It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Metaphysics of Temple Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is a very interesting discussion on the various instruments used in Temple Music, with their metaphysical meanings and purposes.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ive been looking for mystically inspired music. Are there any albums from the Jewish side of things you could point me to?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

As a matter of fact, there is.

Rabbi Lazer Brody came out with a CD last year called "calming waters". It is just very Inspiring music. He has a fondness for the Native American flute and so all his songs are played with it.

I picked it up awhile back and i listen to it when im feeling stressed. Helps to get you in a relaxed, peaceful state.

Heres some different songs from the album

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Love the Flute...except for it mixed with the Beat in the first Vid. Very nice

How about something more originally Jewish?
edit on 7-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well you have two distinct types of "authentic" Jewish music. Ashkenazi and Sephardic. And than you have Chassidic which has its own particular flavor.

A popular personality in Jewish music was Shlomo Carlebach.

Yosef Karduner is another figure who i Enjoy. You can see the Sephardic influences in his music.

and this is a recent song by "8th day", called "ya' alili. Its actually quite catchy.

I wish i could give you better suggestions. Ive been studying Judaism for about 6 years now, and i havent had much experience with the different styles of music. All i know is that most of it is inspiring. Sephardic obviously has more Arab influences, and so i think in that sense it is a more authentic expression of the biblical tradition (both musically, and in their prounciation of Hebrew), but at the same time Ashkenazi has developed a unique style of its own. They both reflect the Jewish spirit; just developing in different areas.

edit on 7-4-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Thanks, thats a helpful start.

new topics

top topics

join