It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light in Earthquake and power outage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just saw this and thought you guys may enjoy picking it apart.

-E-
edit on 7-4-2011 by MysterE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
this is already being covered in multiple other threads...if u even looked at the recent threads you would have noticed...let alone if you used the search function...regardless it was more or likely a substation blowing out as they've got a lot of power outages over there now

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Transformers ,
Robots in disguise
edit on 7-4-2011 by 12voltz because: of the shakin

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Thank you for you condescending reply. I don't frequent this site much anymore since the format change. Are all new members as classy as you? If so perhaps I will just stay away.

-E-

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Wow....you're such a d*ckhead...no need to be so rude

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

That wasnt very nice you should just comment on the thread not talk rubbish to make yourself feel better.
The light is strange and most probably a ufo

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No don't go away. we are all not as classy as that fellow. The jerks seem to be growing but those of us that get it leaving only benefits them and keeps them in the dark. don't run from the jerk just ignore him otherwise the bullies run the play structure. and just because something has been posted doesn't mean a new thread can't go in a diff direction. maybe the other ones were ruined and became arguments like all of the GOOD ones are prone to do. hmmmm it may be time for a sheeple thread haha. Keep up the good specualation Namaste. Oh yeah: DON'T LEAVE

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatifitweretrue

The light is strange and most probably a ufo

I'm curious about your statement. How do you draw that conclusion?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Those flashes are caused by swinging power lines that touch each other...I've seen this during the Northridge Quake back in 94'...Kinda freaky if you don't know what it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

As I stated in another thread, this looks to be a power substation going out. At 0:26, you can see the buildings on the right hand side all lose lighting.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Yeah, as others have said, it looks an awful lot like transformers blowing. Seen it many times as a so cal native.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
cant imagine how bright it was if u were close

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
As another poster said, please don't leave because of someone being rude....it happens a lot unfortunately.....but just IGNORE their post. Don't even respond to it. That's what I do. I don't know why some people attack someone that way for no reason at all....but that just shows how immature and ignorant they are. Carry on! **salutes you**

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think it's "Earthquake lights". It happens quite often durin large earthquakes.

When quartz is squeezed is lets out energy. This results in piezoeletric discharge. Looks alot like ball lightning.

Basically a light emitted into the sky that looks prety much identical to this. Cool effect ay!!

Here's some more info - Earthquake lights. Its hardly an official source, but the info is pretty much spt on

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thank everyone who posted for their kind words. I have always held the members here in a higher regard then other websites I am a member of because of the exceptional decorum. It is good to see that for the most part that hasn't changed!

See you all around!

-E-

top topics

join