It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think someone has already said it but it was during the shooting of the footage below that king tuts DNA was accidentally released. Analysis of the computerised DNA sequencing led to the map being generated.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

So your saying atlantis was a bridge-continent between the americas and euro-africa-asia?

Maybe its greenland and iceland then or perhaps bermuda-to-azores???

I still think atlantis is probably north america(and perhaps central and south america) because plato said "bigger than europe and asia combined". The past two examples are SMALLER than europe and asia combined!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

@ LUXUS

Ok, thanks for the info. Maybe the Celtic grail and the Christian grail are unrelated. I can't say I'm well versed in Celtic Mythology. So maybe unrelated, but you do know that I was saying that the Grail is not a cup, but a bloodline, right?

The thing about myth and legend is they are often based on factual data or real experiences, but then added to over the years and things altered or lost in translation or original meanings lost or popular ideas of the day added, perhaps many times to the original story, etc... hence the reason for the myth of magic or the legend of fire breathing dragons, etc...

Just imagine if you were trying to describe some technology that you had no knowledge of, you would probably call it magic back in those days. So I do agree with you that earlier myths and legends could be based on an older technology, from some ancient civilization that is now lost to us and the writers of same couldn't understand or interpret properly.

So who knows, maybe Excalibur did come from Atlantis, if there was an Excalibur. But keep in mind that there have been many other ancient civilizations, other than Atlantis, that have been on this planet in our long ago past.

Oops, sorry meant to reply to LUXUS in this post. Just joined the site and getting used to things around here.
edit on 8-4-2011 by starborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgrammaman
what a wonderful story, unfortunately im having trouble believing the irish are desended from an advanced civilisation knowing that scousers are desended from the irish, for the americans on here yes that would be 99.99% of you, scousers are generally based in and around liverpool in england, anyway advanced civilisation they are not, i think you might be in the wrong part of the water try in and around santarini in the med

ha ha! Knowing part of my wifes family is part irish and both her and them are completely and utterly nuts I also have trouble believing that the irish are descended from an advanced civilisation, unless they were created by an advanced civilisation as part of some sort of hard fighting/hard drinking/labour force. Thats more believable.
I do respect the OP though its a fascinating theory.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by starborn

The emythology of the name is some what confusing for it is also said that the Welsh name for Excalibur was Caladvwlch, equating linguistically with Irish Caladbolg, the name of a sword borne by heroes in Irish legend, derived from CALAD (hard) and BOLG (lightning). It goes with a story in which the sword is struck by lighting just as the (elven) smith takes it out of the water after its final heating. Caladbolg is also known as the sword of the Welsh legend Cu Chullain (see 'Morrigan' and 'Celtic literature' in the celtic section). Caliburn is also supposed to be the old Welsh name for the sword, which was later transformed to 'Excalibur' by French poets like Chretien de Troyes. It is supposed to mean 'Cuts steal'.

www.missgien.net...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee

ha ha! Knowing part of my wifes family is part irish and both her and them are completely and utterly nuts I also have trouble believing that the irish are descended from an advanced civilisation, unless they were created by an advanced civilisation as part of some sort of hard fighting/hard drinking/labour force. Thats more believable.

oh yes were all knuckle dragging, alchoholic nutjobs over here. doesnt say much for you mate you married her lol.
edit on 8-4-2011 by truthseeker10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Google Hy-Brasil

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Thanks for the info. But all I was trying to say is how do you know all those old legends are real? They could be based on older true stories, perhaps, but been altered so much from the originals that they now bear little resemblance to the original story.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Great reply.

History shows that there was contact with America before Columbus. There is not doubt in my mind that Atlantis is the Americas.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

They brought the spear of Lugh which would be later be better known as the spear of destiny.

They brought the cauldron of Dagda which would later be known as the holy grail.

OP I have Thought with all the Mystic Mystery's of Ireland People that im part of
as another part that is Spiritual

Isnt the Holy Grail. is a Bloodline ( literally) not a Object ? We know for sure it not that
encrusted Gem & Jeweled Metal cup some People think ! Used by a Below Middle
class Carpenter & his Followers ! for a Pretend cannibalism ritual I think not..

