It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Honor Of His Pending Departure: The Top 10 Craziest Things Glenn Beck Ever Said.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well as it turns out, what used to be just rumors, regarding Beck losing his cable spot on Fox, are in fact coming to pass and it looks like Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones are going to be forced to make room for dear old Glenn Beck out there on the fringes. For once Fox News is making the right decision, even if it is for purely financial reasons. Damn, I feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, I actually said Fox News did something right.

I think it's now safe to say that it's no longer just a rumor, but he is fact leaving. Of course, that just opens up the door for all the new rumors regarding the actual reasons for his departure. Here are a few articles covering his soon-to-be departure with reasons ranging from him calling the President a racist to insulting the Jews and more;

today.msnbc.msn.com...
www.bloomberg.com...
patdollard.com...
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Anyway, not to keep you waiting any longer, here's the title article containing the list of the top 10 craziest things he's ever said and a poll to register your vote for the one you think is the craziest; (I had a really hard time choosing)

www.rawstory.com...

So I guess that as far as Fox News is concerned, it's "goodbye Beck" and "hello Trump." Just what they needed, another "Blonde Airhead," (no offense to any blondes reading this post.) Can't wait to see how that works for them.

IMO, I think that Fox just decided to switch the on camera face from Beck to Trump while maintaining the constant message of fear, conspiracies and alienation. According to some of the source articles above, Beck is going to continue working for Fox News somewhere in the programing dept.. Or maybe, Trump is going to hire Beck as one of his "investigators" to look into the "birther" thing out in Hawaii.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I, for one, shall miss Beck.

I may not like everything he says, and some things I don't agree on, but at least he's giving the other side of the story instead of what's on the regular entertainm- I mean, regular news channels.

But hating the 9/11 victims' families is pretty screwed up.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
One of my favorite beck moments.

I will miss the comedy value in Beck

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

10. "God is giving a plan I think to me that is not really a plan. The problem is that I think the plan that the Lord would have us follow is hard for people to understand. Because of my track record with you who have been here for a long time. Because of my track record with you, I beg of you to help me get this message out, and I beg of you to pray for clarity on my part." Why is this crazy? oh let me guess, there is no God?
-- April 20, 2010

9. "I don't think we came from monkeys. I think that's ridiculous. I haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet."
-- May 18, 2010 so? I haven't seen a half-monkey person either, have you? how is this crazy?

8. "I know the progressives are using progressive tactics. They're not using Nazi tactics. The real answer is the Nazis were using early American progressive tactics. And that's not my opinion, that's historic fact." I agree, he did stress that the early nazis were doing it, NOT the later, jew killing nazis and he is correct...learn2history

7. "You know, we all have our inner demons. I, for one – I can’t speak for you, but I’m on the verge of moral collapse at any time. It can happen by the end of the show." He made an honest statement, how is this crazy? the guy admits he is on the verge of moral collapse, I don't see the problem here.... learn2criticize
-- Nov. 6, 2006

6. "This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture. I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist." I know alot of people that would agree with him here but they are to scared of ridicule to say it. Glenn just has bigger cajones than most that's all.
-- July 28, 2009

5. ''There are a lot of universities that are as dangerous with the indoctrination of the children as terrorists are in Iran or North Korea. We have been setting up reeducation camps. We call them universities.'' I agree with him here, he didn't say ALL universities, he said "a lot of universities" this is a FACT
-- Sept. 1, 2010

4. "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now." this is what he means by being on the verge of moral collapse, I can't advocate killing anyone and this statement does seem crazy.
-- May 17, 2005

3. "The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." this is true, nothing against the non-scumbag katrina victims but this is a statement against the MSM actually for choosing who to show on t.v. this one falls under FAIL for crazy
-- Sept. 9, 2005

2. "You know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims' families. It took me about a year. Just like, oh, shut up. I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. [...] I didn't think I could hate victims faster than the 9/11 victims." I don't agree with hating anyone but..well except Nancy Pelosi and queen Barney Frank...I hate those two, so hating people that get on his nerve?=not crazy, =normal and yet another crazy FAIL for you and the guy that wrote the article.
-- Sept. 9, 2005

