It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
reply to post by Blue Shift

personally i think it's under the ice of antarctica. or if not atlantis, one of the fabled lost civilizations, my darling.

Oh but now your talking about HYPERBOREA !

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Great thread mate - you should check out the work of Michael Tsarion. He is the champion of research such as what you have reported in this thread. He will fill in your theory nicely.

I must admit that i have always looked at that underwater island you highlighted in your OP as a possible Atlantis location (based on my studying the research of Michael Tsarion).

I have a weird little addition to your theory too. Hollywood and the like often drip feed us clues to certain things, and video games are no exception. If you have ever heard of the video game, Fable? It is an Xbox 360 title. The game is set in the fictiocious land of Albion, and long story short, i feel that it is a window in to Atlantis. A vision of our past.

If you ask me, Atlantis was where the 'Royal Monarchs' stem from. All the royalty of England and surrounding areas are an Atlantis bloodline. I have no proof of this, only intuition.

Anyway, the theory of (European/African) civilization coming from the WEST (sunken Atlantis off Irish coast) is spot on in my opinion.

Asia/Eastern/Pacific civilization (including native American indian -North and South- tribes) stem from Mu in the Pacific. IMO anyway (i have researched this topic HEAVILY)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Og in Irish means Young, so Tir na nOg means Land of the Young, not land of Og, because people never got old there. The story goes that Oisin fell in love with a princess, Niamh, from Tir na nOg, and went back with her, but could never return home because time travels quicker. Eventually Oisin got homesick, and Niamh let him return home, on the condition that he stayed on the horses back and didn't let his feet touch the ground. When Oisin got back he found that hundreds of years had passed on Earth/Ireland, and all his ancestors were dead, and the people were weak. He saw two men struggling with a boulder and tried to help them, but the stirrup broke and he fell off the horse, touching the ground and immediately aging by hundreds of years. The horse galloped off back to Tir na nOg.

For me, if your thinking along the lines of ancient astronaut theory, and take out the exagerration as happens with myths, the story fits in, with a native travelling with the ancient astronauts, seeing as time moves slower for the people inside a vehicle travelling at or closer than the speed of light, and time on earth would have advanced by hundreds of years.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

If you ask me, Atlantis was where the 'Royal Monarchs' stem from. All the royalty of England and surrounding areas are an Atlantis bloodline. I have no proof of this, only intuition.

Anyway, the theory of (European/African) civilization coming from the WEST (sunken Atlantis off Irish coast) is spot on in my opinion.

Asia/Eastern/Pacific civilization (including native American indian -North and South- tribes) stem from Mu in the Pacific. IMO anyway (i have researched this topic HEAVILY)

The image of poseidon in my original post is from the Vatican map room, the image bellow from an old map shows the same but it makes it clearer exactly who poseidon if delivering safely across the sea, royal blood (note the crown)!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
The image of poseidon in my original post is from the Vatican map room, the image bellow from an old map shows the same but it makes it clearer exactly who poseidon if delivering safely across the sea, royal blood (note the crown)!!

Nice find - i haven't seen that before. Really interesting addition to my gut feelings. I mean, the Kings and Queen sof Atlantis would logically settle in England wouldn't they. Ireland would be considered to close to the past tragedy to be deemed safe at the time, so move further inland where you can be sure you are safe. I mean if your entire homeland go destroyed and sunk by (what i consider was) an EPIC tsunami that literally covered the island, then you would be super careful about where you relocate....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

While this is a very "interesting" theory, I hate to tell you that a lot of the things which you say about the Tuatha de Dannan is well off the mark. I am assuming you used a site like www.timelessmyths.com... rather than some primary source material.

For example Mannan macLir was not the "patron god" of the Tuatha. The Tuatha as such were the pre-Christian Irish "Gods" or many of their number were (viz Lugh, An Dagda, An Morrigan, etc). Similarly the "hallows' (four treasures) of the Tuatha are common to many other Indo-European peoples mythologies.

I think that this is the point. The Myth of Atlantis can be traced to another Indo-European people (The Greeks). Linguistically and culturally there are similarities which can be drawn between all the Indo-European speaking peoples. The Gaels and the Greeks are two such peoples. Indeed there is a well known academic discipline known as Comparative Mythology. Don't even get me started on the Y-chromosome information (I am a bioinformatician)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've herd about this before but didn't think it was referred to as Atlantis... If i remember I will get back to ya...

Hy Brasil... that was drivin me nuts...

edit on 7-4-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: A_HA

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Your post makes no sense whatsoever. Yous needs to learns engleesh!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Great thread! I've always thought that Atlantis was around the British Isles.

When the great North American ice sheet started melting it formed a huge inland sea held back by a natural ice dam. When the water finally melted its way through the ice dam, a massive tsunami resulted which would have decimated coastlines in Great Britain, Europe, the Mediterranean and Africa and drastically raised ocean levels world wide. If Atlantis existed where you say it did. It would have bore the brunt of it which would make sense according to the legend.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Holy # best thread ever. This is correct imo.

