ended. Columnist Army Archerd reports Stanley Kubrick called it a wrap on "Eyes Wide Shut'' on January 31, almost 15 months after production began. Kubrick now begins post-production, and Warner Bros. brass can only hope he cuts faster than he shoots, because the studio is anticipating a holiday release for the Tom Cruise-Nicole Kidman
picture.

15 months shooting would have placed it starting production at the end of 1996. The screenplay would have been written before production started. So let's just say the beginning to mid 1996 though likely it was written earlier than that.

Originally the search engine used the Stanford website with the domain google.stanford.edu. The domain google.com was registered on September 15, 1997. They formally incorporated their company, Google Inc., on September 4, 1998 at a friend's garage in Menlo Park, California..By the end of 1998, Google had an index of about 60 million pages.[19] The home page was still marked "BETA", but an article in Salon.com already argued that Google's search results were better than those of competitors like Hotbot or Excite.com, and praised it for being more technologically innovative than the overloaded portal sites (like Yahoo!, Excite.com, Lycos, Netscape's Netcenter, AOL.com, Go.com and MSN.com)

Okay so allowing for your use of "Google" as the generic for "search engine" the world wide web, which is what all of us use for gathering information today was in existence at that time but far less far-reaching than it is today:

By the end of 1994, while the total number of websites was still minute compared to present standards, quite a number of notable websites were already active, many of which are the precursors or inspiration for today's most popular services.

Some of these notable sites like Lycos and Yahoo were founded in 1994 and hadn't even met a small percentage of their current potential by 1996.

Also taking into consideration that the vast majority of the public were not "connected" to each other in the same way as we are today and the fact that, though conspiracy theories and information on the Illuminati and their occult predilictions were around (David Icke published "And the Truth Shall Set You Free" in 1995, William Cooper published "Behold a Pale Horse" in 1991) they certainly weren't popular enough or disseminated enough (Youtube wasn't invented until 2005 for instance) that the majority of the American movie going public would expect those kind of occultic/sexual themes to be a part of something on secret societies much less think to connect them to the elite to the point where Kubrick had to include the symbology to make it more "realistic" in order to conform to the public's expectations. Though he most certainly did his research.

So, while you have a good point in theory, in this case I think you are a bit off in your supposition. Because of this I am also going to guess that you were a just a kid in the mid to late 1990s and aren't much older than your mid to early 20's currently and don't have a real good memory much before our current information saturated age where one site states that there are 266,848,493 websites and another states that Googles index numbers are in the "tens of billions." That's a far cry from the 6 million it indexed at the end of 1998.

However, beyond that, your point is well taken that there is nothing terrifically mysterious about a man dying in his early 70's (unless he was really healthy-not sure of his physical state at the time of death.)

edit on 8-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: Last sentences

edit on 8-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: website info

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Okay, since you suggested it...I'm in the spirit for research. Always one to support looking into the facts!!!

So, as you mentioned... Stanley Kubrick adapted the Screenplay for Eyes Wide Shut in 1996. It is dated 8/4/96 which means it was likely written in the months prior. It is up for speculation on how long it took them to adapt the screenplay. Could have been months or years.

Eyes Wide Shut Screenlay

However, if you read closely....I said the screenplay was adapted. The original story was written in 1926 by Arthur Schnitzler. It was called Traumnovelle...or Dream Story in the English translation.

Traumnovelle

It is clear from the original story where the main storyline from Kubrick's screenplay came from. Again, nothing mysterious or ground-breaking... Especially considering Europe is well-known for the rich engaging in sexual orgies. Remember, too, that Europe looks at nudity and sex much more openly than Americans.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Okay, since you suggested it...I'm in the spirit for research. Always one to support looking into the facts!!!

So, as you mentioned... Stanley Kubrick adapted the Screenplay for Eyes Wide Shut in 1996. It is dated 8/4/96 which means it was likely written in the months prior. It is up for speculation on how long it took them to adapt the screenplay. Could have been months or years.

Eyes Wide Shut Screenlay

However, if you read closely....I said the screenplay was adapted. The original story was written in 1926 by Arthur Schnitzler. It was called Traumnovelle...or Dream Story in the English translation.

Traumnovelle

It is clear from the original story where the main storyline from Kubrick's screenplay came from. Again, nothing mysterious or ground-breaking... Especially considering Europe is well-known for the rich engaging in sexual orgies. Remember, too, that Europe looks at nudity and sex much more openly than Americans.

Whoa. Nice research! I loved his movies and have keen interest in many of his storylines and feel I'm fluent with much of his work. (Albeit more so from a technical film making perspective as an editor.) But I never realized EWS was adapted as a screenplay from a prior work.

Strange but true story, I was up late one night and watched it on cable. At the end I had this strange epiphany of sorts and the ENTIRE premise of the movie made profound sense to me. Like an A ha moment. When I awoke the next morning, I couldn't remember my keen insight. I was not drunk or on drugs. The movie creeps me out in places to this day. Perhaps subliminal audio? Bizarre.
edit on 8-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Doh! I almost put that in about the adapted novel but didn't think it ultimately relevant because the thrust of Kubrick's revelations were more about the Occult symbolism and rituals used not the orgies/nudity. Yes, yes, the Nazi's and their precursors were into the occult into the '30's and Traumnovelle is Austrian. But your point as I read it was more about the simplicity of being able to dig up that information for realism to show a movie to an audience that largely had no expectations that it should include this or that for the purposes of accuracy. My response therefore was about the state of information dissemination in the mid-90's. Dang it. now I've got to watch a movie and read an obscure book from the '20s.
edit on 8-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join