It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Can anyone say Stargate ?!?!?!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by southbeach

When I get the time I will look into it. Thanks southbeach

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It has always been clear to me, that humans/beings from this planet, is already out there ...
Meaning - that in the ancient past - we must have reached a high technological level, high enought to build colony ships etc, and being able to leave our planet for deep space exploration (like we really should be doing now, on this over-crowded planet).

Reminds me off the micro - almost nano-technology they found in the Ural mountains of Russia, dating back 20000 - 318000 years back. Artifacts left behind by an advanced civilisation living here. See link:
www.flickr.com...

Yes, I am quite conviced, that we are already out there ...
edit on 8-4-2011 by multisouls because: left out important explanation ... "that in the ancient past" - meaning not current days

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Great find OP. It certainly seems like extraterrestrials have been present on this earth LONG before humans.

It appears as though ET's have/had established deep underground tunnel systems for a very long time in places such as: Dulce, New Mexico, Groom Lake, Nevada, South and North Pole, Mt. Shasta, California. All of these coincidentally are locations of underground military bases, and all have stories of ET presence living deep underground.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Carboniferous period was a time of scorpions the size of lions, mosquitoes the size of eagles and lizards larger than buses...

Any "human" around at that time must have had some real good weapons to survive, because they would have been quite low on the food chain.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is a really cool story because I live in Oklahoma. So it's nice to finally see something like this in the state that I live in. It's even cooler because it is in Oklahoma. Who would thought that something as old as 286 million years could be in the Great plains state of Oklahoma. This just proves that civilization is much older than what we thought.

Great find OP S&F
two thumbs up

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Few years back I was fascinated by an ancient wall that was discovered just over the Texas-Oklahoma border, near Colbert Oklahoma. After researching and emailing for more info on it's where abouts, I journeyed to the location I believed it would be. Unfortunately the entire area was experiencing severe flooding. 3 months later I went back and found a freshly flattened area of Earth. When I returned to Houston it was being reported that the area had been bulldozed. Some folks were saying it was an ancient Aztec Gold smelter and that a similar one was found up in Ohio. Aztec....?
Here's some links:
veiwzone
What I saw

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Okay so if we assume the miner wasn't telling a lie for fame and fortune (which is reasonable but this avenue has been explored and can't be proven and would also end the discussion) I think there are two plausible explanations given the circumstances as presented.

Flight evolved on this planet at least four separate times and five if you want to include human flight. Why is it unreasonable that intelligence and society evolved separately before ours did? I think the theory of pre-human civilization makes more sense than either extra terrestrial or ancient human civilization.

ETs would likely just be visiting and hold up in craft or moon bases. I feel if there were early humans we would have at least some fossil evidence between 200k and 2.5M years. That is a long time to not leave a trace mainly becoming suspicious closer to present say 300K to 200K years ago.

Thus I think one likely scenario is an intelligent species that evolved and fell Permian period, not mammalian and not human.

I think the second most likely is a subterranean species that shares the planet with us and has evolved along side us or possibly earlier. We do know there are many caverns beneath the ground and we have very little understanding of what is there as we just rarely get down that low.

Further I believe the US government is aware of this species as well as the leaders in the mining industry. If a miner finds something it is easy to keep them quiet, mine collapses happen all the time. Mine owners would go along with the silence to retain their permits and be able to keep working. The mining community is very insular anyway. Could this be the secret war many suspect our government has been fighting? Odd military movements? Seeming misdirection or disappearing military funds?

Think about it, the miners find the wall, report it, get rushed out and told to keep quiet? In those days you would keep quiet because that was the way people were. Most of those guys weren't worried about conspiracies, they were worried about living through another day of mining and supporting their families.

Anyway thats my 2 pennies.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am open to the idea that civilization is not a new game on this planet...the forbidden archeology stuff fascinates me...I would like all of this pooled together, studied, and if its found that civs have been rising and falling for millions of years, great...lets try to understand what it was, what happened, where did they go, what did they look like, etc.

random thought: We have been here for a long time...we were a point in civilization that we literally could create anything, live eternally as energy, etc...so we decided to clean the earth, scrub it of our traces, and start over, re-experiencing the movement from cavemen style existance, through endless progressions...being reborn so to speak.

the soul of a person is actually just a highly advanced lifeform playing basically a game with bio-mass..

meh, would make for a good book anyhow.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
random thought: We have been here for a long time...we were a point in civilization that we literally could create anything, live eternally as energy, etc...so we decided to clean the earth, scrub it of our traces, and start over, re-experiencing the movement from cavemen style existance, through endless progressions...being reborn so to speak.

the soul of a person is actually just a highly advanced lifeform playing basically a game with bio-mass..

Strangely this makes more sense than most of the other arguments I've seen...

I think it is obvious there is a key to our overall understanding of how the universe works that we are completely missing. This could be that key...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
Flight evolved on this planet at least four separate times and five if you want to include human flight. Why is it unreasonable that intelligence and society evolved separately before ours did? I think the theory of pre-human civilization makes more sense than either extra terrestrial or ancient human civilization.

Well, they all make sense actually, no need to choose just one path when they all seem to align logically.

The problem with former civs is lack of evidence...however, there is actually tons of evidence suggesting millions (and even a billion) year old civs...its just not enough (yet) to win a court case one way or another...they are considered anomolies.

The issues here is that any...-any- archeologist whom has suggested the rewrite of history based on findings has immediately been crusified. there are many stories of people finding groundbreaking things that, instead of making front page science digest, they quickly are silenced, defunded, and their findings removed by the site owners..

