It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Completes its 3-D Holographic Display Technology Demonstration Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
DARPA has recently completed a five-year program called Urban Photonic Sandtable Display (UPSD). This program developed technology that creates a real-time, color, 360-degree 3D holographic display to assist battle planners. Up to 20 individuals can view the holograms without glasses. This technology allows users to freeze, rotate and zoom in the image. This image can be printed into a 2-D image for troops to use in the field after the planning has been completed. This technology is being combined with the wide-area 3D LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) mapping capability under DARPA's High Altitude LIDAR Operations Experiment (HALOE) to provide the information being projected on the holographic display. The contract was granted to Zebra Imaging in Austin Texas.Zebra Imaging. If you go to DARPAs web site you can read a little news article about it also. I tried to link it but it would not work.
www.spacewar.com...

edit on 7-4-2011 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by I B Dazzlin because: Remove link because it would not work.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
this is epic. Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Are these the precursor technologies needed for bluebeam to work?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So you are saying we will soon be seeing the likes of Jesus, Mohammad, Budda etc... in our skies?

I'll def. be watching the skies from here on out.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Are these the precursor technologies needed for bluebeam to work?

If they are telling you they have something, you can rest assured what they really have is 2-3 generations more advanced.

What you see here will be coming out as a peripheral to the XBox any day.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This one is cool:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Not really sure if it is a precursor to Blue Beam because the hologram only has a 12 inch depth on the viewing platform. Anything is possible though I suppose because as OldCorp says

If they are telling you they have something, you can rest assured what they really have is 2-3 generations more advanced.

top topics

join