1. "They [Democrats in Congress] believe in communism. They believe and have called for a revolution. You're going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you.'' uh, what is crazy here? this is absolute fact. we may yet have to shoot them in the head. FAIL!
-- June 9, 2010

Bonus quote: "Let me tell you this. They shut me down on radio, that's fine, I'll do TV. They shut me down on TV, that's fine, I'll do Internet. They shut me down on the Internet, that's fine, I'll do stage shows. They shut me down on stage shows, that's fine, I'll go door to door. You will have to shoot me in the head. We are not stopping."this just means he is determined, and yes he actually does all those medias and makes tons of money doing it, he is crazy all the way to the bank! crazy like a fox!
-- May 18, 2010

/thread = FAIL

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Holy crap, he will be gone soon
maybe there is a god......

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

Fact; Just because you agree with him, doesn't make him any less crazy. You do know, I hope, that there is another possible explanation for your tendency to agree with him. He does have an audience after all, could it be that they're crazy too?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The reason that he is leaving Fox News is to make a run for the office of Presidency. He has the financial backing (Mormon church is rich! plus he has some bank that he made through his own hard work and success) and he has a rather large following. He could steal some votes if he ran but I do not think he could take down Bo.

Beck/Sheen 2012 The Winning Team for a better tomorrow

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

He does have an audience after all, could it be that they're crazy too?

He had over 2 million viewers, are you actually saying there is 2 million and 1 crazy people in the U.S.?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I would venture to say that's a low number, sweetheart.

Take a look around, I think that it's just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The only thing Beck said that has any meaning is.. "I'm just a rodeo clown"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm going to have to come out and say - the only two comments that I find worthy of this topic are the 9/11 victims and the Michael Moore one.

BUT, the 9/11 victims quote doesn't show him to be crazy, in shows him to be unsympathetic. I guess with today's standards that is considered "crazy".

The Michael Moore comment, as usual, is taken out of context. The original quote was said in sarcasm. Even taken in context, it isn't that bad.

I disagree with Beck's stance on 9/11, and I believe his stance that Soros is the ring leader of all bad things is only scratching the surface of the rabbit hole. He has said many things I disagree with, yet he has said many things that I can agree with. He has showed compassion towards people and in his own way he has done more to open peoples eyes to the truth, and more importantly HISTORY than anyone in the pack decade.

It stills shocks me to no end to see the blatant hate for Beck on ATS, the unyielding, uncalled for demonetization of a man who has shown time and time again that he is playing his part to do what he thinks is right to help people in this country. People will ridicule him because he makes money, people will take everything he says out of context, and honestly, I will never understand how so many people can pass judgment on someone that they literally know next to nothing about.

Has Beck made some wild statement? He sure has. Has he made some human mistakes that all of us can relate to in some form or another? You bet.

But I guaran-damn-tee that Glenn Beck has down more good and has had more of an impact on the United States than every person in this topic combined, and I daresay on ATS combined.

So run off with you hate. Run away with your judgment. One day you will be judged as well, if not by a higher power, than by your fellow man. And you too will realize that just like Glenn Beck... you are just a human being, with human standards, human emotions, and human instincts. The only difference is that Beck clearly has ball cahones than anyone on here.

I rest my case.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying

Originally posted by Flatfish

He does have an audience after all, could it be that they're crazy too?

He had over 2 million viewers, are you actually saying there is 2 million and 1 crazy people in the U.S.?

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I'm saying. I certainly hope your belief that their can't be 2 million crazy people here in the U.S. is not the basis for which you determined him to be sane. To tell you the truth, I never realized that we had such a healthy crop of crazy people in this country until Beck started preaching his garbage and attracted such a large fan club in the process. Knowing what I know today, I would agree with redNyx that 2 million+1 is more than likely a low number.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

I disagree with Beck's stance on 9/11, and I believe his stance that Soros is the ring leader of all bad things is only scratching the surface of the rabbit hole. He has said many things I disagree with, yet he has said many things that I can agree with. He has showed compassion towards people and in his own way he has done more to open peoples eyes to the truth, and more importantly HISTORY than anyone in the pack decade.

