It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by tim3lord
and since you represent the scientific authority on all things maybe you can explain the hundreds of items that were found linked to times in history when they simply should not have existed.

Items like what? the Corso Artifact.

You see it's people like you who are willing to believe anything which affirms what loony things you think are true without any analysis of the facts.

No offense, but it seems you are easily led and easily fooled.

so your saying every example of an oopart is either a fake or a misidentified object? like human and dinosaur fossilized foot prints?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

so your saying every example of an oopart is either a fake or a misidentified object? like human and dinosaur fossilized foot prints?

Are you providing the footprints as an example of yet another fake? They have been debunked, you know. Your post is unclear. But do consider the old maxim, "When you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras".

edit on 10-4-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: fixing the post

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Are you providing the footprints as an example of yet another fake? They have been debunked, you know. Your post is unclear. But do consider the old maxim, "When you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras".

edit on 10-4-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: fixing the post

unless you live in Africa....

i think you lads are missing the point here, we all know the mundane world is what its supposed to be, taxes parking fines and coronary heart disease from too much junk food. this is not in doubt and not in question,

what we are talking about here is a possibility that the truth as you know it isnt what its been taught to you in school or in universities. i myself come from a country which has a culture over 4 thousand years old. that means when your ancestors were playing with their feces and throwing sticks at animals. these guys were developing mathematics art and engineering that's on par with modern culture. to assume you have the monopoly on truth and history is the height of arrogance. just because your great grand parents crawled out of a cave and decided that was the time line of humanity does not mean that applies for the rest of the human race.

after all if im wrong its only me who is wrong. no big deal i have been wrong in the past. but if your wrong.....well then my confident friend it will be an entire society that has to have their entire paradigm shifted. so of course the mainstream will never entertain the idea of an antediluvian civilization that was advanced scientifically or the existence of humans much further back than is reported. because it doesnt fit neatly into you happy little dream that you are the supreme accomplishment of this planet. when in fact the truth is that western society and Brittan and now America are the cause of the mass dumbing down of this planet a plague on the human race. but dont worry the old races are taking back the planet china another 4000 year old society and india a 8000 year old society will soon rise again. they might even use the west as cheap labor.

civilizations rise and fall its the natural cycle of this planet. your days are numbered and 10000 years from now people will be rummaging through whats left of your civilization saying " hahahahah you think the north americans had advanced tech 10000 years ago? talk about naive"

the folly of the fool that calls another man a fool

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

Judging from your boring rant, you have a mundane life and thinking that you know something about the "secret" history of the world gives you some importance. That seems to be basically what you're trying to get across.

The problem is you use no scientific facts to back you up, the examples you give of supposed "secret" history have been debunked 10 different ways. You seem to be devoid of logic or critical thinking skills
, but hey you keep on trying to find anything no matter how ridiculous which supports your view on the world and present them as fact.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

what we are talking about here is a possibility that the truth as you know it isnt what its been taught to you in school or in universities. i myself come from a country which has a culture over 4 thousand years old. that means when your ancestors were playing with their feces and throwing sticks at animals. these guys were after all if im wrong its only me who is wrong. no big deal i have been wrong in the past. but if your wrong.....well then my confident friend it will be an entire society that has to have their entire paradigm shifted. so of course the mainstream will never entertain the idea of an antediluvian civilization that was advanced scientifically or the existence of humans much further back than is reported. because it doesnt fit neatly into you happy little dream that you are the supreme accomplishment of this planet. when in fact the truth is that western society and Brittan and now America are the cause of the mass dumbing down of this planet a plague on the human race.

Question number one is whether or not your advanced culture uses capital letters and punctuation.

Secondly, "what if" is a starting point...not an end upon which to base an argument. The science that you disdain is based upon an ability to provide proof. Paradigms change as proof is made apparent, as is amply in evidence.

And just as a heads-up, 4000kya, the First Nations were doing a little better than "playing with their feces and throwing sticks at animals". They were making a successful living, and spending less of their day to do it than we do today. And 3500kya, some were building ceremonial mounds and living in a socially complex society. But I guess that doesn't fit your worldview. Still, we have a number of folks at ATS from an indigenous background. Hopefully they can fling a little feces at your post.

