It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the world is ending..who was right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lets say the world was ending positively...

Which religion is right?
The one that killed the most people?
The one that helped the most people?

Or was they all wrong?

And the common man who had no belief system at all who did NO wrong in his life was correct?

Just a curious question.

Cause all cant be right.
Yet all can be wrong.

So who gets to go to heaven or a good place?
Only the religious of the correct religion?
Or any person who is good As we all know what is good and what is evil or bad.
So basically a good guy.

What say you guys?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well I guess it depends on HOW it ends and what happens AFTER it ends. If good ol' Jesus swoops down and people start disappearing.......I'll be the first person to stand up and say "Ok Jesus, you got me, NOW I believe" But if Yellowstone blows sky high and everyone ends up dying, slowly, from a nuclear type winter and after we die we end up being balls of energy that are able to traverse then entire galaxy then I'd say "see, I told you so"

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

First of all the world is ending...it has been ending ever since it was created. Nothing last forever in the physical world, we don't know when it will happen or why it will happen, or what will cause it to happen.

When it comes to who will be spared from the torment and be taken to that great big fluffy cloud kingdom in the sky. IMO no one. Because that place doesn't exist. There is no cosmic law of good and evil, it is a man made creation. All that exists in the universe is harmony which is gray, not black or white No one will be judged by some tyrant god for the little things we have done here.

The reality of existence is greater than we all can imagine.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Openeye because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
All roads lead to heaven .................... if you want to go there?????

Personally I prefer reincarnation and I'm off to .......... my, the cosmos is my oyster............................

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Thank you, I could not have put it better.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Perhaps the world isn't ending but only beginning? Even awakening...

Maybe the end is comming for the ones that rule us...

Be positive guys, the world isn't ending

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

There is no good or evil, nor a place where the wicked are punished or the good rewarded. Awareness of the Illusion of Duality is an important part of awakening.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What if you are living in the jungle and never heard of religion...or the end of the world... they are doing just fine....
Some say you attract to you the things you feel, when i feel the end of the wold is coming... Then i take a break and turn off the computre and the tv, then go outside for while...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

There is no good or evil, nor a place where the wicked are punished or the good rewarded. Awareness of the Illusion of Duality is an important part of awakening.

So your saying its not evil to rape a child?
and helping a total stranger with no intent for a reward isnt good?

I think your wrong.
But to each there own right? lol

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

As mere mortals, who are we to determine which side was right or wrong? It's a futile exercise.

As for any reward we may or may not receive in the afterlife (provided one believes in such a thing), that is a judgment that can only be made by a higher power.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am just saying the whole heaven hell that all major relgions use is just another way into scarring you into there religion.
Heck i am the first to admit i am skeptical on religion for more than one reason.
But because i was raised in the system of god is real dont question it.
I fear it.
Alot like others on here i assume.

But My point was the gaping hole in this idea.
I have heard christains say if your not christains you go to hell.
Muslims do the same.
And both of those have and do kill in the name of there creator.
Like a god would want you to kill others in his name lol
I cant grasp this idea...therefore it has to be mans twisted idea of what he thinks a god would want done.
and that is sickening.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

I think your wrong.

Yes it is wrong and we would consider it evil to rape a child or murder another human being.

But will those who rape, pillage and kill be punished. And will all those who do good be rewarded. No. It is a nice thought but it makes no sense. Why should we be good? So we can be rewarded? Is it not better to be good in a universe that has no cosmic morals and no promise of rewards.

This is the problem with the dogma of religion telling us to be good and we will reap the benefits, or we will be cast into the lake of fire or be reincarnated as an earthworm. But to be a "beacon of light in the darkness" where no celestial reward awaits you is even more rewarding. IMO

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Religion was created by Satan as a tool to keep us humans in conflict with each other. The bible/Quaran are used to instill fear, as fear has always been a great motivater to get us to do whatever needs to be done...clean your room or you will get a spanking....do this my way or lose your job....kill or be killed ect...

The only one who knew the "truth" was Jesus, and the authorities killed him for spreading the truth.

The World will not end, but all of us will soon enough surrender our physical bodies in order to return to our original state....spirits of energy.

Treat everyone as you would like to be treated, with Love and Respect.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

I think your wrong.

Good and evil are irrelevant. Is it good or evil to kill people in a video game? This flesh and blood reality is just a game for us by us to experience us.

I love a good debate so some food for thought. Perhaps that baby would have been the next Hitler. Or that stranger you helped is a pedophile.

top topics

join