It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

Originally posted by LUXUS

You have it backwards. Genetic testing proves that the Irish have the markers of Egyptian DNA, not the other way around. The Egytians came from Sumeria.

What were you on when you came up with these ideas? Were you on the alchemy threads?

Oh I see, so the Celts got their red hair and white skin from the Egyptians, that clears up everything...thanks!

Cough, Cough...just one thing, why did it show the highest DNA match in Europe then, should it not have shown the highest among the Egyptians, or Africans?
edit on 9-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

They most likely got their red hair from mixing with the Neanderthals that were already living in the area. Having a matching DNA marker on the Y chromosome does not mean a man will look exactly like his father or forefathers. Take a look at the sons of interacial couples and they do not look exactly like their fathers. Just look at the president of the US. If he married an Irish woman instead of Michelle, he would still pass his Y chromosome to his sons from his Nigerian father and yet his sons could still have red hair if Barack received a recessive gene from his mother. Not to mention they would likely have an even lighter skin tone than Barack if the mother was white. There are tons of white people in America who have a black ancestor.

If this boy below marries a woman with blond hair and blue eyes and his sons after him. The future generations would like so white you may never know they were mixed at some point.
abcnews.go.com...

So I hope this clears that piece up for you.

edit on 9-4-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

Hey Mary

I hate to break it to you but Obama's Great-Grandfather X 5 was Irish apparently, hence his visit to Ireland next month, so this theory of your doesn't really hold as i doubt his Grandfathers skin that far back were of Obama's skin colour today

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I should say, it is much more likely, that Atlantis is located at Doñana National Park on the southwest coast of Spain.
See here:
Have dr Reeder found Atlantis?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Has anyone actually been down there and checked it out for themselves, to see if anything really is down there?

What difference would it make to the way you or I live our lives should this be confirmed?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Excellent post OP, excellent!

Faroe Island.... Faroe...Pharaoh !

Funny.. :-)
www.nimade.info...

Färöarna är arton öar som ligger ungefär mellan Island och Skottland i norra Atlanten och Norska havet i norra Europa. Namnet på öarna härstammar från Føroyar som är det danska ordet för "får" och höja får är en stor industri här

Wich in english means..
The name means "Sheep Islands".

Iriska eremit munkar bosatte sig på Färöarna under det sjätte århundradet och odlade havre och uppvuxen får här.

Wich says..
Irish monks settled on the islands during the sixt centrury AD.

A long time after the first pharao's..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Has anyone actually been down there and checked it out for themselves, to see if anything really is down there?

What difference would it make to the way you or I live our lives should this be confirmed?

You mean dig in Doñana National Park?
Not allowed to do that.. :-(
It's a National Park.

They may will be allowed to do Ground Radar though.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Those in the island north of Ireland Thule (the island of the sea god manannan) would paint their skin blue and are associated with the trident (the emblem of the sea god).
The Celts are known to paint their skin blue (using Woad) in battle and still do at traditional celebrations!

the blue-painted native of Thule, when he fights, drives around the close-packed ranks in his scythe-bearing chariot

Roman poet Silius Italicus (ca. 28 – ca. 103)

Its therefore of great interest that those holey men in India (the Sadhu) who follow the Vedic teachings which were given by the Rishi (sons of the sea god) paint their skin and are associated with the trident also!

Also note the blue skinned chap in my profile pic

edit on 10-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I thought I would post my thoughts concerning this.

I am a 100% Irish man.
During the last summer solstice I was the only man in Ireland to have my hands on the monument at the Hill of Tara throughout the entire equinox; yes my hands where very cold

Manannan is associated with the EAST coast of Ireland, not the west coast. That is why the the island of the EAST coast of Ireland is called the Isle of Man, also, the Isle of Man bares 3 legs as its emblem, this could be linked to Mannanan's tale "His Three Calls to Cormac".

Og in Gaelic means "Son of", and all the Tir na n'Og myths link it to the WEST coast.

Mannanan has no geographical link to Tir na n'Og.

