It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. General: Ground Troops to Invade Libya

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
is it just coincidence that the fad gave a bank that was partially owned by the libyan gov't a nice chunk to the bailout funds??
or is it possible that we are funding all sides of this war??

www.cnn.com...

oh, and ya, they are telling the troops that they might not be getting their next paycheck....
I do believe that the shut down that occurred while clinton was in office, well, the troops were paid. maybe someone who was in the service at that time could verify....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well they froze 300 billion of libyas cash...maybe they could run on that for a week, or, maybe its already been syphoned off by nwo arms deals for the rebels....
General Ham speculates it would be preferable to have other troops than us ones to do the boots part.
But does not rule out US involvement.
It apears to me to be the beginning of the drive to convince us they are nessessary.
It would sure be funny if our boots turned around and walked all over the MB after the campaign against the west libyans under Gadaffi.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

U.S. General: Ground Troops to Invade Libya

www.infowars.com

Army General Carter Ham told Congress today that while sending a globalist ground invasion force including American troops into Libya may not be “ideal,” it is probably the only way to make sure the CIA organized rebels and al-Qaeda defeat Gaddafi and his troops.

Last month Obama said the U.S. would not send troops to Libya. Defense Secretary Robert Gates also ruled out the use of ground troops. Gates declared “as long as I’m in this job” troops will not be sent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 7-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Gates has said he is resigning in 2011 according to Time.com.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

No kidding. I'm starting to want to get to the part where they just get to their ultimate goal already. This whole "frog in boiling water" bit is killing me. Just rip the bandaid off already and quit dragging this crap out. Watching people suffer little by little is torture.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think it's interesting that the nut in charge in Libya is making an absolute FORTUNE in all this unrest. He is sitting on a mountain of Gold. I know you all have already heard that. But think about it. Gold every day is hitting record high's. It's an interesting twist. If Obama order's troops to north Africa he will get Impeached. We don't even have the coin anymore to foot the bill. I think the UK and France are on their own on this one.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
how many wars do we have to be engaged in before the common soldier realizes he is fighting for the very opposite of freedom, that he himself is the terrorist, and that the only way he can truly serve the cause of freedom is to refuse deployment?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Troll thread is a success! I think the motto for ATS should be "Don't Feed the Trolls".

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I hope they do not even consider such idiocy. America tends to make a habbit of invading a country they don't understand and they care little about other then establishing or maintaining economic and national interests. In the end, in almost every U.S military intervention, maybe with the exception of Greneda, they have left a trail of destruction and destablization. I do believe, however that the Gernerals words may have been used out of context.

Asked if the U.S. would provide troops, Ham said, "I suspect there might be some consideration of that. My personal view at this point would be that that's probably not the ideal circumstance, again for the regional reaction that having American boots on the ground would entail."

edit on 8-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I have a question: how the heck is this Gadaffi still alive? He has been proven to have ordered the Lockerbie bombing. Cushy deals with oil reserves should never override a nations pride - this guy should be long gone dead.
Get rid of him (6.5x55-EN DIN 1.4501 [1 in 8]).
edit on 8-4-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: ballz

edit on 8-4-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: karl pilkington has a head like an orange!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Headding should read....

US General..... "Freaking MORON"...!!!

edit on 4/8/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Gudaffi drops bombs and kills civilians we call it an Atrocity and an Attack on human rights worthy of an act of intervention..

NATO drops bombs and kills civilians we call it collateral damage..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Does this really come as any suprise? To anyone?
We've known we were going in there since something like '08.

Also, so we and Al Quesda is pals now? WTF?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think this war is very funny! You have to appreciate irony when it slaps you in the face. Here America chases these Al Qaeda members claiming they are vile and evil yet they are being funded in Libya by the same hand that is trying to kill them.

American foreign policy looks like it was scrambled together by a five year old. Why on Earth would you support a partial group to overthrow the majority?! Humanity? What about the majority on the other side? What about the people down in Yemen? Syria? Iran? Ivory Coast? If the US says humanity it really means financial interest. Why else would they intervene? Humanitarian missions? That flew out the window when Rowanda went to a civil war.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

The Libyans are organized just like the Afghan Mujahideen against USSR.

The same situation is played, the Rebels know exactly what will happen after Qaddafi falls, they know the US will turn on them, and they will turn on US. They are playing along for the sake of "my enemy's enemy is my friend".

This will be a long bloody war, and Humanitarian excuses is not what it is for. The UNSC resolution wasn't invented, and sponsored by the West to save lives, rather to give legitimacy to arming, training and helping the rebels.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Well thats all she wrote....this is not a obama bashing thread. This is to identify yet another massive invasion for ground troops that will bring more US military home in a body bag, and maybe even innocent Libyans as well?

Though I'm not surprised of this move by the Obamaites, just comes to show, when the puppet master moves, the puppet does~

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 7-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Big surprise! Obama said something and didnt keep his promise! Stop the press! Like bringing the troops home in a year. I bet Russia and China cant be comfortable with this. The United States are like a subliminal hitler...invade your country and takeover cept when we do it we just spread it out over a long period and keep telling you how much better you are with a new regime. Something tells me Libya is going to go a lot faster though.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

This is all orchestrated to create fear and anger!!

Nothing other than that, with fear in place it leaves the door open in another direction for something more sinister. Did you notice how quick it seemed Obama changed all his policies and what he said his beliefs were?

Either it was all a plan on his part for One World government along with his closest advisors.

It might also be that they are being forced to do all this to hide what someone else is doing, right here in our back yard. I know what it is and you will all call me crazy and won't say because it is only going to create more fear. Think about the other major problem going on in the world today.

I can only say this America, be prepared for something you never expected and hopefully there are survivors!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

It's probably true this was orchestrated, NATO could have taken him out very quickly and ended this if they wanted to.

Maybe these people in charge are just too stupid anymore to get anything done.
edit on 8-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

How do we know Qadaffi ia dropping bombs on anyone, in fact it seems to me that he was attacked by The Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaida. They are doing the same all over the middle east mainly because greed and power corrupts.

We only know what the media tells us unless you were there that was an ignorant statement.

This all just needs to stop but it won't because of minds like yours. We should keep our nose out of everyones business and worry about ourselves.

When was the last time you went and volunteered to help someone out ot the kindness of your heart? We have let the government and people pulling the strings to go unchecked for too long and Karma is coming for us.

Much Love!!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

It is true! Total Global Domination, all by the big powers and every American sits and thinks we are immune. We aren't any longer, as it's barking right inside our doors.

The only thing that could stop this is for everyone to stop fearing TPTB and go say hello to your neighbors and have them do the same. With this chain reaction of love and support we would create the biggest outpouring of it on this planet. This is the only way to stop all this madness.

It has to start with you and me and everyone in this world will follow suit. It's the only way to make TPTB realize we are done with everything that has been imposed on us our entire lives!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Does anybody know what Gaddafi did to piss off the PTB? The US military is not owned by the people of US. It is owned by PTB that is not even reside in the US. How pitiful is that?
There must have been some kind of disobediance Gaddafi did to the financial market.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join