It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improved ATS Search just launched - "ASK.AboveTopSecret.com"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by B.Morrison

I'm just speaking from experience here, but I doubt RATS content will be available in the search. As this will be used by non-members and members, we want to keep stuff in RATS, well..in RATS.

Same with the Alt Sub forum I would think as well.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

~Keeper

Let's hope you are correct, a sense of security is important

-B.M

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
what did you have planned for RATS?

Nothing.

That's one of the main reasons we picked a system that indexes only public-facing web pages instead of something that would index our database content -- avoiding accidental discovery of something designed not to be discovered.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by B.Morrison
what did you have planned for RATS?

Nothing.
groovy

That's one of the main reasons we picked a system that indexes only public-facing web pages instead of something that would index our database content -- avoiding accidental discovery of something designed not to be discovered.

that tech' is over my head but your explanation of it makes sense to me & sounds good.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question & best of luck with the continuing renovations.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
WOOOOO.......

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
HOOOOOO

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Seriously, its about time.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
MAN!! That was FAST!! This new search engine is hotter than a habanero hemmorhoid ! Yowzah !

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Okay, it is very nice. But you have forgotten the most important feature:

HOW DO YOU MAKE PEOPLE USE IT?

There are two videos posted in just the past few hours of the same plane. It was previously posted here, many times if I remember correctly. One of the previous threads was from July 2010; the others would be around that date, but I just used the one.
Any website feature is only as good as the people who use it and time-wasted if people do not. I come here as a debunker, usually of "chemtrails" but on other things as well. As such, I know that many conspiratorially minded people do not.......well, think very far outside the box of their pet theory. They don't care how many times they see the same video, it still "proves them right", so they will still keep posting the same old thing over and over. And over and over and over......as though the more times they see it, the truer it must be.
You really can't win!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The first step in our three-step plan to dominate the Internet by ensuring people can easily locate all the material being kept from them by the mainstream media is in place.

[insert maniacal laugh]

ASK.AboveTopSecret.com

Our vastly-improved search function has indexed more than five million distinct pages under the AboveTopSecret.com domain, and is ready for general use. The search results are vastly improved, and boolean search functions (finally) return to searching for content on ATS.

As the index fully cycles a second time, you'll also begin to see auto-complete begin to work for the more common/popular topics discussed on ATS. (yay!)

Phase two of search (requires an even deeper re-index and some additional code) will allow the prioritization of search results based on the date a thread was authored, the date of last reply, forum, flags, replies, and even member names. (Those factors can be searched now, but not yet used for prioritization of results.)

Phase three is top-secret.

edit on 7-4-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

ummm.... does this comment scare anyone?

Phase three is top-secret

I'm hoping that the reason this third phase is being shrouded in silence and conspiracy is because it involves an ATS trade secret and not the equivelant of a whosarrested.com/ whoscreditreport.com/ whosadevilworshiper.com/ whosaterrorist.com/ search function that's linked to every prying eye online...

Take the website Who's Arrested.Com. This website gets the arrest info on people nation wide and then posts the information under a search function containing the arested person's name, ID number, current offense, etc. etc. and then offer a pay for membership feature for 'employers' to research a person's criminal arrest records, credit reports, etc... WITHOUT THAT PERSON'S KNOWLEDGE NOR CONSENT!! It get's better... Here's an except from Who's Arrested.com's FAQ:

How do I get my listing removed from WhosArrested.com?
We have a strict policy of not removing any arrest profiles, unless a request is accompanied by a judges order. However, we do offer profile anonymization that will remove the profile from public access, and restrict the profile from appearing in search engine results.

What is Profile Anonymization?
Anonymization is a service WhosArrested.com extends to those whose arrests are profiled on the publicly accessible section of the site, the section that is visible to search engines. When a profile is Anonymized, we remove the profile from public access on the site and remove the profile from appearing or being accessed through search engines.

In the event my arrest was false, or my charges were dropped, will you remove my record?
No. WhosArrested.com? reports incidents where arrests and subsequent detention occur. Whether the arrest was justified or not, whether the charges were dropped, is beyond the scope of this site.