Unless you keep the bar high, you nurture an idiocracy. So, in the words of the prophet Don't step in that, Wilbur...
edit on 10-4-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: clarity

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Judging from your boring rant, you have a mundane life and thinking that you know something about the "secret" history of the world gives you some importance. That seems to be basically what you're trying to get across.

The problem is you use no scientific facts to back you up, the examples you give of supposed "secret" history have been debunked 10 different ways. You seem to be devoid of logic or critical thinking skills
, but hey you keep on trying to find anything no matter how ridiculous which supports your view on the world and present them as fact.

proof

In rare cases, the validity of claims is validated by mainstream science; i.e., it is proven that some artifact was created with a technology not previously thought to have existed in the ancient culture that built it. One piece that changed mainstream understanding of ancient technology is the Antikythera mechanism, a type of mechanical computer[3][4] which has been fully validated as a real object from about 150–100 BC.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

proof

In rare cases, the validity of claims is validated by mainstream science; i.e., it is proven that some artifact was created with a technology not previously thought to have existed in the ancient culture that built it. One piece that changed mainstream understanding of ancient technology is the Antikythera mechanism, a type of mechanical computer[3][4] which has been fully validated as a real object from about 150–100 BC.

Your point? The wiki piece you cite confirms that it has been taken seriously by archaeologists and engineers. Just because there are question marks attached to a theory or an artifact, it does not follow that the truth is being suppressed or denied.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

proof

Your point? The wiki piece you cite confirms that it has been taken seriously by archaeologists and engineers. Just because there are question marks attached to a theory or an artifact, it does not follow that the truth is being suppressed or denied.

My point is that it is evidence of a technology that exited in a time when it wasn't supposed to exist. Which was the contention of this debate to begin with. You asked for proof there it is, people who thought they knew something to be self evident were PROVEN wrong. i think that pretty much sums up my POINT.
edit on 10-4-2011 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

proof
My point is that it is evidence of a technology that exited in a time when it wasn't supposed to exist. Which was the contention of this debate to begin with. You asked for proof there it is, people who thought they knew something to be self evident were PROVEN wrong. i think that pretty much sums up my POINT.

What about all of those who saw the Antikythera mechanism as evidence of alien technology, Atlantis...you name it. It was a problem, and it was solved through scientific methodology. It is an example that the system works. But, you'll notice that it is backed by proof.

Stories about 286 million year old cement block walls are still awaiting that factor.

And considering your quest for the truth, as denied by those with an agenda...you haven't yet answered that 'playing with their feces' charge.
edit on 10-4-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

proof

What about all of those who saw the Antikythera mechanism as evidence of alien technology, Atlantis...you name it. It was a problem, and it was solved through scientific methodology. It is an example that the system works. But, you'll notice that it is backed by proof.

Stories about 286 million year old cement block walls are still awaiting that factor.

And considering your quest for the truth, as denied by those with an agenda...you haven't yet answered that 'playing with their feces' charge.

i apologize for that comment it was unnecessary and was only used as an emotional barb. i sometimes let my emotion get the better of my judgment. As for alien technology i can neither confirm or deny that allegation as i wasnt there when it was made. All i can say is that what we think we know of the past is grossly incomplete. i believe human civilization is millions of years old not thousands. i think if you remove the alien intervention theory and replace it with ancient advanced human civilizations that have been wiped out again and again. that is more credible than aliens from billions of light years away happening to find an insignificant planet orbiting and insignificant sun in the outer reaches of the galaxy. in my opinion that is.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

No problem...I get it. I also started out with the Brad Steigers and the Von Danikens and Graham Hancocks. Then I was introduced to the science and started my studies as a mature student. I often cite Mark Lehner, who went to Egypt as a student of Edgar Cayce, but is now a prominent Egyptologist. Which all goes to say that while the fun is on the fringes, the real deal is ultimately more satisfying and if you do it right, they are not mutually exclusive.

And if I sound touchy about the First Nations, it is because I conduct my practice as a licensed avocational in an environment that includes frequent contact with the living descendents of the people whose material culture I study.

