It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Weird, but possibly possible (if you see what i mean).

I see exactly what you mean my friend, thanks
edit on 4/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You know what I find fascinating?

That so many people find it difficult to believe that there have been humans living in this world millions of years ago? And that they have been as advanced or more advanced than we are.

Why not?.

Is it maybe because of fear? Accepting it means that our civilization also may be wiped out some day? That IS hard to accept, I agree, but entirely possible.

There has been almost nothing left from earlier civilizations, but I think if our civilization is wiped out, it will be tens of thousands of years before we start building up again. And by the time that new civilization starts looking for earlier ones, they will find nothing, just like we are finding nothing, almost nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Aye, my comment is perhaps more relevant to some other stories similar to this. But in this case I have to ask where a concrete wall was really discovered? Apart from this one testimony (from a man presumably now dead) what evidence is there?

Has anyone checked that the mine existed, the personel named worked at the mine and that a shaft was closed in the year stated? We need some verification before we can start to seriously consider what otherwise sounds like a typical tall tale.

And is it impossible that some concrete blocks were taken into the mine to shore up the shaft? Before it was decided even this left it unsafe and so the shaft was closed. Though not before someone unaware of the concrete block plan had noticed them and later in the bar speculated on where they could have come from ....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
It's worth noting that if I go into a mine, to a seamhead where the coal being extracted is ~286 million years old, and drop my digital watch .....

..... and a month later someone finds it under a pile of coal dust, right where the latest coal has been dug from ......

It does not mean the digital watch is 286 million years old

Being found under a pile of coal dust is not the same thing as having your watch hacked and drilled out of a solid seam of coal.

EDIT: S & F OP, thanks.
edit on 7-4-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lyrian

faked and rubbished back in 2007

You call that snippet you linked to a debunking ?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

It seems you understand the loops involved, the circles of the universe. I also agree its sad others give up on their far far past just because they cannot physically reconnect. But 1 understands its hard to do so indeed. the elders hmmm, good point

edit on 4/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny

That so many people find it difficult to believe that there have been humans living in this world millions of years ago? And that they have been as advanced or more advanced than we are.

Why not?.

Is it maybe because of fear? Accepting it means that our civilization also may be wiped out some day? That IS hard to accept, I agree, but entirely possible.

There has been almost nothing left from earlier civilizations, but I think if our civilization is wiped out, it will be tens of thousands of years before we start building up again. And by the time that new civilization starts looking for earlier ones, they will find nothing, just like we are finding nothing, almost nothing.

I think the same way. It is quite ironic that many of these OOParts synchronize with Extinction Level Events. That wall in the OP dates to the Permian ELE. Ironic, but puzzling

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Originally posted by notsosunny

Why not?.

I think the same way. It is quite ironic that many of these OOParts synchronize with Extinction Level Events. That wall in the OP dates to the Permian ELE. Ironic, but puzzling

Well actually it (allegedly) dates to 35,000,000 years before the P/T extinction event

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
People need to realize that Humanity is far older than our textbooks and established history tells us. I personally believe it is more than possible that human civilization was on this earth millions of years ago. Many legends and myths of different cultures tell of cycles of rising and falling civilization. It doesnt mean Aliens did it. People dont give humanity enough credit. But that revelation would basically mean that everything all major religions preach would be destroyed. That wouldnt be a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Well, both dates are ballpark estimates since we can't date them exactly, let alone the duration of the propagating effects of the impact. Good eye though

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrishJihad

I'm convinced humanity is older, but the mainstream scholars have a goal of keeping history within the confines of religion. It's no secret that 'crusaders' destroyed many artifacts and scrolls in the name of truth.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

you are just a few that know or have found the truth, for it will rattle the foundation of belief in the word, when man kind says yes we are older than what we are told, an other bit of proof reinep.wordpress.com... from the link

400,000 year old spears found in an German coal mine!

Researchers in Germany have unearthed 400,000 year old wooden spears from what appears to be an ancient lake shore hunting ground stunning evidence that human ancestors systematically hunted big game much earlier than believed. The three spears, each carved from the trunk of a spruce tree, are 6 feet to more than 7 feet long. They were found with more than 10,000 animal bones, mostly from horses, including many obviously butchered.
what if i was tell tell you that man kind is 2.2 billion years old, that we have destroyed our selves 10 times, where we have been to mars er came from mars and are going back to do it all over again. yes we have have seen been to other stars long ago just legend now , but there are being proven fact.

edit on 7-4-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why on earth do people think this story means modern humans have been around 285,800,000 years longer than normally thought - and, indeed, were around llong before the eariest dinosaurs ever set foot on earth?