My record has been sealed (expunged) by a judge, will you remove my record?
Yes. WhosArrested.com? will completely delete the record in the case the arrest information has been sealed. A request to remove information sealed by a judge must be accompanied by an official signed document from the court, and emailed to [email protected].

If I pay for anonymization, will anyone have access to my arrest record?
The only access to your anonymized arrest record will be to corporate and community partnership members.

This is nothing short of full blown criminal extortion...

Yet somehow it is allowed to exist and operate. and then not just operate, but make profits from it too...

I truly do pray that ATS isn't about to resort to this form of buisness model...

Hey, lighten up, this is a conspiracy website for gad's sake!

edit on 7-4-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The first step in our three-step plan to dominate the Internet by ensuring people can easily locate all the material being kept from them by the mainstream media is in place.

[insert maniacal laugh]

This has the possibility of being pretty amazing and brilliant from a metaphysical perspective.

Let's manifest, no let's WILL this to reality, let this be the ATS takeover of the internet!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Finally!
I just try it.
Good tool!

Congratulations.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

This is version 1.0 of the ASK ATS engine. Future improvements will include forum-specific searches, the ability to refine your searches based on the date a topic was authored, the date of a topic's last reply, number of flags, number of replies, and even specific members who replied to a topic.

I am looking forward to when this is implemented. There have been countless times I've wanted to look up a topic that had the most replies or was created recently, but I always had to wade through a couple of pages just to find it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

What about the newly released fbi documents about roswell which now they say happened? Just heard about it on coasttocoastam but have not looked for any documents.
I hope somebody posts them for research's sake.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hey SO, you should make a function that indexes every single youtube/google video that is posted on ATS. So before someone posts a YouTube video they can search for the video number ie: (yvid)abcd123(/yvid) to see if it has already been posted. That would help a LOT.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Heyyo_yoyo, when you post such sites as that personal information mining site you encourage people to act out who might post personal information of users for whatever twisted reasons. The regular users here don't know who has whose IP that can be traced to personal identity. Millions of people have had mere traffic violations which are cite and releases. Those are considered arrests. I think it would be responsible of you to rethink the posting of that sick minded invasion of privacy link. Because that's exactly what that link is.

FYI, here in America wealthy people can pay high powered attorneys that are connected to judges and DAs, because that's what justice is in America. Buying access to judges and DAs through a good ole boy network of justice that begins with fraternal relationships. Who are left exposed on those sites are poor disenfranchised people who cannot access power. Therefore minor offenses that millions in this country have been arrested for are in such data banks. Mostly traffic crimes, but nonetheless embarrassing if the information gets into the wrong hands and posted for general consumption. Even though the site claims that's a TOS violation there is no enforcement if such terms are violated

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Thank you to all the staff and management of ATS for this amazing bit of techno-sorcery. I personaly create very few threads, owing largely to the restrictions placed upon my time by work and life, and also to the fact that I am accutely aware that the subjects which interest me enough to construct a thread about them, are often being discussed already by the time I sit at my computer. Further to that, I am also aware that there are those far better qualified and expirienced to speak on these matters, and collate and present the data which these subjects are comprised of, than I am.
However, when I do find myself with the time, and the insight to attempt to create a thread, it can be very off putting to know that there is a good chance that despite searching hard to ensure there is no pre existing thread, I may be posting superflously.
With this new search function, which I tested just now to positive effect, I feel more confident that if I should find myself in a position to create a thread, I can do so in the firm knowledge that I will not be wasting the time of the membership, or indeed the bandwidth of our intellectual playhouse.

Kudos and many thanks to all involved.

TB

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Like D.I.G.G. does so as to not keep old topics wasting space and or readers time.

Great idea.. but you just know what will happen..
People will; still post their stuff just as a matter of importance and to hope they gain some form of fame, however short lived that may be

Love the new search function though..
Phase 3?? .... ATS logo beamed onto surface of the moon for all to see????

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
OMG yes!!!

Finally

Oh now I won't see multiple threads because people can't blame search anymore!!! At that point they are lazy

Thank You.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I see that this new search engine will only find threads that have already been created.

Phase 3 will obviously allow us to search through threads from the future; threads that haven't even been posted yet.

Thank you ATS programmers, this is a great improvement.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join