Now the Story of Excalibur and Legend of it Cutting thing like Butter
The Sword of Sharpness with a 10+ Rating in Dungeons & Dragons Game Terms (TSR)

with magical properties that only that can detect its Bloodline owner thought DNA !
Sound so Alien to me ! Hight tech ! Tho I as the Roman Descent King Arther
may of been ..one of their descendants aka bloodline DNA detection

Spear of Destiny Hmm you never know as Rome occupied the area
Then it make you wonder why Rome didn't invade Ireland but we all know that the
descendants of Rome (Britain ) did in the 17th century ...

it may be Possible of the Spear Head somehow came to Rome
Except the Spear Look a lot like a Roman and why did Roman Solider had it in his possession

Just Speculating my thoughts here as cant confirm anything on the Table ! LOL

also Ive Herd of one of the Lost Tribe of the Hebrews
the DAN Clan that has been Mix with the Celtic People

Tho also I heard there a Spot near Gibraltar that's claimed to be Atlantis
Dont forget the SEA PEOPLE

I would think that this High Tech Race of People Mixed In and Branched off to many Tribes
of the Celts, Norse, Germanic, and way down to Roman & Greek
and they may be known as GODS from those Branches

It reminds me of the Movie OUTLANDER ... How True could that be !

edit on 8-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I have to post this link again. Great information concerning Atlantis, the knights templar, Bacon, Columbus, and the truth behind Atlantis.video.google.com...#

Google Video Link
Grab some popcorn.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10

oh yes were all knuckle dragging, alchoholic nutjobs over here. doesnt say much for you mate you married her lol.
edit on 8-4-2011 by truthseeker10 because: (no reason given)

I know lol but my god they're fiery and if your all like that how could you ever get organised?
I was drawn to her fiery 1/4 irish personality like a moth to a flame thats why I married her

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

That's easily the most ignorant and offensive post I've read all day.

A labor force? Reducing any nation to such is no better than mindset of the globalists and eugenicists.

Besides, you clearly know nothing of our rich culture and sacred ancient history. If you did, you won't have posted such an uninformed response. Look beyond stereotyping. Furthermore, educate yourself.

• Who founded modern day chemistry? An Irish man.
  • Who invented color photography? An Irish man.
  • Who established the first transatlantic calls? An Irish man.
  • Who cured leprosy? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the modern tractor? An Irish man.
  • Who launched the first submarine? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the armored tank? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the guided missile? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the ejector seat? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the apparatus for whiskey distillation? An Irish man.

Do you not read? Do you not know of George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, Oscar Wilde or James Joyce?

Pure and utter unforgivable ignorance on your part.

That being said, our true merit is to be found in our ancient history to which the OP has essentially alluded.

EDIT: I just noticed that you're English. How on earth can you have such a neanderthal concept of the Irish when you're but a channel of water across from us? It seems to me that you're cultivating the outmoded British imperialistic attitude towards us uncivilized savages of the emerald isle. I feel sorry for you. You're truly unaware of your own bigotry.
edit on 8/4/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Hmmm interesting around this claimed Atlantis is as it looks like Fresh Anew Smoothy around this Underwater island ! I see no Ridges Tectonic plate Expandable Earth growth Stretch ? but there is Ridges near Britain & Near Iceland that follows along to Ireland then it goes Smooth a fresh Spot all around this underwater land mass as to me it Means one thing Land mass did sink ? from a sink hole ? It would be interesting to see if there anything hollow along the underwater mass From this Pic it looks all Smooth

Considering that with the knowledge of modern technology and the claim Alantians were a high tech race

what ways could we sink a Large Island ? Nuclear ? Quake ? ..

If you look at Alantis (Tir NA N' OG ) fits perfectly with Ireland & Britain does it not SO where is the Stretch ridges ?
The Under land mass is what im talking about not the Actual Island of Briton & Ireland

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

That's easily the most ignorant and offensive post I've read all day.

A labor force? Reducing any nation to such is no better than mindset of the globalists and eugenicists.

Besides, you clearly know nothing of our rich culture and sacred ancient history. If you did, you won't have posted such an uninformed response. Look beyond stereotyping. Furthermore, educate yourself.

