It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who interacted within this thread. As I said I been processing this for over 2 years. Feel free to add more data if you can find it.

Thanks again

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

ok - i have numerous issues with this story

This was a shaft mine, and they told us it was two miles deep.
]

utter twaddle the deepest shaft mines ever sunk in the USA were only 1.5 miles deep

The mine was so deep that they let us down into it on an elevator....

the correct term is a cage , and its standard practice in all modern shaft collieries

They pumped air down to us,

thats called the ventilation circuit - again a standard feature in coal mines

it was so deep.

the depth is irrelevant - coal out gasses methan , hydrogen suphide , carbon dioxide , carbon monoxide when exposed - these have to be constrantly extracted

Mathis was blasting coal loose by explosives in "room 24" of this mine.

coal mines dont have " rooms " they have galleries

has the alleged mr mathias ever been anywhere near a coal mine ?????????

"there were several concrete blocks laying in the room. These blocks were 12-inch cubes and were so smooth and polished on the outside that all six sides could serve as mirrors.

that would be that special magic concrete that you can polish

now i know that this tale did not origionate in a real coal mine - after blasting and an alleged collapse - nothing would be " mirror finnished "

appologies folks - this just screams bovine excrement on every level

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

S&F'd a while back. Happy to participate

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Thanks for the help, it was noticed

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I guess terminology could change and evolve from 1928 until now. But like I said before I'm not familiar with mining, much less the terminology or how common it is. I know people who have used pc's for years and still call something a "doo hickey", or that thing that plugs into the back.

But as I've previously stated, his information is available and posted by him. Call him up and tell him you'd like to meet him face to face so you can call him and his grandfather a liar.

I'm anxious as to how that turns out, maybe he'll show you information. Or a closed fist.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

That story is about 100 years old, so technologically, they were quite inferior. Back then, doctors were still prescribing tar plaster and castor oil as cures. Many of the findings of these OOParts have been supressed as noted here.. Here's a clip:

However, it is not so easy to penetrate through the smokescreen of propaganda and disinformation to get to their underlying motives and by "THE BRAIN POLICE" AND "THE BIG LIE" goals. It would be convenient if we could point to a plumber's unit and a boldface liar like Richard Nixon, but this is a more subtle operation.

The bad news: the conspiracy is global and there are many vested interest groups. A cursory investigation yields the usual suspects: scientists with a theoretical axe to grind, careers to further and the status quo to maintain. Their modus operandi is "The Big Lie"--and the bigger and more widely publicised, the better.

They rely on invoking their academic credentials to support their arguments, and the presumption is that no one has the right to question their authoritarian pronouncements that:

1. there is no mystery about who built the Great Pyramid or what the methods of construction were, and the Sphinx shows no signs of water damage;
2. there were no humans in the Americas before 20,000 BC;
3. the first civilisation dates back no further than 6000 BC;
4. there are no documented anomalous, unexplained or enigmatic data to take into account;
5. there are no lost or unaccounted-for civilisations. Let the evidence to the contrary be damned!

It's like the history nazis.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by spikey
Weird, but possibly possible (if you see what i mean).

I see exactly what you mean my friend, thanks
edit on 4/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

If you liked that, how about this;

(It's your own fault for posting an interesting thread!)

There are a few 'way out' theories (hypotheses really, but) one is very ancient, but startlingly modern looking OOParts being dug up all around the world, are possibly due to time travellers from the future, or from another dimension (that would describe a TT too, but) and another is that in the ancient past, ET came and established bases here, possibly providing the spark that set life off and running here on Earth.

There's another that speculates we are a 'transfer species', having travelled to Earth from another, possibly doomed world, many hundreds of thousands or even millions of years ago. (or humans are simply *much* older)

What if 'we' are the product of all three hypotheses, but with a twist?

Picture this;

We *are* a transfer species...or rather we will be (were). We belong to a species of humans that at some point in the far flung future, in a distant corner of the Multiverse, detect a cataclysm so great and so terrible, that even they with their essentially magical, unbelievably advanced technology, cannot prevent or outrun..say...we're talking the death of their Universe? And it's their own fault!

What would they do, if at some point in their future, they develop fully functional dimensional/time travel and discover to their horror, that their experiments had literally started to destroy their Universe, the destruction spreading through time and space like a cancer eating away a living cell? (Dark matter...?)

They might discover that the damage to the fabric of space is too severe locally to simply go back in time and avert the disaster, besides, it could create a paradox and they would be back at step one again...they would have to travel out of their distant Universe or galaxy (if in this Universe) to another that is not being affected yet, but also have to go back in time 300 million years to escape the disaster, which was propagating through their local space, but also through Multiversal dimensional time reaching back intermittently to..say, 250 million years...

They could have come here, to Earth 300 million years ago, yet as of today, haven't even developed a written language from our perspective. (?!...They are in our future, before they become our past)..even if we had a means of communicating with them today, we couldn't warn them of their future cataclysm..if we did and the disaster was averted, WE would never exist, because they would not have escaped to ancient Earth and colonised it!

(..anyone still reading this drivel?
)

How about the CMB (cosmic microwave background) 'shell' around our observable Universe? Might this not be evidence of 'the big bang' and instead be the effects of this future/past cataclysm reaching through time and space?
(ok, the time is wrong 15-20 billion y.a. Versus 250 million...but time is 'weird'!!)

Heheh...i tried to warn you at the start of this post.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin

theres an old saying in texas.."never let the truth get in the way of a good story"..ive heard a number of stories about fascinating finds in coal mines ..they always seem to be hushed up ..and never have any actual facts to go on..now either the government are very good at been every where at once to hide these things from the public ...or ...its a very good story to make money in a time when it was very hard to come by...my moneys on the latter

Censorship was not and is not solely the work of the "government." Society and culture has changed drastically in the US since those days. Locally, religious beliefs, Christian style, had a heavy impact upon the common people about what they could accept and what was the work of the devil. Plus, the government in those days in the hinderlands was ruled--literally--by the country sherriff and the country judge. What they said was literally the law of the land. Especially the mine owners would have had a tremendous amount of power over their workers in this instance.