It stills shocks me to no end to see the blatant hate for Beck on ATS, the unyielding, uncalled for demonetization of a man who has shown time and time again that he is playing his part to do what he thinks is right to help people in this country. People will ridicule him because he makes money, people will take everything he says out of context, and honestly, I will never understand how so many people can pass judgment on someone that they literally know next to nothing about.

Has Beck made some wild statement? He sure has. Has he made some human mistakes that all of us can relate to in some form or another? You bet.

But I guaran-damn-tee that Glenn Beck has down more good and has had more of an impact on the United States than every person in this topic combined, and I daresay on ATS combined.

So run off with you hate. Run away with your judgment. One day you will be judged as well, if not by a higher power, than by your fellow man. And you too will realize that just like Glenn Beck... you are just a human being, with human standards, human emotions, and human instincts. The only difference is that Beck clearly has ball cahones than anyone on here.

I rest my case.

George Soros has been the whipping post for the conservative movement far longer than Glenn Beck has been around, so what's so ballsy about making those accusations?

I have never witnessed what I would consider to be "genuine compassion" coming from Glenn Beck, maybe I missed it. Glenn Beck, much like Sarah Palin, does absolutely nothing that is not about making more money. Like his college program for tea baggers who needed to learn a version of U.S. history that would support their aspirations to take this country back to the days of slavery and legalized child labor.

While we're on the topic of U.S. history, I think it would be closer to the truth to state that no one has done more to distort U.S. history than Glenn Beck. Well, I don't know, Michelle Bachman has made some pretty far reaching claims regarding U.S. history too. Worst case scenario, he would come in a close 2nd.

As for "Hate," let me make myself perfectly clear, "I don't hate Glenn Beck" and I don't advocate that anyone else does either. Actually, in my book "hate" is a much worse word than most curse words. My wife & I did not allow our children to use the word growing up and they don't allow our grandchildren to use it either. As a matter of fact, my grandson just won 1st place in his 1st grade science fair for demonstrating the effects of "hate thoughts" as opposed to "love thoughts" upon rice. So needless to say, you're way off base if you're accusing me of hating Glenn Beck. "Out of Chaos, Comes Order" and I just see Beck for what he is, which is part of the chaos. In the Yin & Yang of things, someone has to be the Yin and someone has to be the Yang, otherwise there is no balance.

Even though I truly believe that Beck has done irrefutable harm to the country, I also agree that Beck has done a lot of good for the country too, but probably not in the way you meant it. I thank Glenn Beck for showing the country the true nature of the republican/tea party and what they will do if left unchecked. Glenn Beck attracted such favorable ratings that republicans began to think that it was time to make their move and make it they have. Just look at what the republican governors are attempting across the northeast. The fact that he is losing sponsors and his ratings are falling is a clear sign that "Order" is beginning to emerge out of the "Chaos" he initiated.

I just happen to think the man is more than a little bit crazy, but then I think the same thing about Bachman, Palin and Limbaugh too. By the way, I'm not going to miss him either.

edit on 7-4-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It is obvious that you believe anyone that disagrees with you is crazy. How about Pelosi, Reid and Barney Frank? are they maybe a little crazy? nevermind I already know what your answer will be.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

You sound like a textbook fan of Beck's, one that will defend anything the man says.

If anything, Beck has done more harm than good in the rise of crazy right-wingers.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Why do you hate Barney Frank so much?

Did he take a # in your bowl this morning?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying

It is obvious that you believe anyone that disagrees with you is crazy. How about Pelosi, Reid and Barney Frank? are they maybe a little crazy? nevermind I already know what your answer will be.

This has nothing to do with whether or not someone agrees with me or me with them. Throughout my life, many people have disagreed with me but, by and large, the vast majority are not crazy. Glenn Beck on the other hand is a verifiable nut job because of the fact that he actually believes the lies, conspiracies and the distorted version of U.S. history that he professes on national T.V.. He reminds me of some gullible sap who just read Alex Jones material for the first time and is running around shouting that the sky is falling. But, I guess you already knew that.

