It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow and Dark Orb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yay! my first thread. With all that's going on in the world today I was hesitant about writing about my experience. But I have been wanting to write this down for awhile now, so here goes. Sorry in advanced for the typos

Actually while all these "things" were happening to me back in 08' I found my self even more hesitant believing in the occurrences I was witnessing. I'm a pretty logical common sense type of person when it comes to nearly everything paranormal. I feel most things can be explained and proven away. Ghosts especially. As a kid growing up usually the people telling me about their ghostly encounters where the ones you'd figure "would" have that type of thing happen to them. My motto was "There are no such things of spooky things, just spooky people". I would allow myself to get scared at their stories, because they were scary and I figured that's what they wanted anyways. But then I got married, and my husband who isn't the type of person who "would", revealed to me that as a kid he was visited by Top Hat Man. His experience with this shadow person was violent, he still to this day doesn't get much into it. He doesn't remember a lot because he was 4.

Besides that experience with the Top Hat Man his sister, in their teens apparently had four shadow ghosts(?) sorry not sure what to call them) occupy her bedroom. My husband walked in on her talking to them and proclaimed "What the F### are those!" Apparently one of them was a boy she was best friends with who shot himself in the head in front of her when they were 13, and the other 3 where spirits who attached themselves to her when they went to Cuba Rd
Again my spooky person theory comes to mind. But that's pretty much all he tells me about that, the first time he spoke about it he was visually uncomfortable. When I ask to this day to retell it he just sorta shrugs and annoyingly says "I've already told you, that's all I know".

But Along come October 2008, some things were going on with my in-laws that had both Husband and I in distress. That in and of itself is a loooongg story. Meanwhile, I woke up abruptly at 3 ish in the morning, I know this, because I looked at the alarm clock with a heavy sigh. Wide awake, I decided to start the day and planned on napping after my Husband went to work. Little did I know but Husband was wide awake too but he choose to stay in bed. He watched me walk to the bathroom, and apparently watched a white orb follow me inside. I went to the living room and watched some crap TV until about 4:30, I decided I might as well make breakfast and pack his lunch. I had bacon cooking on the stove and I was packing his lunch, while I kept turning my head to check on the stove. That is when a black figure appeared on the stove/ oven door. (no the food wasn't on fire lol) It was if someone was standing right next to the stove with a light behind them. I stared for a moment went back to making the lunch sorta keeping normalcy while trying to get my brain around it, looked back at the stove and it was still there. I stepped away from the counter and sorta moved around to see if it was my shadow, when in the corner of my eye I located my shadow was above the counter I was working on. I kinda froze... did a "wtf" ...turned back to the half made bagged lunch, and proceeded to finish making it trying to ignore the shadow. When heard Husband get out of bed go to the bathroom and make his way to the office, I felt a surge of courage knowing he was awake and turned to face the stove to finish breakfast. the shadow was gone. I kept telling myself it was sleep deprivation. I went back to the living room while husband went to the kitchen to make himself a plate. When in the corner of my I I saw a black orb fly at me I turned my head quickly to face it and it was still there my husband ran into the living room and saw me flailing my arms about my hair and head, because I was sure it was going to attack me. The weirdest thing was that visually I saw a black condensed orb flying at me but in my mind it revealed itself to be a crow. What does that mean anyone know? Anyway that's when I proclaimed that there is something definitely weird going on in this apartment and that is when he revealed to me he watched an orb follow me into the bathroom, but he thought he was half asleep still. Myself, still the logical gal I am mustard-ed up the courage to go back in the kitchen and clean up after our breakfast. My husband preceded into the office to finish some work and get dressed.

By 6:30 ish I figured it was sleep deprivation and went on with my morning routine. When all of a sudden one of our very modest and incurably dignified cats ran into the office let out a howl and pissed herself all over. I ran to her from the kitchen because this was one of those "OMG help me" kind of meows. Her eyes looked up at me so pitifully and she was frozen. I went to reach for her my husband had jump out of his chair and was going to reach for her too, when the painting hanging above her crashed to the floor. she ran like all hell out of the office (BTW neither of our cats have ever been the same since this event). Husband and I dumbfounded just stared at each other. I guess all I could say to him that morning, besides I love you have a good day at work was "There is definitely something F####'d up going on in this apartment." I was left alone for the rest of the day until my husband came back from work, I did manage to nap but my cats were glued to my sides the whole day. On the alert the whole time. We talked about it when he got home and tried to make sense of it all.

