It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas House OKs 85-mph speed limit, would be nation's highest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

SAN ANTONIO (Reuters) – Rocker Sammy Hagar, who once sang "I Can't Drive 55," might want to move to Texas. The California-born singer may be able to drive 85 miles per hour in the Lone Star State if a measure approved by the Texas House becomes law.

Eighty-five miles per hour would be the highest posted speed limit in the United States and the second-highest posted speed limit in the world, according to the European auto rental firm Rhino Car Hire. A speed of 140 kilometers per hour, or about 86 mph, is posted on some motorways in Poland.

Just saw this on the news a few minutes ago. What do yall think about this?

I personally dont really care much since I dont really get on the highway alot where I live anymore. But If I had to drive a long stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere, then I would definantly drive 85 (I usually stick to the speed limit, dont want a ticket now)

The measure is a provision of a bill that would eliminate funding for an unpopular toll road project. There is a similar proposal in the Senate.

Not sure if I understand what the above means. If we raise the speed limit to 85, a toll road project will be scrapped....not sure how they put those 2 together?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sounds good, speed limits in non-residential areas seem to be too low in general. I believe it is just a way for cities to make extra money, a back door tax.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
that is certainly closer to reality
and the majority at that fo sho

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I heard they do everything bigger in Texas But they will also have to say we do everything faster to.

top topics

join