So respect is paramount.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

i have the utmost respect for native cultures and i wasn't talking about them per say when i mentioned the north American continent. So again my apologies as i have stated i come from a country that has a long history. Even though i myself dont share genetic lineage to the people i still have respect for the old races. And the Natives of North and south America are definitely in that group. i dont however count the invading European races in that group.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

...i still have respect for the old races. And the Natives of North and south America are definitely in that group. i dont however count the invading European races in that group.

"Invading" is a relative concept...as it suggests at Pier 21, in Halifax: "We are all immigrants, but some just have more seniority."

And the old races were certainly not above invasions...but that is a matter for another thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I quit reading the article linked in the OP when I reached the first sentence of the second paragraph:

Most historians would agree that human civilisation began sometime in the 1850s. No exact date has ever been given – and frankly we don’t need one.

Human civilization began in the 1850s, huh?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I quit reading the article linked in the OP when I reached the first sentence of the second paragraph:

Most historians would agree that human civilisation began sometime in the 1850s. No exact date has ever been given – and frankly we don’t need one.

Human civilization began in the 1850s, huh?

Yah, well...I figure some debates are just not worth taking up...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't see why anyone is arguing on this thread. None of us know the truth about this concrete wall. Sure, it could have been fake, but there are SO many things found on this earth that are unexplainable - and they WERE definitely found. We don't know if there were human-like beings millions of years ago. Nobody knows for sure.

Everyone will believe what they want to believe. I believe that humans were here long, long ago. Not many traces would be left of them, because the earth cleans itself, and the earth changes. Also, scientists try to "disprove" everything that doesn't go along with their little theories, because how embarrassing would it be to say "oh, humans are actually 900 million years old. We've been wrong all these years!" I personally believe we have many things hidden from us. We all know the government lies to us.

So instead of sitting here arguing about who is an idiot, who isn't, why believing something is dumb just because ONE of the sites someone linked might be crap, then just sit down and realize nobody knows anything for a fact.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

That's just it you buy into anything with absolutely no proof. As for the typical "the government is hiding it from us"....why would they even bother. It makes no sense.
Also scientists come up with new theories all the time, however unlike the pie in the sky crowd, they prefer to have something to back it up rather than just BS and half baked conclusions.

Humans being 900 million years old......yeah good one.

So what proof is there that humans are millions of years old, considering no fossil evidence has ever been found and there is plenty of evidence of Cro-Magnon man around 30,000 years ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

I think the confusion here is in semantics of what people consider "Buying into" something.

I personally enjoy entertaining possibilities outside of what is normally accepted and I think many of the people speculating on this are in the same boat as me.

I wouldn't even be willing to make a bet with really good odds that time will show humanity to be any older than 300k years and that would be a stretch. I would make a bet at really really good odds that there really was a wall found deep below the surface (not 2 miles though) and let the speculation commence on where it came from.

I think that this all good though, both sides. To further human knowledge we need two things: Crackpots to come up with new ideas and theories and stodgy old science guys to test and refute those theories.

Now if we can do this without making fun, fighting, and being one sided in our views we could really increase human knowledge!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

They also discoverd in Oklahoma ancient latin writting. The Government covered that wall up once with a bulldozer, They also covered up some pyramids on the Mississippi River. Good thread,,, F&S

They have found evidence of humans being here 3 million years ago. The earth has gone through many extinction events, Not just the dinos and the asteroid. The last time was 2354 BC. when 7 asteroids hit the earth at one time. One of the impacts caused the New Madrid, On the Discovery Channel they dug down to where it start [earth layer] They can up with 2360 BC.

When trying trying to date something that far back +5/-5 years is one the money. Dr de Jonge, of the Neatherlands also came up with the same extinction date.
I love that Forbidden Histroy, wish they would write another book.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

See I hadnt heard of that discovery in Oklahoma or Mississippi river pyramids 1 has to research deeper into these are both new to me as well. I also agree the planet has been thru many recycle periods that basically erase time some how (seems intentional somewhat) anyway I dont get why all the secrecy involved with remembering our tru age. I mean If finds within the US show migration of some sort why hide it. Its sad how much data is hidden but maybe this time there will be a good way to save the data maybe with some crystal stones that will sit in orbit around the planet with all the data of wa was going on here.

Thanks or your input coolottie, happy you enjoyed the thread.

edit on 4/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join