Star and whateva.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Uhhhh heh.

Atlantis is in my back yard.

or antartica.

I had a dream about the deluge one time.

When i woke up i realized my dream was right.
edit on 7-4-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You should check out Edgar Cayce's readings...

He spoke about Og in great detail, although a bit cryptic. According to him, Og and Atlantis are distinctly different. It sounds more like you may have found Og, but not Atlantis.

Love your post, but I need a lot more to convince me. Cayce has been spot on in a lot of cases, so I would recommend checking out some of the readings.

www.esoterism.ro...

The above link is a good snapshot of several bits about Og from across many readings.

S&F

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
Excellent piece OP, intriguing to say the least,

That would explain a lot about Finn McCool's origins

edit on 7-4-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)
That was the oddest way of telling a legend but i loved it!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Maybe its actually this;
www.newscientist.com...

BRYAN LOVELL likes to show his fellow geologists an image of a network of river valleys. "I ask them where they think this might be on Earth," he says. It is, as you probably guessed, a trick question. The river valleys are in the North Sea, north of Scotland, beneath a kilometre of water and a further 2 kilometres of sediment.

The sea floor here has been slowly sinking ever since it formed. Yet 55 million years ago, something very strange happened. In a geological blink of an eye the sea floor was thrust upwards nearly a kilometre, until it was high and dry above the waves. It remained above the sea for about a million years, long enough for rainwater to carve deep valleys. Then it sank down again. It all happened astonishingly fast.

Image of the location,
www.newscientist.com...

Edit to add,

I quoted some of the article for you, but I cant link directly to it, you have to register, (not subscribe) to read the rest of the article. New Scientist is one of my favorite magazines, but they are crazy selfish with their content.

There is also this, however, more in line with the Irish theory.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's a landscape no human has even seen. And those who live right beside it had no idea it even existed.

Deep below the sea, off the north coast of Northern Ireland, a dramatic geological mystery has been discovered.

Huge cliffs, vast basins and plateaus, a lake and even rivers have been found. But so far no-one is certain what caused them to end up like this deep under the sea.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Has anyone watched Eric the Viking? Hy brazil was in the film. It sank when blood was spilt on the island.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Interesting concept

In regard to further analysis of the area and sea floor, i found an expedition with lots of information on the sea floor around that area.

It mainly focuses on the northern tip of the area you are referring to. It is a long Pdf but has images from echo sounding and topography. The actual purpose of this expedition was unrelated to this particular theory but it gives us a look at the ocean floor around that area.

JNCC Survey Report

www.lophelia.org...

On page 28 of the report there are some underwater mounds that stood out to me and although they may have been the result of volcanic activity in the past it is worth having a look at

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/558d78cedf13.jpg[/atsimg]

Courtesy Page 28 - JNCC Survey Report

There is also a clip from a 1973 TOW Survey of this area (placemarked) -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a6c94965626.jpg[/atsimg]

If you want to have a look on Google Earth yourself remember to turn on the Ocean features.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I thought there was a documentary saying that they think they might have found Atlantis on the coast of Spain near Cadiz. But then yet again, Atlantean theories will forever be mysteries, lets just see what life has in store for us hahah!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Very good post Luxus, but I totally agree with sonofthelawofone E. Casey and Og may have been have been an Atlantean colony like what I think the structures found in the caribbean are or it maybe something all by itself. I do believe that ancient britons were descendants of Atlantis because it would make things like stonehenge and other mounds make more sense. Plato's description of Atlantis which he got from the Egyptians said it lies to west, outside the pillars of hercules, well the azores or possibly the canary Islands are almost due west of egypt and literally just outside the pillars of hercules or the straight of gibralter as its know today.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Congratulations !

You alone cracked the mystery that has stumped man through time.......

Sorry but it is just your theory - No "proof"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Oh man LUXUS this is good! Anybody notice how in this pic (from post) files.abovetopsecret.com...
there is a distinct match to the pattern in the underwater mount's east coast with the corresponding west coast of the continental shelf?!?!? I.e. it LOOKS like the underwater mass used to be connected i.e. it split away some time ago. Further, look at the same coastal match between east coast of Ireland and W. Coast of Britain. This is much like the way Africa and S. America seem to have matching coastlines (well documented). I'm no Geologist but i believe this is a subsidance pattern... not wholly unlike the Hawaiian islands chain is seen to move off to the west (it's a Hot Spot... a little different). It looks as if the entire British Isles may be undergoing a slow drift into the Atlantic?
Also there are some very interesting ancient maps which speak of a land in the middle of the atlantic that was supposed to be Atlantis (don't have the link right now...)
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join