It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

Ummm, the story is iffy at best. Find me a piece of ordinary concrete that can be polished so fine that it works like a mirror (without any chemical treatment) and I would be impressed.

It was an interesting read but that's about it, I don't lend much credibility to this story seeing as it happened so long ago, not one block was kept (it's a coal mine there's no worry about people stealing from the mine) and not one photo of it taken?

I call this one an unsubstantiated fish tale at best, without much of anything to establish if there's a thread of truth in this or not.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
SO this concrete wall somehow survived for 250 million years under pressure and heat (the process needed to make coal). I smell BS.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In his book Forbidden Archaeology, Michael Cremo has posted hundreds of cases of OOPARTS and cases of technology, artwork, devices, etc that by most scientist should not exist. He and his crew found and investigated items that are far older that man is supposed to be. When you think about it though, who is not to say we have not passed this way before? The planet is almost 5 byo. In all of that time, humans could have lived, developed advanced technology and (if they are anything like us) destroyed themselves over and over again. There was a show on the DISCOVERY Chanel that was called Earth without People or something like that and in it they sucked out all the people to see how quickly all evidence of us would disappear. It was not as long as you would think. If you throw in some earthquakes, tsunamis, a meteor hit or two, or a few floods, there would not be much of anything left in 10,000 years. The only thing that remains is stone. Glass breaks, iron rusts, plants take over and bury and break down concrete and other structures. Google Forbidden Archeology for some good info.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
Yet another example of out worthless carbon dating is.

Could you please tell me how you would go about carbon dating a '286 milion year old' piece of concrete?

You can't, carbon dating is only used for objects several 10's of 1000's of years old. Uranium isotope dating is used for things which are older as it has a slower rate of decay.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
The planet is almost 5 byo. In all of that time, humans could have lived, developed advanced technology and (if they are anything like us) destroyed themselves over and over again.

For most of that time the planet was uninhabitable by any life.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
Yet another example of out worthless carbon dating is.

Could you please tell me how you would go about carbon dating a '286 milion year old' piece of concrete?

You can't, carbon dating is only used for objects several 10's of 1000's of years old. Uranium isotope dating is used for things which are older as it has a slower rate of decay.

My point, exactly.

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
In his book Forbidden Archaeology, Michael Cremo has posted hundreds of cases of OOPARTS and cases of technology, artwork, devices, etc that by most scientist should not exist. He and his crew found and investigated items that are far older that man is supposed to be. ...Google Forbidden Archeology for some good info.

And as for Cremo, while entertaining, I would direct one to the wiki posting for a thumbnail critique:

Forbidden Archeology has been criticized for failing to test simpler hypotheses before proceeding to propose more complex ones (a violation of Occam's razor) and for cherry picking outdated evidence (often from the 19th and early 20th century) that supports their position while ignoring or ridiculing more recent information that refutes or challenges their claims.[16] Tom Morrow of the National Center for Science Education noted that Cremo's "specimens no longer exist" and called his work pseudoscience. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-4-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

SO this concrete wall somehow survived for 250 million years under pressure and heat (the process needed to make coal). I smell BS.

signature:
"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." - M. C. Escher

In that case , maybe you should reconsider your signature ?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldsoulnewmind
This might be a silly question but, if this wall was found in an area rich with coal (possibly dating 286M years itself) does that necessarily make the wall 286M yr old? ...*feeling sheepish, readying for a "schooling", please be gentle*

That's a very good question, and no it does not mean the wall is ~280 mil years old. After all if we left tools or artifacts in those mines and they were found 10,000 years from now, it would not mean they'd been there for millions of years.

However, unless corridors are found that were not made by us, or records found that someone else had dug 2 miles into the ground prior to 1928, we have to assume that the artifacts are of an undetermined age and potentially 280 million years old as well, without directly dating on the artifacts themselves.

But I have a question too. Why would the mining officers react so quickly and remove the workers and re-assign them? Wouldn't the mining company be interested in something like this unless they were expecting to find it?

Khar

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Research dude, the whole planet was not snowballed. The North and South pole and a great deal of area below that was indeed snow covered, but the mid-latitudes were not frozen. It might have been cold but not uninhabitable.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My question about this is one based on pragmatism, and a fustration with the back and forth of mere debate. I live in the UK, but if I had the good fortune to be living close to this mine, I would want to know who owns it now, if anyone, and what the legal implications and saftey requirements would be, of doing a reccy of the area myself.
Anyone living close to this place , and with face to face access to the county records department (I hear theres one in every county) could do worse than checking the available facts of this case.
When they dug up a Saxon King close by where I live, myself and various other local interested parties went and had a look for our selves (at this time I was homeless and had no camera or anything else besides a change of clothes and my tooth brush). I really think that some times we here at ATS become so used to debating the reality of a subject, that it prevents some of us from taking a hand in solving the riddles we debate once and for all, the only way that counts. With firm evidence.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It's starting to intrigue me to the point that I may just make this one of my summer road trips this year . I am only a few hours drive from Heavener , as I live outside of Tulsa . I've been through Heavener a few times in the past , as one of my honey-holes (fishing spot) is located in that area .

We'll see if we might work it in this year .

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

If you go be careful... Please

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Huh??? The first paragraph of the attached article ( Linked by OP) states that civilization started in 1850. Guess America was started in the pre historic era. With a glaring error like that how much of the article can we trust?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The mines exist. I live on the AR/OK state line, not far from Heavener. Around the time this story occurred, there was definitely mining going on in that very area.

Has anyone researched the Heavener Runestone?

.Heavener Runestone Link 1

Heavener Runestone Link 2

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I heard about this on a coast to coast am show. I think the guest was michael cremo. Not sure on that last name spelling. He should have a book called forbidden archeology.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

A moot point given that only very basic of multicellar life existed at the time - the Pre-Cambrian explosion only following afterwards. Though the argument seems to be that this occurred at least 1,500,000,000 years after humans appeared on the planet!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
what a laugh!
people actually believe the earth is 286 million years old!

The earth is over 4.5 billion years old but whats your point???

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
[more"]
Read "The Key" by whitley strieber,you may find a few answers as to mans true age and our hidden history-it all depends what you believe but to me it makes a lot of sense.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
wow...u dont even need a photo to get excited ?

My god.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

To Add, the guy said he was able to crack it open with his mining tool!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join