It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Well Atlantis is described as a fertile plain, if Greenland was covered in Ice then I think that rules it out.

Hey there LUXUS,

You do realize that Greenland (just like Antarctica) was not always covered in ice don't you ?

Something else for youto research maybe ... good thread nonetheless ... it's always healthy to think outside the box (it's where the truth lies)

Woody

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

lmao, faroe =pharoah wow i think you have just solved the mystery of atlantis lol lol lol

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Nice research mate. Now where is the city you say you've found in your post.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Thats interesting, now where do you think I might be from

You are right that n'og also means youth but only because those who lived on ogg or og lived longer lives then those in the rest of the world.

If you are an Irish scholar as you claim (don't know why you feel the need to blow your trumpet though) you will know that the Irish DO say that the tuatha de danna come from the location I gave indicated. You will also know that they are described as being technologically advanced, that their land sank beneath the waves (afterwards called the land of the dead), and that it was where Manannán mac Lir resided AKA Poseidon....what part of that did I get wrong.

Oh but I forgot other "scholars" came up with the Idea that an advanced civilisation was somewhere around there too (hy brasil) but maybe you being a scholar should correct those scholars too

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Yes I do know that but Greenland is above water and we are supposed to be looking for a place which sunk beneath the waves during a flood , both in the case of Tir na nog and Atlantis. The Irish do not describe Tir na nog as being under ice.

One other thing that is interesting is that if you remember the structure of the city of Atlantis described by Plato the circular ringed city is divided into four quadrants effectively creating four city's with the temple as the central hub.

Tir na nog is described as having four city's called Findias, Gorias, Murias and Falias

edit on 9-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by prodomino

I think the city is in the southern sunken end of the island, possibly where in the coordinates given earlier in the post by the history channels research team. BTW I never said I found the city, I said I found the sunken island of Tir na nog which I believe is Atlantis.

Others have stated it is not Atlantis but even if that is correct the location is still described as being populated by peoples who possess advanced technology. Its just very strange that the island is also linked to a sea god fitting the description exactly of poeidon, complete with golden trident and chariot drawn by magic horses capable of travelling on land and water.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oakx79

Edited to add: Also, that image in the OP that maps the gentic halogroup R1b Y-DNA concentrations across Europe.. I don't believe it aids the argument of atlantean origins. If anything its origins came from the opposite direction from what this website below describes. Not real familiar with this stuff, but that's just what I got from a quick read. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

"Anatolian or Caucasian origins ?"
"The origins of R1b are not entirely clear to this day. Some of the oldest forms of R1b are found in the Near East and around the Caucasus. Haplogroup R1* and R2* might have originated in southern Central Asia (between the Caspian and the Hindu Kush). A branch of R1 would have developed into R1b* then R1b1* in the northern part of the Middle East during the Ice Age. It presumptively moved to northern Anatolia and across the Caucasus during the early Neolithic, where it became R1b1b. The Near Eastern leftovers evolved into R1b1a (M18), now found at low frequencies among the Lebanese and the Druze.The Phoenicians (who came from modern day Lebanon) spread this R1b1a and R1b1* to their colonies, notably Sardinia and the Maghreb."

Source: www.eupedia.com...

edit on 9-4-2011 by Oakx79 because: described in post

As I said earlier The Irish claim to be descended from Magog son of Japhet whos descendants also travelled into Anatolia, see below

Meanwhile, back at the genealogical ranch, Iapetus (Japhet), as an ancestor, is allegedly responsible for the descent of kings into Anatolia. This becomes notably relevant, when Gardner (Genesis of the Grail Kings, page 224) notes that the Grail dynasty from David and Solomon would ultimately progress to the Merovingians kings of Gaul and other established kingdoms in Ireland and Celtic Britain. "These lines were linked through marriage to parallel Dragon stains from Ham, Japhet and Tubal-cain, which had survived as the royal houses of Scythia and Anatolia, and the family had its own marital links with the early princesses of Egypt." This would eventually produce the first Pendragon (Pen Draco Insularis) of Britain, in the name and form of "King Cymbeline of the House of Camu-lot, who was installed about AD 10."

www.halexandria.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
Very well researcehd and well presented post.

