It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
]They also discoverd in Oklahoma ancient latin writting. The Government covered that wall up once with a bulldozer.

Please cite your sources

They also covered up some pyramids on the Mississippi River.

Those pyramids on the Mississippi are very, very well known. The only cover-up ever engaged in was an effort to deny that they were constructed by the ancestors of today's First Peoples.

They have found evidence of humans being here 3 million years ago.

Once again, please cite your sources.

I love that Forbidden Histroy, wish they would write another book.

Cremo writes poo. He cites bad (generally laughable) science to promote his vision of Hindu creationism. There are so many real mysteries and adventures in archaeology out there. If you are interested, take some courses or join a local archaeological society and have some real fun. Like it is often cited here...it's good to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

My source is in my head. The greatest way to learn is to research and it is fun, like solving a mystery. I can't believe all the people on ATS that can't use google. About the 3 million year old foot prints is either in this video or the book. The video will trip you out.

I just put into google, "pyramids on the mississippi river government"

www.crystalinks.com...

Here is the Ancient Hebrew [sorry not latin, my bad]
This is a new video by Glen Beck [new last month]

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

My source is in my head. The greatest way to learn is to research and it is fun, like solving a mystery. I can't believe all the people on ATS that can't use google.

I would suggest that you investigate Google Scholar and JSTOR. Even so, research is a lot more than just downloading a google.

And I took your advice about googling "pyramids on the mississippi river government". Cahokia is new to you? I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be.

And please...never hand me a straight line like "My source is in my head." Next time I won't be so kind.

edit on 23-4-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I am sorry, at my age trying to go back and find where I read something is so tiring. I posted my last thread because of all the searching, I don't know about Google Scholar. And I don't think the Indian pyramids the government buldosed were that far up the River. Well you probably already know about Forbidden Archaeology, I wish they would keep looking for more. I do remember about 5 years ago reading about a conflict of the Government also wanting to destroy this place in Oklahoma, There is also a place in Oklahoma where there is some Ancient Hebrew writting. This is a documentary I watched last night about these Stone Pillars and that they believe the Templers hid them in these big tower looking stone pillars that had writing on them.
It is about the worlds best code breaker decoed the Sheperd's Monument, Oh, I'm rambling and disylexic. Forgive my rudeness. I will just post the link to the video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well, as far as geology goes, they say the flattest lands tend to be the remnants of the oldest mountain ranges. Possibly from being mined to death? And not in our recent past either. Its hard to believe that our current structure is the absolute peak of human civilization.

Its the nature of the beast to play your cards close to your chest and never tip your hand. Maybe why insider trading is 'allegedly' illegal for most folks. Bombshell discoveries and information need to be kept under wraps until the ideal way to exploit it becomes finalized, my opinion, very close to the truth though.

The one part of the OP that really nails it down for me, my reasoning that I believe it, the solid barrel of silver. If its true, it still exists I think. Mining is not the kind of business anyone can just start up by themselves on an even minor scale. It was probably even more structured and ruthless back in the 20's. That said, company involved is still there, most likely absorbed by someone bigger though. They won't publish things like solid barrel shapes of silver. Someone along the chain might want a piece, you know? Investors maybe? Employees?

My point... Shrewd managers, ruthless execs, will quash their subordinate's finds with a bone thrown here and there. Just to shut people up. People, and 'the public' for sure, need to be kept in the dark. What good could come from the people knowing the truth? One big dent in THEIR pockets.

Prove me wrong... If knowledge is power, but everyone has the same knowledge, What is my power? Money, greed, and graft. But, if everyone knew, the power ultimately becomes diminished. Because people along the way are going to want a piece of the pie. You don't get insanely rich by sharing the pie, you shut up the thinkers by divvying small slices, spoon fed if you will. Need to know basis.

I really think that most people should not be surprised that the tactics won't change. That is, tell people just enough of what YOU THINK THEY WANT TO HEAR, just as long as they shut up and leave it alone, hopefully. Remember that they do right to themselves and there will be no moral or catharthis expressed until its on the gallows pole. Probably never happen though.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Well you probably already know about Forbidden Archaeology, I wish they would keep looking for more.

Forbidden Archaeology has an agenda of it's own, associated with Hindu Creationism (and selling books). Most of its contents have been soundly debunked. Here's a reasonably good piece that puts Cremo's work in perspective.

Hidden History, Hidden Agenda: A Review of The Hidden History of the Human Race, by Michael A. Cremo and Richard L. Thompson. By Bradley T. Lepper www.talkorigins.org...

I provide this, not to be a poop, but to perhaps direct an inquisitive mind away from the proven huxsters.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
they never used the word huxter in your link
questionable is a word they used

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
they never used the word huxter in your link
questionable is a word they used

Excuse my paraphrasing. To knowingly promulgate information that is false or misleading is hucksterism, IMHO. I believe that to be the case with Cremo et al. But thanks for your comment.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

ok - i have numerous issues with this story

This was a shaft mine, and they told us it was two miles deep.
]

utter twaddle the deepest shaft mines ever sunk in the USA were only 1.5 miles deep

"Deep" doesn't necessarily mean "down": it could be a stepped shaft with a total horizontal run of two miles in, that only goes down 800 feet.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have some info I can add to this in regaurds to the Wilburton mines, Most of the shaft type mines around Wilburton Oklahoma are slope shaft with a depth of 1,800 feet. Some of the shafts can run as long as 3 miles. Now I have poked around in the bottom of the No.3 shaft north of town. I have yet to find anything "odd" but if I do you all will be the first to know.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

theres an old saying in texas.."never let the truth get in the way of a good story"..ive heard a number of stories about fascinating finds in coal mines ..they always seem to be hushed up ..and never have any actual facts to go on..now either the government are very good at been every where at once to hide these things from the public ...or ...its a very good story to make money in a time when it was very hard to come by...my moneys on the latter

Sounds like a good "Beer" story.

My Mom could tell some absolutely great whoppers that had other adults believing what she was saying..... It made her very popular for Cocktail parties. (Ladies version of beer stories
)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I recently became aware of this place. I cant believe Ive never known about it before since thats near where my family is all from.
I read somewhere that there are pictures that were taken by Atlas. I would love to see them. I wonder why they arent on the net anywhere. Thats even more curious.

Anyway, Im going to research this some more and maybe even go there at some point. (roadtrip)

Heres a link to "The Redneck Archaeologist Show" ( the guy is a little amusing when youre bored)

He talkes about the mine and shows the dome they built over it.

youtu.be...

Now Im gonna go back and read this thread....

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here's someone else who's looking into this matter:

www.youtube.com...

It's Jackson Burns, the Redneck Archaeologist, who has done a lot of videos about the Heavener area, where he was raised and where there is even an Indian cemetery named after his family.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join