It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AkamaiGhost???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have Avast anti-virus. When I open my mail (windows live) I get this

"Malicious URL blocked"
With a webaddress

I did a port scan of the web address and the information I got back was about my computer and my ISP and it says I have two open ports both are AkamaiGhost, I found this in control panel.

I am using windows Vista, does anyone else have this program on their computer?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My anti virus just updated, and no longer shows it as a virus, but I still would like to know what that program is.
For now I am going to disable it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
About 10 seconds on Google told me that it's short for Akamai Global Host. Basically, it's a system that's supposed to help deliver content such as websites faster by loading a copy of a website from a server closer to you.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Thanks I did Google, I did not understand and I was confused, since I don't remember installing it.

I removed the program.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tygart

not true.it is a cia back door,from other sources so I've heard

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A thread was just trashed two minutes ago about the exact same thing. ?? ??

2nd

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

bump. Not showing in the recent posts either

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
bump test

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tygart

That's a false positive from your anti-virus.

AkamaiGhost is a global network of caching servers run by the biggest such firm for distributed Content Delivery Networks, Akamai. The purpose is to speed up delivery of static assets such as video, images, scripts, etc. Portions of ATS (member uploaded images) may appear through such servers as we use a CDN for more efficient delivery.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That's a false positive from your anti-virus.

Portions of ATS (member uploaded images) may appear through such servers as we use a CDN for more efficient delivery.

So ATS does use Akamai is that what you're saying? So then the above quote isn't necessarily correct seeing Avast did indeed detect Akamai right? I've seen other posts/threads saying the same thing but then they got 404'd

AkamaiGhost is a global network of caching servers run by the biggest such firm for distributed Content Delivery Networks, Akamai. The purpose is to speed up delivery of static assets such as video, images, scripts, etc.

A quick google search brought this:

Akamai Ghost, the most highly efficient and technologically proficient web server in the world. Unlike Apache, centrino, nginx, BigIP or any other web server that you will come across. Akamai Ghost has never been updated since 1998 (it’s release date). This is because no one has actually broken it’s encryption algorithm or swatch cipher, and experts say that it’s encryption is so secure that you would have an easier timHow Akamai Ghost Workse cracking a 2048 bit RSA cipher than break Akamai Ghost.

And subsequently this:

As of today, Akamai Ghost is owned by a private government defence contractor, and also one of the biggest private contractors in the world – known as ‘Lockheed Martin’. Akamai Ghost only supplies their services to Government related organizations

So why is ATS members images or other things even being associated or even near government agency servers in the first place? I have to admit SO, this has gotten me a little suspicious about your site now y'know.

security-shell.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
bump test again

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Akamai is not government owned: en.wikipedia.org...

"AkamaiGhost" is not a separate company, but a name for a portion of their servers.

We do not contract directly with Akamai (to expensive for someone our size), but our hosting provider does (as do many).

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Akamai alleges to be benign, but I know people who use it to hack etc.
No idea how, but they do. I personally don't trust it at all

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I did a telnet hack on IP 23.7.68.226 port:80
Shows up NSA, run on AkamaiGhost Server
NSA is trying to hack your system, but ran into your firewall, by now it's to late they probably found a back door. Sorry my friend

new topics

top topics

join