I do, however, feel that it is littered with logical and scientific inconsistencies. From the very basic questions like "How does a land mass the size of the UK sink without causing massive disruption which would be detectable." to some very simple logical errors: They arrived in Ireland from the North becase the mountains were in the north of atlantis and they would have gone to the mountains....etc" Umm, in which case they would have been heading north. In order to arrive in Ireland FROM the north they would have to have been traveling SOUTH! Doh!

And a string of other errors and totally incorrect assumptions, too numerous for me to list here. Actually, that's not true, I just don't want to spend the time.

Just another, allbeit well presented, hunk of junk about atlantis. I wish you would use your tallent for research and presentation to look into something with a little more substance, it pains me to see such an obvoius intelligence waisted.

Yes they were travailing south (from the faroe islands) but from the perspective of Scotland (they actually arrived in Scotland first) they were coming from the north! Think about it

As for the flood not causing trouble nearby, well it wiped out most of the inhabitants in Ireland also as its only next door. We don't know how long the process took, we only know that for a time Ireland is described as barren and unpopulated also. After the flood waters receded people who had fled to the mountains and various locations started to invade Ireland, each one claiming that it was their homeland.

After the island supposedly went under there is also references made by the ancient Irish that they discovered the island and it was always by sailing northwards from Ireland i.e. to faroe islands in the north!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Thanks for the link, that website has some very fascinating lineage info for sure!. I could not find where the author mentions any ties to any atlantean heritage though. I'm still missing the connection you are trying to make... Where does the destruction and exodus of Atlantis fit in to that timeline??

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Tuatha actually also means North, further confirmation that these people are north of Ireland and not down south near Spain or the Azores

The root of Tuatha also means North. In the Irish Celtic mythos north is considered to be the source of all power. The Tuatha De Danann came from the North, here in the north they studied all the arts. The common people, the whole race, studied all the magical and powerful arts in the northern islands of the world.

www.boudicca.de...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Oakx79

I supplied the info because you mentioned Anatolian dna and I am simply saying that those who descended into Anatolia were the Scythia who are descended from Magog. The Irish also say they are descended from Magog so you see there is a connection. Also I have researched that, those who descended into Anatolia are thought to have spoken a foreign language which many think was Gaelic.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Atlantis as written by Plato was information given to him on his educational visits To Egypt.
Atlantis was not merely an island it was a vast continent. Plato was told of a part of that submerged continent that survived the initial upheavals - This was only one small part of the vast continent and this surviving remnant is where the ancient greeks are descended from yet even this became submerged after a time.
So Atlantis was a great continent now submerged yet it was not the only continent of those times - Lumeria or some similar name was another continent at odds with Atlantis - Atlantis being close to it's original name so I therfore use that word.
Atlantis and Lumeris to the west were at odds and it was through misuse of their highly developed technology that destroyed them - almost without trace. Plato's story merely relates to a small portion of land that remained after the intitial massive upheavels.
When speaking of Thoth the ancient scribe of Egypt - It must be remembered that the term Thoth was ascribed to many such scribes as is also so Hermes who sprang forth frm the ancient Greek culture who went to Egypt to learn. Thoth ie Tehuty when writing one of 23 books informed the reader that his knowledge is at least 50,000 years old and indeed earlier such recordings being lost are his forebears. In reading Ancient Egyptian Philosophy (not religion) it is understood that Knowledge of All things can never truly be lost - It can only be rediscovered.
So where is Atlantis - Well it is no more but it's location spans the entire Atlantic seabed and where is Lumeria located - the South Americas and also under the Pacific - Note the vast drop of land levels of the coast of Chile/Peru
edit on 9-4-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
personally, i believe that atlantis is in/around the Bermuda triangle. either that, or the devil's triangle which is on the exact opposite side of the planet.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwytch

Yes I do know that but Greenland is above water and we are supposed to be looking for a place which sunk beneath the waves during a flood , both in the case of Tir na nog and Atlantis. The Irish do not describe Tir na nog as being under ice.

