It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. miltary commits more warcrimes!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This time they decided to fire a hellfire on a group of people just digging a hole behind the van. It could be that the van is stuck or something.

www.liveleak.com...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Fri Apr 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but don't we commit war crimes every day when we kill innocent people??

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One man's "War Criminal".

In another man's perception...It's a great shot.

This whole Middle East charade is a disaster...
edit on 7-4-2011 by whyamIhere because: pre 98 bubba

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You know i don't have any comment on this what-so-ever. However it was biggest problem and we should leave the middle east once and for all.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
This time they decided to fire a hellfire on a group of people just digging a hole behind the van. It could be that the van is stuck or something.

www.liveleak.com...

Or it could be they were burying an IED, or these guys could have just ambushed a platoon 20 minutes up the road and broke down as the chopper caught up to them, or any number of things........
Did you not read the title of the video you posted? Or do you consider the Taliban poor innocent bunnies, just like the local Elks Club?
Please, without having been there yourself, provide some solid proof that this was a "war crime", besides your sensationalistic thread title.....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ah, I get it now. Don't expect a response from the OP. Just did some checking and he's the same one who started the "Afghans on bikes" thread, it went 13 pages, and he never responded once. Typical tactics- stir up the "trouble pot" and then run for the hills, instead of standing your ground in an honest debate.
Yawn......

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It would be pretty funny if the heli went down after an RPG hit afterwards. That would be embarrassing lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

it is to hard to tell from the footage shown if they were innocent civillians or taliban like the video says at the original link.

i am pretty sure some taliban do own transport can drive and do plant roadside bombs. so to say they are innocent from the video is tricky. we do not have the whole story.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I will fill in for the OP.

I would define a "war crime" this way.
1. You are committing a war crime if you are fighting for a paycheck and nothing else that you can clearly define. In other words, you are paid to go, so you go and kill people.
2. You are committing a war crime if you cannot define the enemy. In other words, you fire your weapons, and you cannot say whom you killed, or why. You are told what to say.
3. You are committing a war crime if you know you are doing wrong, but you don't much care. After all, you are a criminal, why should you?

I think that pretty much sums up the U.S. military in this day and age.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

It seems your sarcasm is hard to read to some, but i get it.S+F.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

That may be how YOU define it- but let's see how the real world does:

Legal Dictionary Main Entry: war crime Function: noun : an act committed usually during an international war for which individual criminal liability will be imposed by a domestic or international tribunal; specifically : a violation of the laws or customs of war as embodied or recognized by international treaty, court decisions, or established practice —usually used in pl.

dictionary.reference.com...

Nice try,though...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by Skippy1138

I will fill in for the OP.

I would define a "war crime" this way.
1. You are committing a war crime if you are fighting for a paycheck and nothing else that you can clearly define. In other words, you are paid to go, so you go and kill people.
2. You are committing a war crime if you cannot define the enemy. In other words, you fire your weapons, and you cannot say whom you killed, or why. You are told what to say.
3. You are committing a war crime if you know you are doing wrong, but you don't much care. After all, you are a criminal, why should you?

I think that pretty much sums up the U.S. military in this day and age.

Agreed, Stewie! (Even if these are not truly your opinions, they are in fact correct..)
Vicky

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
"War crimes"? What is that? Is it war? or is it candy land? What rules are their?

I always thought war was about saying "dont touch our towers again" in a physical way.

top topics

join