Also, Tir na n'Og can be lost in translation when scholars and mapmakers of ancient times actually called it HIGH BRAZIL, before the discovery of Brazil.

Its a good thread but this thread has a lot of misinformaiton within it, espeically the OP. No harm, but please do your research first, I can't beleive how many stars and flags this thread has. Yes it is a great topic, but the information is misleading.

I hope people actually see this post.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Its great your 100% Irish but I think if you read Celtic mythology you will see that manannan IS associated with Tir na nog. Yes he is also associated with the Isles of man but perhaps somewhat later in history.

Manannán led Cormac through a thick mist where all his companions were lost and he stood alone in Tir na N'og. Here he was taught a harsh lesson, but in the end his wife and children were restored to him. Manannán showed him the five streams of knowledge filled with salmon who ate of hazelnuts. He told him true wisdom and knowledge comes from the land of Tir na N'Og.

www.clandonald-heritage.com...:the-legend-of-manannan&catid=47:celtic-myths&Itemid=73

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Thanks, though if you read my post you would see that I said:

Mannanan has no geographical link to Tir na n'Og.

You tried to correct me with an association not a geographical link.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

"What is your name and where do you come from and who is your father and what is your husband's name?" said Fionn. "My name is Niamh Chinn Óir from Tír na nÓg, and my father is Manannán mac Lir, who is lord in that land."

www.celtic-weddingrings.com...

Manannán is known in many of the Celtic lands as a God of the Sea, King of the Sidhe

You know that the Sidhe is another name for the Tuatha de Danann Right. So not only is he Lord of Tir na nog but he is their king!

fodla.org...

A later name for the Irish Otherworld was Breasil, or Hy-Brasil, “Princely Isle,” or “the Isle of the Blessed.” According to Irish myth, the island belonged to the sea god, Manannan mac Lir.

www.netplaces.com...
edit on 10-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Mannanan was the sea god of Ireland, how can he be a lord of any land? Apparently he spent most of his time on the east coast and that is why the Isle of Man was known best for its connection to Mannanan.

Hy-Brasil was hypothetically located South West of Cork, not North West of Donegal.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That was an excellent read; I'm a proud Irishman and it would seem some what of a great honor to consider myself a descendant of the Atlantean People.

Unfortunately though I schools here in the north of Ireland (Northern Ireland) teach little to no ancient Irish History. Everything I know about my ancestors has come from stories or songs, myths and legends. I would love for this evidence to be defining proof of Atlantis and therefore add truth to many tales in Irish Folklore

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by longwinter

You have it backwards. Genetic testing proves that the Irish have the markers of Egyptian DNA, not the other way around. The Egytians came from Sumeria.

What were you on when you came up with these ideas? Were you on the alchemy threads?

Oh I see, so the Celts got their red hair and white skin from the Egyptians, that clears up everything...thanks!

Cough, Cough...just one thing, why did it show the highest DNA match in Europe then, should it not have shown the highest among the Egyptians, or Africans?

They most likely got their red hair from mixing with the Neanderthals that were already living in the area. Having a matching DNA marker on the Y chromosome does not mean a man will look exactly like his father or forefathers. Take a look at the sons of interacial couples and they do not look exactly like their fathers. Just look at the president of the US. If he married an Irish woman instead of Michelle, he would still pass his Y chromosome to his sons from his Nigerian father and yet his sons could still have red hair if Barack received a recessive gene from his mother. Not to mention they would likely have an even lighter skin tone than Barack if the mother was white. There are tons of white people in America who have a black ancestor.

If this boy below marries a woman with blond hair and blue eyes and his sons after him. The future generations would like so white you may never know they were mixed at some point.
abcnews.go.com...

Hey Mary

I hate to break it to you but Obama's Great-Grandfather X 5 was Irish apparently, hence his visit to Ireland next month, so this theory of your doesn't really hold as i doubt his Grandfathers skin that far back were of Obama's skin colour today

Can you speak unambiguously in English? What theory didn't hold up? Please explain because your response was totally incoherent.

edit on 10-4-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow, this has made me want to do more research about this subject! Thanks for your hard work! Nice post!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by longwinter

abcnews.go.com...