One other thing that is interesting is that if you remember the structure of the city of Atlantis described by Plato the circular ringed city is divided into four quadrants effectively creating four city's with the temple as the central hub.

Tir na nog is described as having four city's called Findias, Gorias, Murias and Falias

Personally I believe Plato's work was fiction built on memory that was ancient enough in his day to have become myth ... so whilst the original idea was borne from seeds of truth ... the flesh on the bones of his story was designed to attract the reader.

Also remember that ice is water in it's 'solid' form (I don't believe the myth states specifically that Atlantis was submerged beneath 'liquid' water) and yes ... a lot of land was submerged during the thawing of the last major ice-age 12,000 yrs ago ... but that is not the only ice-age that the planet has experienced in it's history ... so it is basically human nature to assume that the myths and legends refer to the last one ... we don't 'know' that for a fact.

Please don't take this the wrong way ... I'm certainly not saying your hypothesis is wrong ... just that we have to take much into consideration before we're ready to assume anything boardering on certainty.

Woody

edit on 9-4-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How much evidence do you need, there is the account of the sunken advanced civilisation of Hy brasil off the west cost of Ireland, There is the account of Tir Na Nog with its advanced inhabitants off the north west cost of Ireland, there is the account of the advanced civilisation in the north called Thule (the Nazi were crazy about finding this place because they believed it was once the seat of advanced technology, Atlantis)

Thats three accounts telling you, there was a technologically advanced civilisation North (Tuatha), and that as close as you can get without actually diving there!

Thule (Tile) an island in the Ocean between the northern and western zone, beyond Britain, near the Orkneys (Orcad) and Ireland; in this way Thule is with the sun in Cancer, in perpetual daylight without night, it is said

The 4th century Virgilian commentator Servius

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You have it backwards. Genetic testing proves that the Irish have the markers of Egyptian DNA, not the other way around. The Egytians came from Sumeria.

What were you on when you came up with these ideas? Were you on the alchemy threads?

Oh I see, so the Celts got their red hair and white skin from the Egyptians, that clears up everything...thanks!

Cough, Cough...just one thing, why did it show the highest DNA match in Europe then, should it not have shown the highest among the Egyptians, or Africans?

They most likely got their red hair from mixing with the Neanderthals that were already living in the area. Having a matching DNA marker on the Y chromosome does not mean a man will look exactly like his father or forefathers. Take a look at the sons of interacial couples and they do not look exactly like their fathers. Just look at the president of the US. If he married an Irish woman instead of Michelle, he would still pass his Y chromosome to his sons from his Nigerian father and yet his sons could still have red hair if Barack received a recessive gene from his mother. Not to mention they would likely have an even lighter skin tone than Barack if the mother was white. There are tons of white people in America who have a black ancestor.

If this boy below marries a woman with blond hair and blue eyes and his sons after him. The future generations would like so white you may never know they were mixed at some point.
abcnews.go.com...

So I hope this clears that piece up for you.

edit on 9-4-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The info on this page alone is soo interesting.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Awsome thread S&F for putting this together.

Would they have been ETs or just very skilled and advanced humans ?

I believe they would have just been ordinary humans but with great knowlegde and skill in their crafts. If they were ETs then why did they just vanish or go into hiding or even leave the planet.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I don't know the answer to that for sure, I like to think they were humans but there seems to be a hierarchy of gods, sons of gods (demi-gods or titans) and ordinary humans. To have royal blood (blood of the fey) obviously means royalty had something special about their genetics. Manannan mac Lir (poseidon) for example is recorded as having the ability to change form, shape shift.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

They could have been genetically engineered humans.

But ancient astronaut theory is totally plausible imo.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join