Last night, Jon Stewart did the best impersonation of Beck that he's ever done where he clearly demonstrates just how crazy Beck is. I couldn't find it on utube or google video yet but it can be viewed here;
www.thedailyshow.com...
edit on 8-4-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

As I said, Glenn's vision of Soros, to me, is off base. He hasn't brought anything "new" per-say to the table, but he did get peoples minds thinking.

I have never witnessed what I would consider to be "genuine compassion" coming from Glenn Beck, maybe I missed it.

What about the 9/12 rally? Did he do THAT to make money? Cause I didn't see a price tag on it.
What about the Christmas thing he did in Ohio this past December? Did he make money there too?
What about the fact that he lets all service members in to see any of his shows for free?

The guy isn't a saint by any stretch of the imagination. BUT, when it comes to doing things that make money as opposed to acts of compassion that are done out of his own pocket, look at any media figure whatsoever, be him republican, democrat, libertarian, ect. THEY ALL MAKE MONEY ON THEIR PRODUCT. Yet people will single out Beck as if he is the only damn person in the world to make money doing a job. People need to recognize the kettle and the pot.

As far as history is concerned, maybe he has had leniency with history. Maybe he has put his own spin on it. BUT, on his Friday show he has spent countless hours educating people on the Founding Fathers and the founding documents of the country. Normally, these people would never give two turds about such, but Beck made them care. And no, he didn't skew their history as everything he has said on such can be researched and looked up yourself. This skewing of history you speak of is either non-existent or done in such small amounts that it has not had the effect you are speaking of as in "irrefutable harm" to this country.

I daresay you are a Democrat, because my your response you seem to believe that 90% of Republican leadership is crazy. I believe that 90% of Republicans AND Democrats are crazy, and I don't let my personal beliefs in government come between rationality and ignorance.

reply to post by The Sword

You sound like a textbook fan of Beck's, one that will defend anything the man says.

If anything, Beck has done more harm than good in the rise of crazy right-wingers.

That's a big negative. I believe in my initial post I criticized some of the things he said and did. I don't believe in a lot that Glenn Beck has to offer. I watch his show sporadically and listen to the radio show on my morning commute on occasion.

Glenn Beck believes in non-violence. I believe violence will be necessary.
Glenn Beck believes George Soros is the mastermind of chaos. I believe he is one of many.
Glenn Beck believes faith in God will get us through these time. I believe faith in mankind will.

These are the three core beliefs of Glenn Beck. I disagree with all of them. I disagree with his stance on the Middle East. I disagree with his stance on some of the organizations he demotes. I disagree with some of the cock and bull stuff that he has said.

BUT, I do agree with him that these times are hard and they are only going to get worse.
I do agree in his message to better be prepared than sorry when the time comes.
I do agree that there are many institutions in the US hell bent on destroying our liberties.
I do agree that America suffers from a severe lack of morals and ethics than it used to have.
I do agree that there are socialists in government who seek to destroy the current system.
BUT I also agree that this system is bunk, and it needs to be destroyed - just not by them.

If this sounds like a textbook Glenn Beck fan, sir, this is a textbook fan of FREEDOM and OPEN MINDEDNESS. I don't listen to a damn thing Beck says without researching it myself. The simple fact is, 90% of the time, the information he gives is words straight out of the horses mouth and can all be confirmed. He adds his opinions on his shows as to whats going on, but anyone who has half a mind will be able to formulate their own opinions on what is going on.

I know many people who are what you call "textbook Glenn Beck fans" and guess what? I don't see them going around preaching information about history that is wrong and I don't see them causing harm to other people. I see them storing food and preparing for the worst. I hear them telling other people not to worry because if things get bad, they will have their back. I see them practicing renewed morals and ethics that have been lost.

So before you people go out and criticize fans of Glenn Beck or the man himself, why don't you actually step out into the world, get to know these so called "textbook fans" for who they are instead of slapping a stereotype on them. Because of Beck, there are people out there who are BETTER people and showing more compassion then they ever would have before. To me, that is nowhere near "irrefutable harm", to me, that is exactly what this country needs.

If you feel otherwise, congratulations. You have that right. But you do not have the right to judge people you don't even know.

new topics

top topics

join