What makes you think this wall if, for the sake of argument, it existed was built by humans?

Mind, I do wonder who built this floor .....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7bdd2c88bb1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrishJihad

I totally agree with you because imagine an adult who thinks they are only a child. They will act behave and conduct themselves that way as children -MIND DISTRACTED AND LOST-. No imagine these adults realize they are adults and have RESPONSIBILITIES to take care of. Now that once thought adult who thought they were a child will begin to ACT LIKE ADULTS and do adult things they may have never considered they would have been able to do as kids... Good pointt of value.

Thanks TheIrishJihad

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
what if i was tell tell you that man kind is 2.2 billion years old

I ask what we did during the snowball earth era. And, for that matter, what we used to eat given we were around long before any animals or plants as we know them existed.

But I suppose we used to be enlightening being and lived on sunlight?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It's worth noting that if I go into a mine, to a seamhead where the coal being extracted is ~286 million years old, and drop my digital watch .....

..... and a month later someone finds it under a pile of coal dust, right where the latest coal has been dug from ......

It does not mean the digital watch is 286 million years old

(by the way, we can't use carbon dating on anything more than ~40,000 years old. There are numerous other methods for dating rocks, including coal)

Yeah, but a solid, highly polished 450 foot block wall isn't like dropping a watch though is it. It's quite difficult to carelessly drop such a thing!

I get what you mean, but this was supposedly also embedded inside the solid coal seam, and was only revealed once the coal face had been blasted with explosives and a cave in.

Curiously though, there are lots of tales like this doing the rounds...table mountain in South Africa has numerous mines in and under it, and there are many reports of tales *very* similar to this one...strange iron hammers, tin cups, all sorts of things, found in deposits that are concretions laid millions of years ago.

Then we have the fossilised human footprints, alongside obvious dinosaur tracks (speculation that dinos survives *much* longer than we thought, or humans started *much* earlier), the prints disappeared under a rock overhang/layer of rock, which once chisled out and removed, showed both sets of prints continuing on *into* the rock face.

Then there are the very weird iron spheres, etched with a series of grooves around the circumference of the balls. Various sizes are reported. They could be natural, they could be artificial...but either way, they have been tentatively dated to be billions of years old (based on the deposits they were found in).

Love this kind of thing. If there's anything that really gets my wacky hypothesis cells leaping around, it's ancient artifact tales.

Cheers OP.

link   
reply to post by Essan

I'm really unsure. And I'm just curious on the matter.

I did a cursory web search on the name and city in texas and got quite a few results. Mainly web posting by someone with the same name in the same area on a variety of unrelated websites.

With the person's information being out there like it is, I don't think it would be hard for people who may be in that area of Texas to arrange a meeting or interview with him and see what documents and information he has.

I live in Arkansas, but I don't have the means to travel to Texas if he did want to provide information. Although I would love to.

I have no idea what it could mean, it's entirely plausible that it was a wall built to strengthen the mine and maybe every single miner wasn't aware of it. I'm not educated in mining procedures, safety, or notification protocols.

But at the very least it is an interesting story, and I would like to see more information about it.
edit on 4/7/2011 by ThaLoccster because: typo

link   
reply to post by bekod

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb17c519abe1.gif[/atsimg]
For producing more supportive data to the thread my friend. And 2.2 billion hmm 1 wouldnt doubt it at all. I can understand trying to keep and elder civilization mind stuck on feeling like babies so they act that way. Its a very powerful tool to use. Keeps everybody feeling like they are the newbies and makes them forget their elder capabilities.

I like the MARS part as well the wars gotta stop.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

But I suppose we used to be enlightening being and lived on sunlight?

Visualize your soul/spirit and its various shells it drives thru existance!!!
Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Why on earth do people think this story means modern humans have been around 285,800,000 years longer than normally thought - and, indeed, were around llong before the eariest dinosaurs ever set foot on earth?

What makes you think this wall if, for the sake of argument, it existed was built by humans?

Who else do you propose? Aliens?

If it was indeed "concrete" then it had to have been "built" by someone or something.

I'm not close-minded, do you think something else was on this earth 100s of millions of years before humans? If that is what you think, it might tie together the human history, biblical creation, and actual geology/archeology nicely! Maybe both theories are correct and compliment one another.

In my opinion, there might be a reason Heaven is /up there/ and hell is /down there/. Competing races of prehumans that cultivated us as a slave race? It could be.
edit on 7-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join