It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Without any proof of this story, that's all it is, is a story. Something for people to talk about.

Saying that the block wall is 286 million years old based solely on the fact that it was surrounded by coal is quite a stretch though...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm trying to find the mine site on Google maps with no luck. Does anyone here have a better way to find or get the location?

Supposedly the site is blocked off and there was a large concrete structure there in 2007... I want to see!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been brought up yet but here goes. Do you folks remember about 5 years ago on the Art Bell show he interviewd a man named Mel. Mel had A bizarre hole on his property that was bottemless. If you Google Mel's Hole, Art Bell you can read some interesting stuff on this. As soon as I saw this article I instantly recalled this and cross-referenced it in my mind. My apologies if someone else has written on this thread about Mel's Hole. Sometimes I skim through the comments. I'm not a fan of watching people getting a thumping for their comments so I don't really don't read all comments. Anyhow, interesting stuff none the less.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I believe because..who would come up with such a story and why?And what did they gain from it?

There are a lot of unexplained stones or walls.Just look at the Saqsaywaman stones.They are huge and they fit together like a puzzle and look molded to each other.How were these stones put together?

And we evolved from dinosaurs.Just look at your skin in between your thumb and forefinger.Looks like lizard skin doesn't it?..now picture it green!And skin underneath the microscope are scales!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The fact is, we don't have anything to show save for a testimony of one man who says he saw this. That's all we've got and it's not near enough to displace any existing theories. I'm not accusing the guy of anything, either, but if you've been around here long enough you've seen a lot of people claim they saw a lot of things.Maybe he did; maybe he didn't, but we can't verify a single point of this story. If we had lots of other stuff, too, then this would be pretty good supporting evidence, but it will never be primary evidence. This is just not good enough and it isn't supported itself by anything. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
Yet another example of out worthless carbon dating is.

So do you feel the dating back then was flawed. Give or take it still places these in the millions years back range.

Thanks

edit on 4/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

carbon dating only works on organic objects...
when they date clay pots they can look at organic compounds like ash or bone, that is typically was added by native americans.. clay itself isnt very elastic, and very impossible to form anything unless you are filling a mold..

2 miles deep... wall... I cant say or not the accuracy of its age, but it seems a little odd.. I do know in many areas in the usa it is illegal to destroy any archaeological sites.. maybe that would explain the hush hush by the mine owners..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

With regards to nonliving dating methods, I honestly have to beg to question the validity. The material you make it can be older than the built form, AND you can dig, you know. A little common sense makes it quite clear this is not real. I mean, the "supposed" picture of the wall looks better than most walls built a decade ago.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

From what I have found, there is no "2 miles down" coal mine in Oklahoma, or anywhere else in the US.
Any Coal Miners out there?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonyo1

From what I have found, there is no "2 miles down" coal mine in Oklahoma, or anywhere else in the US.
Any Coal Miners out there?

In fact there are no coal mines remotely close to 2 miles deep and in 1928 there were no mines even a mile deep.

Many in the United States are over 1200 feet deep, most of those are closed and now few are remaining. There is a mine in Alabama, which is the deepest vertical shaft coalmine in North America, with operations at 2,140 feet beneath the surface.

Article Source: EzineArticles.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
I love fictional stories like this thread. Very entertaining. Always told to someone from a family member or a friend of a friend, but never has or will have any evidence. Nothing more than modern legend and myth making, but to the ignorant who blindly reply how they completely believe this crap without even using a modicum of reason...well, maybe that's we are looked upon as a bunch of tin foil hat wearing morons.

People, it is o.k. to be entertained, but reading this thread and some of the replies really hurts my brain.

The least possible conclusion here is being embraced as fact by nothing more than some dude on the internet telling you what you want to believe. Get it?

wow keep trolling

do some research in to ooparts then have an opinion.

ignorance is a bit like dog crap on the foot path. best avoided.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
The planet is almost 5 byo. In all of that time, humans could have lived, developed advanced technology and (if they are anything like us) destroyed themselves over and over again.

For most of that time the planet was uninhabitable by any life.

and you would know this how? have you seen a picture with the time stamp 5 billion BC and a sign that read population non existent ?

you cant PROVE no living organisms exited 5 billion years ago all you can do is make assumptions. but you can prove certain artifact that shouldnt belong in that time frame based on our current model of evolution existed because well they exist. you its not the oopart thats to blame its your logic. just admit your wrong and the pain in your brain goes away.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

It's a safe bet this firstly didn't exist 5 billion years ago and for a long time it was a molten ball of rock, devoid of anything we see today. Earth would have resembled in one form or another other planets in the solar system which have no life.

So tell me why do you think there is was life on a non existent earth 5 billion years ago? You've gone back in your Tardis, LOL.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord

you cant PROVE no living organisms exited 5 billion years ago all you can do is make assumptions. but you can prove certain artifact that shouldnt belong in that time frame based on our current model of evolution existed because well they exist. you its not the oopart thats to blame its your logic. just admit your wrong and the pain in your brain goes away.

If you think the say so of one person is PROOF it's no wonder people like you aren't taken seriously. How about you take a science class or two

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If you think the say so of one person is PROOF it's no wonder people like you aren't taken seriously. How about you take a science class or two

well if the aim of the game was to be taken serious by a bunch of know it alls who didnt really a dam thing then im glad im not being taken serious...and since you represent the scientific authority on all things maybe you can explain the hundreds of items that were found linked to times in history when they simply should not have existed.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

well if the aim of the game was to be taken serious by a bunch of know it alls who didnt really a dam thing then im glad im not being taken serious...and since you represent the scientific authority on all things maybe you can explain the hundreds of items that were found linked to times in history when they simply should not have existed.

Plenty of refutations on the Interwebz. For starters, Hall of Maat is always a good one. Here's the bumph on the 'Corso Artifact', which is usually trotted out early in these discussions...www.hallofmaat.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

and since you represent the scientific authority on all things maybe you can explain the hundreds of items that were found linked to times in history when they simply should not have existed.

Items like what? the Corso Artifact.

You see it's people like you who are willing to believe anything which affirms what loony things you think are true without any analysis of the facts.

No offense, but it seems you are easily led and easily fooled.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't think a wall or a bone could even survive 286 million years. Especially concrete.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

I think the confusion here is twofold:

- A faith in our fellow man or an underestimation of our fellow man's desire to fool us for no reason other than a "bit of fun". People climb Mt. Everest for a good time, who is to say someone wouldn't perpetrate a complicated and well thought out hoax for the same reason?
Just one example: Piltdown Man

- A basic misunderstanding of how material is dated by modern science.
Archaeological dating methods outlined here
Basic Wiki on dating materials good place to start (not end)

All that said I still think there is a chance the wall is real, but I don't think it is 250M years old.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm here to confess that I built the wall. I don't age. I'm immortal. I hope you all enjoy the wall I built. It's about time they found it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join