Hey Mary

Can you speak unambiguously in English? What theory didn't hold up? Please explain because your response was totally incoherent.

edit on 10-4-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

All righty my bad and my apologise! I guess i should have read your comment for a 2nd time before replying, will take note for future replying, if this reply is incoherent, please do U2U me

Please note i am not a gene scientist just someone reading a forum, admittedly a little ill-informed on the info presented, just trying to highlight what i thought was relevant at the time.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
reply to post by LUXUS

Great thread mate - you should check out the work of Michael Tsarion. He is the champion of research such as what you have reported in this thread. He will fill in your theory nicely.

I must admit that i have always looked at that underwater island you highlighted in your OP as a possible Atlantis location (based on my studying the research of Michael Tsarion).

I have a weird little addition to your theory too. Hollywood and the like often drip feed us clues to certain things, and video games are no exception. If you have ever heard of the video game, Fable? It is an Xbox 360 title. The game is set in the fictiocious land of Albion, and long story short, i feel that it is a window in to Atlantis. A vision of our past.

If you ask me, Atlantis was where the 'Royal Monarchs' stem from. All the royalty of England and surrounding areas are an Atlantis bloodline. I have no proof of this, only intuition.

Anyway, the theory of (European/African) civilization coming from the WEST (sunken Atlantis off Irish coast) is spot on in my opinion.

Asia/Eastern/Pacific civilization (including native American indian -North and South- tribes) stem from Mu in the Pacific. IMO anyway (i have researched this topic HEAVILY)

I agree to differ on the Euro Monarchy. That branch was from the Sumerian civilisation.

The Celtic monarchy / elite's were defeated / dispersed by the Sumerian one's over the course of history.
Don't forget Most of Europe was Celtic until the Roman's came along...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
I thought I would post my thoughts concerning this.

I am a 100% Irish man.
During the last summer solstice I was the only man in Ireland to have my hands on the monument at the Hill of Tara throughout the entire equinox; yes my hands where very cold

Manannan is associated with the EAST coast of Ireland, not the west coast. That is why the the island of the EAST coast of Ireland is called the Isle of Man, also, the Isle of Man bares 3 legs as its emblem, this could be linked to Mannanan's tale "His Three Calls to Cormac".

Good moves man, the Isle of Man flag is actually a form of the triskelion though. An ancient symbol and indicative of Celtic origin's.
In the film clash of the titans (the new one) if you look at the shields used by the Argos warrior's they all have triskellion's on them

The triskellion is meant to mean many things, but the main one could be the gradual rotation of the galaxy's spiraling arms...

The Tuatha Dannan are very much unmentioned in history books and conventional mythology. This is ironic as they were in closer proximity than Greek Culture was. Only the Roman occupation meant that it (Irish/Celt) culture was moved out in place of Greek-Roman culture...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Going to be reading this one, over and over for a few days, , , nice work,

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
reply to post by LUXUS

Maybe Ice land wasn't covered in Ice then unless we were there present in that time we wouldn't know for certain 100% who knows?

Maybe sections of Iceland were free of Ice. Like Alaska was free of Ice mostly during the Ice Ages even though of its northern position.

Makes you think

edit on 9-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

I don't disagree with that, actually if you look at the google map and its hard to say without better mapping of the area it looks like there was a land bridge connecting the northern tip of Tir na nog (faroe islands today) and Iceland. It could be possible that Iceland is/was part of that territory in ancient times.

If we can get some mapping software and drop the ocean by 100-150 meters we will have a better idea of what things looked like. We may have to factor into this the info someone posted earlier in the thread that the ocean floor in that region has actually sunk also.
edit on 11-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Funny you mention that do you realize that the majority of Americans have Irish Decent Somewhere !

Yep! But my post had nothing to do with that.

As for the rest of your post, if that is a rant directed towards me then I think you have wasted your efforts. Apart from already knowing 90% of the knowledge you gave the rest is not quite interesting enough.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join