• Who founded modern day chemistry? An Irish man.
  • Who invented color photography? An Irish man.
  • Who established the first transatlantic calls? An Irish man.
  • Who cured leprosy? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the modern tractor? An Irish man.
  • Who launched the first submarine? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the armored tank? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the guided missile? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the ejector seat? An Irish man.
  • Who invented the apparatus for whiskey distillation? An Irish man.

Do you not read? Do you not know of George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, Oscar Wilde or James Joyce?

Pure and utter unforgivable ignorance on your part.

That being said, our true merit is to be found in our ancient history to which the OP has essentially alluded.

Wow!
I was only having a little bit of a crac! bustin some balls as they say in the US. There's always one person who gets sensitive about a misinterpreted comment, if I was really tryting to be offensive I would have said you were a bunch of bog trotting, horse nicking gypsies but I haven't. Im english and theres plenty thats said thats negative (and true) about the english but i'm not crying about it. I apologise if I offended you but I was having a little bit of banter about my family's irish heridetery which I married into if you actually read my post. Now get off your high horse, have a drink and relax. Other wise trawl through every ATS post ever posted and correct every racially, stereotypical misguided post with a thought provoking and morally high grounded comment about the marvellous history of the offended and downtrodden populous...or something. Sorry anyway.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

if I was really tryting to be offensive I would have said you were a bunch of bog trotting, horse nicking gypsies but I haven't.

But you just did.

I apologise if I offended you but I was having a little bit of banter about my family's irish heridetery which I married into if you actually read my post.

Ah, I see. I'm fond of throwing the following maxims in when engaging my English friends in 'a little bit of banter'.

A pirate spreading misery and ruin over the face of the ocean.
Thomas Jefferson on England.

I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire, God would never trust an Englishman in the dark
- Duncan Spaeth

Paralytic sycophants, effete betrayers of humanity, carrion-eating servile imitators, arch-cowards and collaborators, gang of women-murderers, degenerate rabble, parasitic traditionalists, playboy soldiers, conceited dandies.
- East German Communist Party's approved terms of abuse in 1953 for East German speakers when describing Britain

Oh, what fun we're having.

@OP: Not sure if this was answered but can anyone clarify if any prior expeditions have been lead to the Faroe Islands and how deep would one have to travel to encounter potential artifacts?

edit on 8/4/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As said the Tuatha de danna first travelled to Scotland before crossing the Irish sea and finally settling in Ireland. There are signs in Scotland of some type of ancient battle which took place using high technology, the granite rocks were literally melted by the heat of whatever took place, traces of Atlantean high technology?

When Arthur C Clarke was interviewed by the Guardian in 2004 he was asked what he thought was the biggest mystery that he had encountered. He replied: "The oddest thing is these vitrified forts in Scotland. I just thought, how the hell? After all, lasers were not common in the Stone Age." There are around 100 vitrified forts around the world, with over half in Scotland. They were built on strategic locations, and the stones were heated to such high temperatures that they fused together. When Clarke’s team tried to recreate the vitrification process they concluded that the amount of heat needed to vitrify rocks was equivalent to an atomic bomb. The ancient Indian epic, The Mahabharata, gives very precise details of "flying machines" that were used by the Indians thousands of years ago. They travelled great distances, and tellingly, these flying machines were said to possess incredibly powerful firearms. The epic explains a hideous war that took place between the Indians and the Atlanteans, possessors of flying machines. They both used weapons of destruction, The Mahabharata notes: "[the weapon was] a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe. An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death." In other words, they had firearms with the power of an atomic bomb. Enough to vitrify stones. Is it possibly that the vitrified forts of Scotland are the remnants of some cataclysmic war between the Indians and the Atlanteans, a war that wiped out all traces except for the remains of the forts?

heritage.scotsman.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

You don't seem to be relying on any sources that are credible here. I'm not a debunker of things Atlantis, however I do have a rather vested interest in the Tuatha de Dannan and Tuatha de Doman.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Actually there is more evidence to show that the genetic relationship between Egyptians and Irish is explained by the Irish being partially descended from the Egyptians, not the other way around. Look at the Queen Scota legend for example.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The only way to know for sure is to a dive so...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join