Possibly there is something to this story hopefully, somebody on ATS will work to see if that county has a historical association and can query it for more detials pro or con. That technique worked quite well for me many years ago when I wanted to track down the story of a hiefer caught in a fence on one end and caught around the neck with a rope from a UFO airship over head in 1887. It made a dandy story from the old days, in the newspaper and all, but it was just a tall story. 'Not saying that is the deal in this story however.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Well them being some in currents presents, future. And them having to come back to an ancient past to divert or avoid their future ele that would just tie so many knots in time space eventually making it unstable for time to even be managed or understood. Basically leaving some in current present lost in time space and making them somes future decendents.LOL

Good one

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It didn't say the blocks were concrete, it said they were filled with concrete.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Curiously though, there are lots of tales like this doing the rounds...table mountain in South Africa has numerous mines in and under it, and there are many reports of tales *very* similar to this one...strange iron hammers, tin cups, all sorts of things, found in deposits that are concretions laid millions of years ago.

And curiously enough no-one in recent times has ever found these mines, seen these artifacts, and, in fact, apart from 100 year old newspaper reports there is absolutely no evidence in support of the stories.

You don't think that then, as now, the media made up stories for the entertainment of their readers?

In 100 years time, ATS members will be discussing the existence of Batboy and the WWII Bomber found on the Moon, and poo-pooing the debunkers who try and argue they never really existed .......

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I love stories like this. thank you.
I would say mankind has risen and fallen many many times.
we just keep getting it wrong.
TPTB or Them know this and have found a lot from the past.
why do you think technology has jump’t so fast in the last 200 years?
before that thousands of years past with no technology jumps.
gunpowder came from china. we did nothing!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

that would be that special magic concrete that you can polish

Have you never seen polished concrete? It is quite common, and it can be polished to a mirror finish. It can also be engraved, dyed, and polished to look like marble or wood or any number of things. There is a lot of concrete art out there these days. A friend of mine has a bar that has concrete tops that look and feel like real marble, and you can see your reflection in them.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lyrian

A wall found in a coal mine at Heavener (Oklahoma, USA) According to a W W McCormick of Abilene (Texas, USA), his grandfather Atlas Almon Mathis had worked in a coal mine at Heavener (Oklahoma, USA), where a stone block wall was found in 1928. The published account states that the discovery was made in Room 24 of Mine number 5, two miles north of the town, said to have been some two miles deep. On the day following blasting in this room, a number of cubic blocks of ‘concrete’ measuring about 305 mm (12 inches) square were found. Their six faces were all polished smooth to the point that they gave mirror-quality reflections; when broken, they proved to be filled with gravelly concrete. The room is supposed to have collapsed before any further work could be done on shoring it up. The collapse revealed an entire wall made from the same type of blocks and a similar wall was exposed some 91 to 137 m (100 to 150 yards) farther into the mine. The source claims that as soon as it learned about the discoveries, the mine company immediately ordered the workers from the shaft and forbade them to talk about what they had found. Mathis also claimed to have spoken to miners at Wilburton who had found a solid block of barrel shaped silver, with the imprints of individual staves still visible in it. It is difficult to deal with this type of personal testimony. We don’t know who W W McCormick is or was, and there are a lot of McCormicks in Abilene: the best known is perhaps Wayne McCormick, a television newsreader. As for Atlas Mathis, the only trace of anyone by this name is in connection with this story: no records of birth, marriage or death, which is very suspicious. One blogger, White Rabbit (from Missouri, USA), claims to have spoken to a grandson who was raised by Mathis, but claims of this sort are not unusual in the blogosphere and must be treated with scepticism. The story, which was first reported by Brad Steiger in Worlds before Our Own (Putnam, 1978), has every appearance of a hoax. In the age of the internet, where checking the circumstantial details of these stories has become so much easier than it once was, those details, like the alleged Room 24, begin to crumble under a lack of evidence. This page was last updated on 28 July 2007 Written by Keith Fitzpatrick-Matthews

This doesnt appear to debunk the story. It only states a lack of historical proof. As an example, my great grandfather had no birth certificate, nor is there a death certificate. Yet he existed and the storys of his life account are factual,,,and NO, he isnt Obamam.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Reminds me of a post I started a few months back.

How old the human race really is?, My thoughts.

I find it ironic that some cant grasp the idea of the earth or the human race being older than they have been origionally taught. Or the possibility that there could have been another race here before us. After all, we have "written testiomony" of ancient egypt, but we can still not find definite proof of how even the pyramids were constructed, nor by whom.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

"Is humanity older then told and if so why only 200,000 years or so? "

Humans older then this.. probably not.. however other beings living on Earth/Eridu.. more then likely!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here is another interesting story, but this is in Texas:
Rockwall, TX

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by calmbutwary
Here is another interesting story, but this is in Texas:
Rockwall, TX

I've read about Rockwall. Really interesting. Here's a Link to over 70 pages of odd atifacts. The whole site is a good library of obscure info.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Huge amount of text on this and definitely worth the read about the underground empires throughout the world. Covers everything in one place.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is an extremely interesting article of expeditions carried out by the Smithsonian Institute and like many others the information was buried by them as all the text books would have to be rewritten.

This one is of the huge tunnels and strange caves found in the Grand Canyon big enough to house 50,000 people dating way, way back in time.

www.xpeditionsmagazine.com...

There is so much evidence of similar stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join