That following weekend we visited my parents and because it was so heavy on my mind I divulged it to them. My Dad is pretty staunch in his beliefs and said its evil and gave me some holy water and pressed me to contact my local church. Bewildered I went home that night, holy water in tow and just sorta sprinkled it around and said the rosary. I must admit it was probably the first time in a long time I felt deeply comforted, as if everything was going to be OK. I did look into my local church to speak with the priest about the occurrences but I got a really really weird feeling about him, something cold emotionless and dark. Which is odd, I mean I do have gut feelings but none so "vivid" for lack of a better word. I did try going to mass for a while after wards but by the time I had sprinkled the holy water around and said the rosary No other occurrences happened. As aforementioned I am very skeptical of the paranormal, I don't know why still to this day we saw what we saw and I felt what I felt. Maybe one of you wonderful fellow ATS'er may have some insight. But this has been long thread and I thank you for reading this has just been my experience with the "shadow people"

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think your thread was really interesting and since reading it the other day i have kept checking back to see if there were any replies from people who might have knowledge of such things. I can't understand why some threads get loads of answers whilst equally good ones like yours don't seem to be picked up on. I feel sorry for your cat,i have a dog and often she acts as if she is watching something,then she dives under the nearest bed or table. For a cat to suddenly wet itself is bizarre, i know how worried i would be if my dog did that after years with no accidents in the house.Anyway iv'e not got much experience in shadow people or whatever you saw but hopefully a few experienced members will let you know their opinion. I will keep checking back to see if you get anymore interest in your experiences.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

Thanks for reading
I'm also wondering why there hasn't been much of a response either, but I kinda figure with all that is going on in ATS due to current events people don't what to read a ghost story lol. Hopefully though as things die down maybe someone might have some answers or advice for me. Nothing really have happened since, but I sure would like to know why it happened at all

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I read your story and wanted to comment to give you some direction, of what to think of the events that you experienced.

First of all, ghosts travel in the shape of an orb. A circle is the most simple form of travel for a spirit to take. Secondly, the color of the ghost- whether it be a misty white or a black shadow does not indicate it being good or evil. That is a misconception. A black shadow is a partial manifestation, just like a white mist. Third, I have lived in apartments for the past 10 years and they are always filled with 'yucky' residual energy and more often than not, a few ghosts with it. It is important when moving into a new space to clear the space, using sage and incense, prayer and holy water if you are catholic. Symbolically it represents your intention to clear the ghost out of your home, it is not directly related to the objects that hold its power to force the spriit to leave. Thats why clearing a home isnt always successful. If you have a stubborn spirit, it may not want to leave, and that will require extra effort in removing.

A Black orb is definately something I have yet to see, and especially since you perceived it as a crow or a raven. I imagine that the spirit put that intention for you to perceive it as such, and that it was trying to scare you. My impression is that this spirit in your home was a negative spirit. Not demonic, but angry and trying to get a rise out of you.

Since you mentioned this happened in 2008- what has happened since then?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm giving you a s/f for such an interesting read. I'm willing to bet that this sort of thing happens a lot and most people don't even notice. I'm glad you have found some peace with the experience but doubt you will ever get an answer as to what and why.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Thank you very much for this information! It helps me understand as to why. If I may ask would negative events occurring around me at the time have opened me up to such a thing? I think when I look back at it I was far more annoyed than scared, something deep down inside of me was actually furious at this "intrusion" which kinda got to me. Not much has happened since that particular day in 2008 but the days that followed did have some events that happened. I was hesitant talking about those following days because of my Faith, but I should mentioned them now maybe.

Ok as I had mentioned we were in distress prior to this incident because of my in-laws. My Husbands family is what I would consider evil. Not the stereotypical daughter in-law vs Mother in law evil we see on TV. But more like they are so consumed in their own miserable existence they have created for themselves that anything good and pure that comes into their lives they destroy. And that's all I want to say about them right now without getting frustrated, also partly part of me believes their negativity may have brought this on. Misery desires company.