I personally don't understand why. its not like discovering some civilization of...whatever, walking intelligent lizards for instance, existed 300 million years ago (aha, the dinosaurs were hunted to extinction...)will somehow effect anything today beyond some scientists having a nerdgasm over this new field of research..

Sure, religion would have to deal with yet another blow...but its not like they haven't weathered such stuff before, they will just ignore it, or incorporate that as part of the story (oh ya...the bible talks about this already...the creation story is actually 2/3rds of a billion years per day...etc)

So ya...not sure what is holding up the proper unravelling of these artifacts.

Not sure how credible the stone wall thing is mind you...I will need other sources besides some backwoods entertainment and satire website before I put any thought into it, but the study itself about ancient artifacts is very much real and relevant.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I like how you think SaturnFX. Interesting

Thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Strangely this makes more sense than most of the other arguments I've seen...

I think it is obvious there is a key to our overall understanding of how the universe works that we are completely missing. This could be that key...

The thought is inspired by boredom.
we have a long day or two...what do we do on our weekends when at home...we get lost in a fantasy. be it on the television, or some game, etc...

now, cutting edge scientists and futurists are thinking of very plausable senarios on how we can extend lifespan to an indefinate timeframe..
if you had all...-all- of eternity, wouldn't you want to spend a few minutes (or a hundred years now and then) playing "life"?

should we get to that point, yes...people will lust after the ultimate virtual reality experience...experience the joys and sorrows of being in a medieval life...or live a life in the dawning of the computer/information age...etc.

life would be the best freaking game ever...a matrix of our choosing. trick is to make it so realistic that you don't ruin the effect by remembering its all a game (see, shut up religions and spiritualists...we are supposed to be playing, not being constantly reminded its all just a game!)

But ya, the tech..the evolution of an intelligent civilization over potentially millions of years would have some pretty impressive distractions...you can call this the interpretation of all religions ever, or just some new age concept, or a transhumanist tech's wet dream...but ultimately, it does make complete sense and should humanity live long enough, we indeed will be doing such entertainments...we already do to the best of our ability...always have (books, stories..etc)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

As far as the credibility of the stone wall goes.

I think we can say with confidence that if their is a continuing cover up of either old artifacts for some reason don't yet know, or it is part of a current underground civilization we are hiding or at war with that there would not be and will not be any more evidence than was presented.

An organized secret group can effectively cover up, hide and debunk any material evidence. What they can not do is stop all anecdotal evidence. Which is of course ok because nobody believes anecdotal evidence outside of the norm... not even from astronauts let alone uneducated miners.

Why would people in the know universally be okay with the silence? They do say three people can keep a secret if 2 are dead. This is usually true. But all three can keep a secret if they have something to lose. I guarantee if I were privy to information with the caveat that if I talked family would get a mysterious illness and die I would be awful quiet...

Heck I would be quiet just for the opportunity to know. I'm a hypocrite in that I don't care if the people get all the information, I just want it and I am sure they are very good at finding people like me.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
just as aside note in my religion there is a hymn that says that "this earth has been destroyed and rebuilt" my mom tells me that it means that there were ancient civilizations older than Rome but got destroyed

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

life would be the best freaking game ever...a matrix of our choosing. trick is to make it so realistic that you don't ruin the effect by remembering its all a game (see, shut up religions and spiritualists...we are supposed to be playing, not being constantly reminded its all just a game!)

If you're ever near the Capitol of California I will buy you dinner for this statement alone. I can't tell you how many years I've known this but could never get the words out quite right...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
just as aside note in my religion there is a hymn that says that "this earth has been destroyed and rebuilt" my mom tells me that it means that there were ancient civilizations older than Rome but got destroyed

See, there ya go. Religion would be fine with a sudden uncovering of hundreds of millions years old civilizations...they will quickly adapt and uncover new meanings that spoke about it all along

offhand, I know the bible speaks of numerous things, such as those living underground, above ground, and lets not forget the land of nod (the other project outside of the garden of eden that was going on while Adam and Eve were in the garden...that entire story is totally undocumented and if 2nd generation Cain left and found a whole thriving civilization, that means it has been going on for quite awhile before the garden creation story

(ever thought the garden creation story wasn't about the whole earth, but rather just a small plot of land...a research facility somewhere...the earth was dull and void...ok, so he found a patch of ocean that seemed nice enough, made some landmass (seperated the firments), and voila...biodome on..lets make a superior human)

Although I think the bible is a crock in its literal sense, I will recognise that there could be some historical stories being told there about events that did happen, if completely misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If you're ever near the Capitol of California I will buy you dinner for this statement alone. I can't tell you how many years I've known this but could never get the words out quite right...

There ya go...now the next time someone comes and talks about spiritual stuff, just look at em annoyed and say "Shut up, your ruining the illusion!!!"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

It is so much easier to say a thing does not exist, could not exist, was dreamed up by a crack pot, was not easily verifiable, or any other excuse than to have to admit you are incorrect. (not you personally!) TPTB want us to remain in darkness and any one or anybody who chips a crack into the shell of ignorance that has been placed around us is called a crackpot. Is that more comfortable for you not to believe that it was possible for something -human or otherwise- may have walked this planet millions, maybe billions of years ago? I believe all things are possible...now comes the sorting thru the BS and getting to the real deal.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
Yet another example of out worthless carbon dating is.

Carbon dating is still best guess, and only works on organic material. The accuracy of the dating fully depends on the amount of radiation subjected to the sample as it hinders the natural radioactive decay of said object

Carbon 14 dating does not go back that far. 70,000 years is about it using enhanced techniques. C14 dating is hardly worthless. What is worthless is people assuming C14 dating is appropriate to use on material millions of years old.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join