Secondly, and this is where I get a little weary about talking about my faith on ATS, I don't want to get into a fight about my Gods better than your God. However I do feel its important I at least share my feelings at that time if it means I will get answers. When I said the rosary I felt an overwhelming sense of peace come over me, I felt as if (and this is the best way I can describe it) I was a little kid again being held in my mom's arms. I cried because of this amazing comfort, and that's when I knew things where going to be OK. However as soon as I finished my prayer, (and I mention this next part, only because I discussed this my Husband, while we were trying to make sense of everything) the biggest meanest ugliest black with white speckles and striped centipede came in from my window. Along with the following day our phone blew up with calls from his Aunt, his Sister and his brother as if SHTF and it was being purged. Needless to say we changed our phone number.

Also for one of my birthdays my parents had gotten me a whole slew of art work from Home Goods to throw on the walls, because you cant really decorate an apartment. One of the pieces, a small print of a sketch that appeared to be one of Michelangelo's renditions Madonna and Child. I hung it in our bedroom and put a flower head wreath over the corner of it. After the events that happened I would find that wreath had fallen off the picture and on to the floor several feet away. It had gotten to the point where I was so tired picking in up and hanging it back on the picture that I just didn't bother with it anymore. That is about all I can say about the events in 2008.

As for through out my life until now, I've always had "gut feelings" or intuitiveness, nothing I would say would be more powerful than any-other woman's intuition or anyone else gut feelings. Though there were times as a teen and my early 20's when I would be around "psychically inclined" people lets say lol...I would get migraine headaches and my vision would be impaired by the auras association with migraines. Also as a child I would hate being awake in the middle of the night in the dark like most kids, I would work myself and be in a state of fear so badly that when I finally would muster up the courage to turn on my bed side table the light would burn out instantly after I turned it on. So much so that my mom had no idea how I went through some many light bulbs that she just left the hall light on for me.

But I digress, I think about all these things after the fact and still hold them up to the magnifying glass of reason and logic. However on my quest to get answers for that day in 2008, I remember other odd things that happened or still happen now such as lights going out when my emotions are high and fearful mostly. I do get annoyed about that though especially when I am tripping over things in the dark have to "go" in the middle of the night as my hand fumbles for the light switch I search with bated breath begging the light turns on hahaha. But its more the annoyance of knowing I'll have to wee in the dark and in the day I'll have to risk breaking my neck to put a new bulb in.

Sorry for yet another long post but, could any of this extra information explain much else?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Also why would it attack a poor harmless little cat? That sorta grinds my gears

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oldsoulnewmind

I think, that you and I experience something similiar, what my mother calls "spiritual warfare". Our faith, our spirituality, is constantly being under attack by evil (satan, the darkside, whatever you believe is the polar opposite of god). My mother, is a die hard christian and wife of a pastor. I was raised catholic, and in my teens began having more of a new age belief system. But- God is God and Satan is Satan. And spiritual warfare happens to people of all faiths.

People of strong faith, character, and good people are constantly under attack of the devil's minions. I dont really understand why, other than they feed off of the negative energy. Or that they get "brownie points" when they create havic or disaster in someones lives.

It seems that prayer, had a great effect in your situation and it stopped the haunting activity in your home in 2008. Which is great. But you have to know, that you can expect this type of "attack" for the rest of your life. It may come in the form of a haunting, or just bad luck. But people who are sensitive's and who are spiritual tend to be the target of the darkside.

Its important to remember, to hold onto your faith during these times. Call on an archangel, and they will come directly to you for help, with demons or ghosts. I call on Michael for my hardest cases, ghosts, and demons. He is the destroyer of evil, and is exceptionally capable of removing such beings.

Hope I could help

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I wouldnt consider it evil, but the fact that it was messing with your cats could mean something was having a little fun at their expense.

weird

good story.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Thanks just writing it out helps to.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by esqONE

Thanks I only hope it wasn't evil, though I feel it definitely wasn't good if it was trying to hurt my cat and / or myself

new topics

top topics

join